Author Topic: CKY  (Read 30045 times)

Fico

Re: CKY
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2003, 06:45:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by poorlulu:<BR><B>how would fico respond?<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I'm baffled... how do I respond?<P>Jadetree, ye young republican lady, would you care to answer??<P>

mruoCKY

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2003, 06:46:00 pm »
haha, I'm not even going to fight with you man. You can keep talking though.  Its entertaining.  Chill, it was just a question I was asking someone who worked at the club. I have found my answer so everything is cool.<p>[This message has been edited by mruoCKY (edited 01-15-2003).]

vansmack

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2003, 06:51:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mruoCKY:<BR><B> I have found my answer so everything is cool.<P>[This message has been edited by mruoCKY (edited 01-15-2003).]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>In the interest of knowing, I'd like to know what you found out.  Are they opening for Erasure?<P>You can email me if you fear getting flamed about the answer.
27>34

jadetree

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2003, 06:51:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fico:<BR><B> I'm baffled... how do I respond?<P>Jadetree, ye young republican lady, would you care to answer??<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>young republican... now I am baffled<P><BR>not baffled by the lady part, because your jokes are stale

jadetree

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2003, 06:59:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fico:<BR><B> I'm baffled... how do I respond?<P>Jadetree, ye young republican lady, would you care to answer??<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>your response would sound something like - <P>proper oasis mate porky stella pie scarf artois rhett rock and celeste roll fish and chips man city oasis proper

Fico

« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2003, 07:02:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> your response would sound something like - <P>proper oasis mate porky stella pie scarf artois rhett rock and celeste roll fish and chips man city oasis proper</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>you forgot tops and mega.<P>Cheers wanker!  <P>

Shadrach

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2003, 07:17:00 pm »
I'm not choosing sides in this silly debate, but I will add my two cents as a long time 9:30 employee.<P>Often times bands will come through the club that I like and out of interest I may ask them when they're coming back again. Every once in a great while they will say they "have no idea", but for the most part they tell you they'll be back at one time or another. Sometimes they give you a month and sometimes they give you an exact date.<P>My point is that almost 90% percent of the time they have no idea what they're talking about. Unless they have a tour manager who lets them know exactly when they're returning, it's usually a shot in the dark. So most of the time I ask one of my managers or the person who books the shows if the date I was told is correct or not. I like to get a heads up on when the bands I like will be back.<P>All this brings me back to the original post here. Someone claims they spoke with a band member who told them they were coming back to 9:30. That person then came to the forum to see if they could get some type of confirmation. I don't see the problem here. The original post didn't read as being overly boastful. In fact it seemed rather benign.<P>Anyway, like I wrote this is just my two cents. It didn't seem called for to jump down the throat of this person for the original post.<P>To the original poster and defenders of CKY:<P>On a separate note, if you have a problem with people giving you hell for your personal taste in music, this probably isn't the place to post. We have a huge number of self proclaimed music critics here who have no problem busting your chops if you don't listen to what they listen to. You can't be thin skinned here.<BR>

Skaboss

« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2003, 07:26:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shadrach:<BR><B>Often times bands will come through the club that I like and out of interest I may ask them when they're coming back again. Every once in a great while they will say they "have no idea", but for the most part they tell you they'll be back at one time or another. Sometimes they give you a month and sometimes they give you an exact date.<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>So, when IS Dio coming back through town?<BR>

walkman

« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2003, 07:45:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skaboss:<BR><B> <BR>So, when IS Dio coming back through town?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>March 26th.  I talked to the bassist.  Did I mention that I'm available?

paige

« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2003, 07:50:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shadrach:<BR><B> You can't be thin skinned here.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>best understatement ever   <BR>on that topic.. i think that it can be a bit difficult to learn to just ignore everyone who has been posting here and thinks that their opinion is the only opinion. if you can get past that, it can be quite fun to tell everyone to go to hell and whatnot<BR>

Dandy01

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2003, 08:10:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paige:<BR><B> best understatement ever   <BR>on that topic.. i think that it can be a bit difficult to learn to just ignore everyone who has been posting here and thinks that their opinion is the only opinion. if you can get past that, it can be quite fun to tell everyone to go to hell and whatnot</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>yeah, go to hell Paige.  kidding.<P>

ggw

« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2003, 09:20:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> young republican... now I am baffled<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Campaign Research Coordinator<BR>2/2000 - 12/2000<BR>Republican Mainstream Committee<BR>Washington, DC <P>Web Designer<BR>3/2000 - 11/2000<BR>Friends of Clay Shaw<BR>Ft. Lauderdale, FL<P>Technology Consultant<BR>9/1997 - 2/2000 <BR>Republican Mainstream Committee<BR>Washington, DC <P>21st Century & Government Reform Intern<BR>8/1996 - 4/1997 <BR>Office of Senator John Ashcroft <BR>Washington, DC <P>

paige

« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2003, 09:57:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dandy01:<BR><B> yeah, go to hell Paige.  kidding.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>why dont you go to hell! haha. this is fun. i also forgot to add getting into offtopic discussions about britpop, soccer, and markie.

lax01

« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2003, 02:28:00 am »
wow you guys are all very ignorant....you all obviously know nothing about cky...so instead of making assumptions, why don't you go research it...I really hope that some of you guys show up to the show because you meet some people that are going to kick you asses. <P>And: CKY is headlining their own tour. THEY ARE NOT OPENING FOR ANYBODY. They were opening for GnR but since that got cancelled they are now doing their own tour.

jadetree

« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2003, 04:25:00 am »
yes 2000, it is now 2003, I ran screaming<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ggw:<BR><B> Campaign Research Coordinator<BR>2/2000 - 12/2000<BR>Republican Mainstream Committee<BR>Washington, DC <P>Web Designer<BR>3/2000 - 11/2000<BR>Friends of Clay Shaw<BR>Ft. Lauderdale, FL<P>Technology Consultant<BR>9/1997 - 2/2000 <BR>Republican Mainstream Committee<BR>Washington, DC <P>21st Century & Government Reform Intern<BR>8/1996 - 4/1997 <BR>Office of Senator John Ashcroft <BR>Washington, DC <P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>