Author Topic: new found glory and good charlotte at the patriot center  (Read 17605 times)

Celeste

Re: new found glory and good charlotte at the patriot center
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2003, 12:47:00 pm »
Thanks for the insights, Thatguy...I think it was cool of you to so openly put it out there...body modification beyond some earrings and getting my haircut is not for me, but I am intrigued by the psychology behind those who choose to engage...one of the "testimonials" in your link inspired me to read The Story of O over the weekend, which I had known what was about, but never really read...brought up all kinds of interesting concepts about "freedom" from the physical world, pushing one's physical existence to limits that open them emotionally and spiritually, etc. I am pretty sure I disagree with any practical application of these concepts, but it is very interesting nonetheless!

dulcinea

Re: new found glory and good charlotte at the patriot center
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2003, 12:00:00 pm »
I'm going to be there, and I'm not really happy about it, but a friend of mine made me swear that I'd go. Plus Less Than Jake is opening, which in itself is motivation enough for me.<P>But yeah. My lifelong dream is to beat the living hell out of Benjy from Good Charlotte, or at least give him a good slap in the face. "Stop talking about how fucking hardcore you are!" He really bothers me. Well, not THAT much, but I need a target for all my rage at everyone in the music world who annoys me, so I just focus my angst on him. *kick*<P>But... sigh. I'll admit, I think their music is occasionally catchy, although quite frankly, most of it sounds the same. I just can't stand the way they prance around proclaiming their punk-rock-ness. Please. Clothes do NOT always make the man. And I do like New Found Glory (or at least, I OUGHT to by now after near-constant exposure to them thanks to a friend of mine) but that guy's voice really starts to grate on my nerves after about half an hour.<P>Should be interesting.