Author Topic: How much do you spend on concert admission per year?  (Read 9926 times)

Darth Ed

Re: How much do you spend on concert admission per year?
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2007, 04:41:00 pm »
Getting back on topic...

I average about 40 concerts per year. I guesstimate that my average cost per concert is about $25 for admission. That comes to roughly $1000 per year, not including ancillary costs like transportation, drinks, etc. I almost never buy concert T-shirts anymore, and I only have an occasional beer. As for transportation, I usually take the Metro unless it's a large venue in MD or VA.

I do get a lot of vacation time, but I don't take it to attend shows. I'm single and gainfully employed and have a flexible work schedule. (Did I answer all the questions?)

« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2007, 05:14:00 pm »
Wait a minute. What kind of work do you do that gives you four weeks of paid vacation, and enough money so that you have 5K per year for concert tickets, and another 10K per year for concert related travel, and still be able to pay all your bills....when you're a 23 year old recently out of college?

Originally posted by ixkpd-bk:

Originally posted by SalParadise:

Originally posted by nkotb:
  I'm curious too.  Either fools have a TON of vacation days each year, or some of you aren't gainfully employed.  Which of course begs the question "How the fuck do you pay for it all?"

[/b]
then the other dude that lived w/ daft punk for like 2 weeks... and apparently is subletting a cot in tori amos's tourbus for the fall.
 [/b]
Okay this should help: I have four weeks of paid time off at my job, I try and telework as MUCH as possible, and my rent is cheap.

But essentially, I am just really bad with money, and I act very compulsively. If I see tickets are on sale for a show that I want to see for a band that I like, more than likely, I'll be on that shit. I'm a fan of Southwest Airlines because you can fly a bunch of places for hella cheap if you book early enough. I've been doing what I do (seeing multiple shows and what not), since about 99, and I still managed to get away with graduating college and maintaining a somewhat normal life. I'm no superhuman super-scenester with a trust fund, I'm just a regular 23-year old with a job and really bad money management skills... (and maybe OCD?) [/QB][/QUOTE]

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2007, 06:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Wait a minute. What kind of work do you do that gives you four weeks of paid vacation, and enough money so that you have 5K per year for concert tickets, and another 10K per year for concert related travel, and still be able to pay all your bills....when you're a 23 year old recently out of college?
I'm a public policy consultant for a company here in DC. I get most of August off, due to Congress being out on recess, and I'm damn good at what I do. Went to school on scholarship. Not really high in debt. Every 23-year old doesn't necessarily "struggle" with finances.
Woof.

bull930

« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2007, 12:35:00 am »
I spend between $500-$1,000. Depends on who I'm seeing.

A few big shows @ MCI Center, other venues( Madonna, Destiny's Child, Beyonce/Missy Elliot/Alicia Keys) and a few at 930, other venues(Massive Attack, Garbage, Lily Allen 2X, Peaches,Nelly Furtado)

mdh9857

« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2007, 03:20:00 am »
Sort of a concert newbie, really didn't start going until this year, but spent about $350 so far and tickets in hand for 2007.  Note: Includes 2 comedy shows (~$100).

But that's not including mom's b-day gift tickets to Tim McGraw.  I had no interest, but had to buy 2 so she wasn't alone.

Bags

« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2007, 01:09:00 pm »
That's tough to figure out.  I'm going to guess $2K, but that includes a badge for SxSW and a couple big ticket shows (this year, two Police shows if not three and The Who; in the past Madonna, Simon & Garfunkel, etc.).  Luckily I got a $60 presale three day pass to Lolla.

I'm estimating about 40 shows at clubs, averaging $17, and then the big ticket items.

But, this is my primary entertainment/hobby.

K8teebug

« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2007, 08:38:00 am »
Usually about 1500, but with the house this year, less than 200.