Author Topic: hfs festival for the dot comrades  (Read 10075 times)

Re: hfs festival for the dot comrades
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2003, 03:24:00 pm »
WE SHOULD ALL HAVE A CONTEST TO SEE HOW LONG EACH OF US CAN GO WITHOUT BUYING MUSIC.

I BET MOST OF YOU COULD GO LONGER WITHOUT WANKING/HAVING SEX THAN WITHOUT BUYING MUSIC.

markie

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2003, 03:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

I think that the sellers are rated -- so try to stick to someone who is rated highly.
really? Do yo think I am retarded? I think the money is guaranteed, the same way as amazon new and used.

No one has the first two balbboy singles or pet sounds sucks by Lambchop

sonickteam2

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2003, 03:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  WE SHOULD ALL HAVE A CONTEST TO SEE HOW LONG EACH OF US CAN GO WITHOUT BUYING MUSIC.

I BET MOST OF YOU COULD GO LONGER WITHOUT WANKING/HAVING SEX THAN WITHOUT BUYING MUSIC.
ummm, no , but i am not married either. But it WOULD be close.  wait, does "sharing" music count?

Bags

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2003, 03:30:00 pm »
I've already done that.  

For me, there's no contest.  I'd cave pretty damn fast.  I am NOT master of my musical domain, it is master of me!

markie

« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2003, 03:30:00 pm »
  WANKING/HAVING SEX THAN WITHOUT BUYING MUSIC.
lets see......... I have not bough anything since my trip to DCCD 8 days ago...... So , er , nope.

ggw

« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2003, 03:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by Anton Newcombe:
 really? Do yo think I am retarded? I think the money is guaranteed, the same way as amazon new and used.

You really want me to answer that?

I don't know the details of how it works because I haven't considered buying anything there (nor on Amazon used).

markie

« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2003, 03:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  I don't know the details of how it works because I haven't considered buying anything there (nor on Amazon used).
I used a similar site to buy books....

alibris.com

normally with these mega sites they guarantee the transaction. It is therefore a big advantage over ebay. Often things turn up cheaper than on ebay too.

Amazon new and used is really good, but you dont get the free shipping. My wife wanted a $200 book and got it for $100 in the new and used......It was selling for $150 on ebay.

Bags

« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2003, 03:46:00 pm »
I just bought a bunch of things from Amazon new & used.  I'd never done it before, but with one-click, it was super easy.  Regular shipping will take a while, but it was still cheap and I'm not gonna *die* if I don't get four new cds w/in a couple days.

Wait, I might, I might Die -- I need that I Am Kloot and Bigger Lovers NOW NOW NOW!

Wait, I'm okay.  Just a little anxiety attack.

mjnova

« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2003, 03:49:00 pm »

Funny you mention this cause I recently went 4 weeks without buying a cd to see if I could.  Then I binged.  But I'd been buying like crazy this summer so I needed a break to listen to what I had.

Jaguär

« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2003, 04:00:00 am »
Mankie, you can get the CD at Amazon UK.

As far as Gemm is concerned, I have a friend who referred me to them about 2 years ago and she liked them except we've both found that they are often way over priced. It's often better for research. But, like ebay, or any of the others, it all depends on who you end up buying from.