Author Topic: wisdom teeth.  (Read 12124 times)

nkotb

Re: wisdom teeth.
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 10:31:00 am »
Actually, my brother was in a similar boat as a kid.  He had several root canals and even an abscessed tooth that made his face swell up like the movie MASK before he was in the 7th grade.  Poor kid...he was just born with bad teeth.

Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Sorry. Nothing to be proud of. Though now I'm a changed man.

But if anyone who has a combination of the right insurance, a big pile of spare change lying around, and major dental problems ever needs a dentist recommendation, I've got a good one I can recommend.

Originally posted by nkotb:
  You've wowed us with your lack of dental hygiene!  Kudos!    :D  

Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  I bet I've had more dental work done than all of ya!
[/b]
[/b]

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 10:51:00 am »
do any other highly evolved people have all four of their wisdom teeth fitting nicely in their mouth?
(o|o)

nkotb

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 10:53:00 am »
I had an ex-girlfriend that was born without them.  Talk about highly evolved!

Originally posted by Hoya Paranoia:
  do any other highly evolved people have all four of their wisdom teeth fitting nicely in their mouth?

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2007, 10:59:00 am »
wow. i wonder how often that even happens? Lucky.

[/b]
nothx

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2007, 11:03:00 am »

[/b]
how did you let her get away?? you could have had super-babies
(o|o)

nkotb

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 11:06:00 am »
That actually segues nicely into something I said to my wife this morning:

If I had kids with super powers, I would want to kill myself.  Not only would it suck that they had powers and I didn't, but I'd hate not having the upper hand as a parent.  Can you imagine trying to discipline a kid with super strength?  Or trying to catch your kid if he had super speed?

Yes, those are honestly the kinds of conversations I have with my wife.  And yes, she's just as bored listening to it as you most likely are in reading it.

[/b]
how did you let her get away?? you could have had super-babies [/b]

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2007, 11:19:00 am »
what about mudblood children(having kids with magical powers)? could you handle that?

If I had kids with super powers, I would want to kill myself.  Not only would it suck that they had powers and I didn't, but I'd hate not having the upper hand as a parent.  Can you imagine trying to discipline a kid with super strength?  Or trying to catch your kid if he had super speed?

Yes, those are honestly the kinds of conversations I have with my wife.  And yes, she's just as bored listening to it as you most likely are in reading it.

[/b]
[/b]
nothx

nkotb

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 11:22:00 am »
No way.  If I can't have special powers, I certainly don't want my kids to have them.  I've spent 29 long years fantasizing about being a superhero, and selfishness be damned, that's one area that I don't want my kids succeeding where I failed.

Now, if the super kids could build me a suit of armor like Iron Man...

Originally posted by miss pretentious:
  what about mudblood children(having kids with magical powers)? could you handle that?

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2007, 11:24:00 am »

Originally posted by Surly Bonds:
  I was unaware the club offerred dental surgery referrals?

Please ask on craiglist instead.
well, with the club also offering dog boarding suggestions and bicycle suggestions why not?

and, since i'm having the surgery tomorrow, i obviously have a surgeon already.
 please be surly elsewhere. [/b]
This bboard exists only to bring business into the club.  You are violating the spirit of the letter of the law.  Go to craiglist.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2007, 11:26:00 am »
i don't know if i should be disturbed or amused that this has thread has basically transistioned into a comic book.

No way.  If I can't have special powers, I certainly don't want my kids to have them.  I've spent 29 long years fantasizing about being a superhero, and selfishness be damned, that's one area that I don't want my kids succeeding where I failed.

Now, if the super kids could build me a suit of armor like Iron Man...

[/b]
nothx

nkotb

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2007, 11:31:00 am »
I certainly did get us off topic, didn't I?  :D  

wisdom teeth surgery shouldn't be too bad.  In most cases I saw, you should be ok for a wine tasting Monday...although mixing alcohol with open wounds might not be the best idea...

i don't know if i should be disturbed or amused that this has thread has basically transistioned into a comic book.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2007, 11:47:00 am »
I still have mine.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2007, 12:28:00 pm »
all mine fit just fine (all 4 in by the time i was 16 or so), but was supposed to have them removed during a jaw surgery (to save me later issues with keeping them cavity free), but doc forgot to pull them. . .so, had them pulled later, simple tooth pulls, no big deal.  the bigger deal was due to the surgery, a root fractured on one my teeth, so that had to be pulled, and a implant put in.
OU812

mrpee

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2007, 01:05:00 pm »
so i was always afraid of the dentist since my early days of having those hideous flouride treatments where you had to hold those wax molds in your mouth

i've always been stringent about mouth-hygiene-n-all, but i avoided the dentist during my rambling post-collegiate years. then, at the advanced age of 32, i was convinced by my wife that our new dentist was a swell guy and I should begin regular appointments once again. Well, as it turns out, he was. A swell guy. However, during his first look inside my mouth, he quickly became aghast: I had the full hot order â?? four impacted wisdom teeth.

"these don't give you any problems?" he asked, genuinely perplexed.
      "no, sir." I answered
      "these need to come out immediately" he said, with a look of concern that actually made me a little concerned.
      "well, I'm busy for the next few years, but perhaps..."
      "this week" my nice new dentist said sternly.
      "gee, um, okay, doc, if you really think I need to."

I made an appointment at an oral surgeon whom my nice new dentist --- who i now hated with a passion --- highly recommended. I got a ride to said appointment, since i was advised i would be in no condition to drive myself home afterward. I arrived wearing my favorite cold-weather beater: my burnt orange down jacket . Unfortunately, the zipper got stuck and, in a waiting room full of people, i was forced to wriggle out of it, kind of like a snake shedding his skin. Things wasn't starting well.

My name was called, I got into the chair, they checked my teeth and got the sleepy-time drugs ready. The oral surgeon came in, looked at me with a unnerving leer and pronounced "now just relax, this is gonna be just like the Sixties" as his assistant cackled.

the next thing i remember is being at home on the floor next to my couch.  my shirt was blood stained. A feeling of nausea was foremost in my mind. My mouth seemed very very dry, but I wasn't thirsty. My mouth, in fact, seemed seperate from the rest of body. I had a feeling it was actually sitting on the floor next to me.  I called to my wife for assistance several times, but none came. I passed the remainder of the night trying to get back onto the couch, but failing.

the following day, my cheeks were the size of grapefruits. i finally got vertical and went into the bathroom, where I stared at my horrifying visage in the glass and found two prescription bottles. One containing tylenol 3, one containing demerol. I phoned my wife, but she wouldn't take my call. I took several pills because my mouth Hurt.

Later, the phone rang. It was'nt my wife, but the doctor's office, phoning to see how I was getting on.  I told them i didn't feel particularly well. Unwell, in fact. they advised me to rinse my mouth with warm saltwater and take the pills. they also explained that i had woken up during the surgery, not once, but twice and had to be given additional doses of sedative not once, but twice.

finally, my wife returned and began to speak to me in an annoyed tone. she explained that i had made quite a scene during our exit from the oral surgeon's office. I wouldn't leave without my down jacket -- i was quite adamant about it, apparently, to the point of turning over a table which held a large quantity of magazines --- yelling that I  couldn't remember where i had my jacket and why won't any of the vile people in this office help me find it? My desperate need to find my jacket apparently prolonged our exit for a considerable length of time. My wife explained that she had been "extremely embarrassed" and that I should be, too.
    "I don't remember any of it" I explained.
    "I wishI didn't"  was her only answer.

after several days, I began to feel better. But I came around to her point of view. It's a view I share to this day. I hope your experience is better than mine.

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2007, 02:14:00 pm »
I always wanted to name my kid "Super" growing up. Alas, as I've turned 40, I've backed down on that desire. Just in time.

[/b]
[/b]