Author Topic: How much do you spend on concert admission per year?  (Read 9930 times)

How much do you spend on concert admission per year?
« on: August 23, 2007, 03:52:00 pm »
Not counting drinks, merchandise, and travel to the show (unless you want to include that separately).

My guess for myself: $200, though that may decrease now as I'm getting older and have a baby and wife at home...

Now that I think about it more, I'm guessing I'm probably in the $150 range...

walkonby

Re: How much do you spend on concert admission per year?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 03:53:00 pm »
i feel bad . . . i spent that in august alone.

killsaly

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 03:54:00 pm »
at least 400

nkotb

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 03:54:00 pm »
That's a good question.  I don't know off the top of my head, since I go in weird spurts.  If I had to guess, I'd say somewhere around $300 - $400 on an average year.

I can't wait to see the Director & bnyce's tallies.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 03:57:00 pm »
Last year I must have spent about...400.

This year.....probably close to 400 already, considering i paid 60 for White Stripes and 200 for V Fest plus other shows here and there. And I just got wind of like 5 to 10 shows I wanna go to. Plus traveling [Philly to see Justice].
‼‼?‼‼

TheDirector217

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 03:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by nkotb:
  That's a good question.  I don't know off the top of my head, since I go in weird spurts.  If I had to guess, I'd say somewhere around $300 - $400 on an average year.

Let's just say it has 3 zeros behind it & leave it at that.  Don't even make me think about including travel, drinks, merch, and the dreaded "et cetera" category.  Only those fortunate enough to kick it with me a show know about that.  Names are un-necessary.

And my yearly total is prolly a slow quarter for bnyce.   :D

danknugz

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 04:03:00 pm »
i spent $150 on cure tickets for my girlfriend and i this year, and thats the most I've ever paid. i dont go to all that many shows a year, maybe 10 at the most. on average, i spend about $100-$150 a year. this year, i've probably spent about $300.

only 2 other shows i have to go to this year, Mono @ Ramshead, and Doug Stanhope @ Arlington Cinema Drafthouse. i dont think im going to any others. maybe DMST @ black cat and Megadeth @ 930. but those are maybes.

sonickteam2

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 04:10:00 pm »
lets see, probably about $500 between me and the wife, she likes to go to some cheesy shows, which always seem to carry a higher ticket price. then add about another $150 for shows i go to without her, so i only have to buy one ticket.

i'll go with $650. (more if we pick a festival, of course)

and i would think the Bombay Chutney may have a lot of people beat too.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 04:14:00 pm »
I wonder if I spend more on concert tickets or clothes to be quite honest.

As such, this year i've probably spent about $500 or $600... possibly heading upwards of $800 by the end of the year. And I didn't even have to buy Virgin Festival tickets...
nothx

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 04:15:00 pm »
I would say just under $1000.  I wish tickets.com had a working order history.
xoxo

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 04:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by le sonick:
 and i would think the Bombay Chutney may have a lot of people beat too.
Probably not as many as you'd think.  I don't go to very many "big ticket" shows or festivals and I don't go to nearly as many club shows as I used to.   I spend way too much, but I'm sure plenty of folks here have me beat by an indie mile.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 04:36:00 pm »
i'm sure i'd be shocked if i came up with my exact annual spend, so i'd rather not find out.  i'm definitely into the four digits too, on tickets alone - but one must consider i'm buying for two 90% of the time, since in this couple concert tickets are my responsibility. i/we do tend to go to a lot of expensive "big ticket" shows.

Originally posted by nkotb:
i suspect that ixkpd-bk's total would be right up there with those two.  boardee trivia: what do all three have in common? (other than an addiction to live shows, of course...)  

joe marshmellow is probably on the same level as me - a step below those three, but still boardline insane     :p      

as thedirector said, it's an investment in my happiness.  i have the income to support this habit, and this is what i chose to spend it on as it brings me the most happiness.  for some it's shoes, for others it's cars, other it's financial investments... me, it's the unique high i get from a good performance.  it does take on a "chasing the dragon" quality at times.
<sig>

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 04:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by miss pretentious:

As such, this year i've probably spent about $500 or $600... possibly heading upwards of $800 by the end of the year. And I didn't even have to buy Virgin Festival tickets...
as an addendum to my previous comment, my new year's resolution was to shift my money from clothes to shows...
nothx

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 04:45:00 pm »
i knew there was a good reason why i wanted you to spend more time with my girlfriend...

j/k  :p
<sig>

TheDirector217

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 04:47:00 pm »

as an addendum to my previous comment, my new year's resolution was to shift my money from clothes to shows... [/b]
I don't even wanna think about the wardrobe budget.  But then again, one must keep up appearances.  Image is everything.      :cool:    

Funny this thread pops up. I remember a conversation with a certain boardie here who
 until they opened their trap never made me even think about what I was spending on shows.

I wonder who it was . . .       :mad: