Author Topic: James Blunt  (Read 7537 times)

raineybt

James Blunt
« on: February 01, 2006, 10:56:00 am »
Anyone going to pick up tickets?  I didnt even realize there was a seperate 930 club newsletter, I thought the online blast was the only thing sent out, now I am starting to understand why I'm not getting tickets for things.  Im just worried these are going to sell out presale.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Re: James Blunt
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 11:03:00 am »
O'Mankie is going to this one! That's why he's not around now. He's busting Irish arse to make sure he gets a couple tickets.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 11:07:00 am »
yes there is a seperate 9:30 snail mail newsletter to get on the list email List_Serve@930.com your home address...

only a set number of tickets are sold via the presale...
T.Rex

raineybt

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 11:09:00 am »
No sh**.  I just guessed the password 3 minutes after they went on sale and it sold out.  You have got to be kidding me.

Bartelby

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 11:16:00 am »
That's amazing.  I was on at about one minute past 10:00.  First, it only allowed me to purchase one ticket; then said there were none left in that section.  Did anyone get any tics?

kevhender

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 11:27:00 am »
How much were tickets?

debaser

• www.lovefornickcave.com
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 11:35:00 am »
Tickets were $25.  They don't usually have a lot of tickets available in the presales, so I am guessing you will have better luck tomorrow.

towsonnc

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 11:45:00 am »
check out the guy on ebay that bought 10 of them... what was the password? i tried to guess it myself, but couldnt figure it out.

Che

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 11:54:00 am »
yeah that one guy bought tickets to 5 diferent venues where he's playing.  Every clubs presale tickets went onsale at 10 so he must have a bunch of people trying to buy them for him.  I got tickets, but my friend didn't, do you think tomorrow will sell out as quickly?

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 12:03:00 pm »
Who is James Blunt? Some reggae guy? Only a reggae guy would use the name "Blunt", right?

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2006, 12:09:00 pm »
The Bluntskulls are a Christian-Ska band.

Meepzorp

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2006, 12:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:
  Who is James Blunt?
not my words, just quoting ....

http://www.drownedinsound.com/bands/7676

"Blunt is the soundtrack to a life lived as a commodity ... He appeals to the unthinking, unquestioning, happy fuckwit for who doesn't want their music to challenge any of their safe, ignorant and wrong-headed assumptions about the world ...  We are so fucked, mentally and morally that when we try and address injustice the best we can do is UB40 in Hyde Park"

http://www.drownedinsound.com/content/view/595700

"I'd rather eat my own shit than duet with James Blunt," Paul Weller told the Daily Mirror.
(o|o)

raineybt

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2006, 12:14:00 pm »
Password was bedlam.  Tried billy first, then got it.  I was able to get one ticket, but who the hell wants one ticket?  All that would happen would be me buying another ticket, then paying the fees a second time, so I'll see how lucky I get tomorrow morning.

Blunt is the new college favorite.  He reminds me a lot of John Mayer, or maybe Jason Mraz.  He's ok, I just know that if I get tickets I can convice a hot babe to go to the show with me and maybe have a hot makeout session.

raineybt

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2006, 12:15:00 pm »
I would pretty much agree with Hoya.  That hits the nail on the head.  But chicks dig him.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2006, 12:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:
 http://www.drownedinsound.com/content/view/595700

"I'd rather eat my own shit than duet with James Blunt," Paul Weller told the Daily Mirror.
a pretty funny response to this in the comments:

It's Been A Long Time...

...since I thought of "eating shit" in conjunction with "Paul Weller".

This article brings back the memory of that day when I woke up and announced to the world "I would rather drink a pint of my own diarrhea on the hour, every hour, for the next ten years, than listen to anything concerning Paul Weller."

Actually, I think that may have been over Christmas dinner with the folks... they always like to play lame shit when they're eating.
(o|o)