Author Topic: Rumor: Smashing Pumpkins at 9:30 Club July 10th  (Read 176968 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Rumor: Smashing Pumpkins at 9:30 Club July 10th
« Reply #1200 on: October 18, 2007, 11:38:00 am »
Originally posted by callat703:
  so who is going this weekend?

about time this thread came back.
YES!!!  didn't you see my call for its resurrection in the other thread?  i'm in for sunday.  pre-show snacks & drinks at the dive-bar/restaurant on ludlow just east of the Tower, please join us if you can.

i have a spare ticket for sale, Center Orchestra row PP (about 3 or 4 rows in front of the soundboard) - interested parties should PM me.
<sig>

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #1201 on: October 18, 2007, 12:13:00 pm »
The band has added a handful of older songs to their sets since VFest: Perfect, Ava Adore, Where Boys Fear To Tread, SET THE RAY TO JERRY, Let Me Give The World To You, Rocket (electric).

Should be excited. In for all four days in Philly.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #1202 on: October 18, 2007, 12:32:00 pm »
bah. i should have/ wish i could have done this.
nothx

nkotb

« Reply #1203 on: October 18, 2007, 01:26:00 pm »
Beyond Gossamer, that was the low-light of the DC show.  An acoustic Rocket is just wrong, in my opinion.

Originally posted by Julian, good manners AFICIONADO:
 Rocket (electric

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1204 on: October 18, 2007, 01:29:00 pm »
hopefully no masturbatory guitar solos that lasts forever?
(_|_)

« Reply #1205 on: October 18, 2007, 02:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by wanderlust j. marshmallow:
  hopefully no masturbatory guitar solos that lasts forever?
Thankfully Gossamer has been cut from all recent setlists.

« Reply #1206 on: October 18, 2007, 02:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by nkotb:
  Beyond Gossamer, that was the low-light of the DC show.  An acoustic Rocket is just wrong, in my opinion.
I didn't think it was terrible, but electric is definitely better.

I like that they're not using United States as the opener all the time... they're going back to some of the classic openings (MCIS>Rocket or Where Boys Fear To Tread>Hummer).

Driveway

« Reply #1207 on: October 18, 2007, 05:02:00 pm »
I was tempted to leave when the played gossamer at the end.  Luckily I stuck it out.  Fuck You was quite a reward.

« Reply #1208 on: October 18, 2007, 05:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by DriveWay:
   Luckily I stuck it out.  Fuck You was quite a reward.
This is a hilarious statement in so many other circumstances.

distance

« Reply #1209 on: October 18, 2007, 10:02:00 pm »
i'm going tomorrow.   i don't think i'm going to go to any of the others..

Driveway

« Reply #1210 on: October 19, 2007, 10:57:00 am »
Fuck You is so 1995.  It is great.

distance

« Reply #1211 on: October 20, 2007, 03:18:00 pm »
i'm done with this band.
 someone would have to pay me a lot of money to get me to sit through another show.  the shows have just gotten progressively worse over the years and last night was somehow even worse than the 930 club show in dc.  whoever is mixing SP live needs to be fired.

Lively One

« Reply #1212 on: October 20, 2007, 08:15:00 pm »
I have serious doubts about going to philly tomorrow--even with front row seats.  The setlist last night blew harder than the 9:30 show.  I'm not done with this band yet though. They're just playing what all the fratboys and moshers want to hear.  I still have a little bit of hope left in me.

Last night was basically a "let's play a smashing pumpkins greatest hits show and throw in some random zeitgeist."  BLAH.  No one wants to hear the songs I want to hear.  Mellow pumpkins tunes obviously don't sell a show, so I'm out of luck I suppose. Drown, Set the Ray to Jerry, Stand Inside Your Love, and Let Me Give the World to You were the only highlights--and mild ones at that. I'm getting a little leery of making the trip tomorrow.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1213 on: October 21, 2007, 03:26:00 pm »
and the show start at the same time as Sox-Indians game 7... aaaarg, tough choice.  right now i'm thinking that i'll catch EITS and some of the smashing billys, but if the game is remotely close i'm bailing on the show and bee-lining for the closest bar with a TV.

yes, i'll be the dork in center Orchestra checking the score on his cell phone every 10 minutes.
<sig>

« Reply #1214 on: October 25, 2007, 02:06:00 pm »
I had tickets to all 4 nights but only made it through 2.5. I came down with both an ulcer on my eye and uveitis and the band's light show all but blinded me. Monday night I had to leave early, my eye was bleeding and I was having photophobic spasms. I had to call an ambulance and turned up in the emergency room of Jefferson Hospital in the most pain of my entire life. I was for all intents and purposes completely blind, and have only regained a semblence of sight today.

The hospital was increasingly unprofessional. They refused me a room even though I have insurance, and shot a steroid into my eye and discharged me even though I could not see and told me to see an opthomologist ASAP. I told them I'm from Richmond, cannot see, and have no clue where anything is in Philly and they said it wasn't their problem. They offered to put em in a taxi and to tell the driver to drop me off at ahomeless shelter. The wheeled me out of the hospital and left me on the front stoop. I wandered back into the waiting room and sat there for 6 hours until my father drove down from Rochester to come get me. My car is still in DC and my luggage in Philadelphia.     :(    

Basically, it was a terrible last couple of days although the shows were good. I don't blame the band because if my eyes were hurting, I should've left earlier, and the doctor said even w/o the light show, I would've been in that condition within a day, it only sped it up.

One positive note about humanity: I was texting a kid from Netphoria the setlists and I told him I had to leave because of my eye and he kept calling to see how I was doing. When I was sitting in the waiting room, he apparently posted on the Pumpkins board about what had happened and another fan from a few blocks away came down and checked on me and filled my prescrition (since I couldn't walk/see). I gave him my ticket for night 4 but he didn't know I even had one, so he was just doing it to be kind. So there are still some cool people out there.