Author Topic: James Blunt  (Read 7539 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: James Blunt
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2006, 12:23:00 pm »
he was produced by Linda Perry (ex-Four Non Blondes) and someone over on J. Freedom's chat last week heard him in Giant, a Hilton Ad, and  Being raved about on Mix 107.  Draw your own conclusions...  i'd post this hilarious picture i have of him, but fear i'd get reported to the FBI...
T.Rex

Arlette

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2006, 12:33:00 pm »
His real last name is Blount, but he changed it to Blunt because as he was starting his music career, people kept asking him how to spell his last name.  He said Blunt was easier.

He served in the British military in Kosovo.

Yes, similar to Mraz, Blunt just opened for him the U.S. and now Mraz is opening for Blunt's UK tour.

His band's second gig was opening for Elton John in front of 25,000 people.  He played Elton's wedding.

Supposedly, he is very dreamy.  Yes, young girls will dig him.  

And how do I know so much, without ever having heard a single song?  Just read a feature on him in Rolling Stone last night.

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2006, 12:42:00 pm »
So does the fact that he's British means that he's automatically better than John Mayer or Jason Mraz? Sort of like Robbie Williams?

brennser

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2006, 12:44:00 pm »
he also opened for Lloyd Cole and the Commotions on their short reunion tour in 04

helicon1

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2006, 01:02:00 pm »
Blunt, Mraz, Mayer... They are all shite compared to Tom McRae

raineybt

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2006, 01:46:00 pm »
They are all shit compared to anything good.

Mobius

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2006, 02:07:00 pm »
Saw him on SNL. I'd say that he is to David Gray or Damian Rice what Coldplay was to Radiohead . . . i.e. dumbed down/watered down version.

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2006, 02:37:00 pm »
Ah, I see. And David Gray/Damien Rice certainly aren't anything to get too excited about.

Originally posted by Mobius:
  Saw him on SNL. I'd say that he is to David Gray or Damian Rice what Coldplay was to Radiohead . . . i.e. dumbed down/watered down version.

Bartelby

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2006, 03:07:00 pm »
Unlike most poster/experts here, I own the CD.  It's excellent.  Hilton Hotel's ad execs. believe so too since they purchased rights to several of his songs and are running them with their newest ad campaign targeting couples/weekend/honeymoon demographics right now. A couple of his songs are soft and romantic; "Jimmy" is downright nasty and mean...so what.

His song Beautiful is getting play on several new network tv shows; you brainiacs can look up which ones.  I like his music when I'm in the mood for something soft and folky...

I'm sorry I didn't get a ticket this a.m., and I'm positive it will sell out tomorrow within minutes.  There are many other assholes like me out there who like him too.

Flame away, bitches.

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2006, 03:10:00 pm »
I'll take the bait.

You told us to listen to Blue Merle. Enough said.  :D  

Originally posted by BadSushi:
  Unlike most poster/experts here, I own the CD.  It's excellent.  Hilton Hotel's ad execs. believe so too since they purchased rights to several of his songs and are running them with their newest ad campaign targeting couples/weekend/honeymoon demographics right now. A couple of his songs are soft and romantic; "Jimmy" is downright nasty and mean...so what.

His song Beautiful is getting play on several new network tv shows; you brainiacs can look up which ones.  I like his music when I'm in the mood for something soft and folky...

I'm sorry I didn't get a ticket this a.m., and I'm positive it will sell out tomorrow within minutes.  There are many other assholes like me out there who like him too.

Flame away, bitches.

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2006, 03:13:00 pm »
Didn't the Flame Away Bitches appear in Marvel comix at about the same time as the Fantastic Four?

Bartelby

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2006, 03:29:00 pm »
HAHAHAH, I still like Blue Merle...and I've been to the opera lately and was at a recent DC9 street/hip hop show  too.  So what?

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2006, 03:46:00 pm »
Were you at the opera that Sam Donaldson appeared in?

HAHAHAH, I still like Blue Merle...and I've been to the opera lately and was at a recent DC9 street/hip hop show  too.  So what?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2006, 05:30:00 pm »
Your cultural well-roundedness is clearly superior.

Btw, what's your problem?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2006, 05:33:00 pm »
How novel some ad agency bought up a bunch of one artists songs.... groundbreaking i tell ya... so when do his other songs start appearing in ads for perscription drugs, etc...
T.Rex