Author Topic: Rumor: Smashing Pumpkins at 9:30 Club July 10th  (Read 176966 times)

TheDirector217

Re: Rumor: Smashing Pumpkins at 9:30 Club July 10th
« Reply #1215 on: October 25, 2007, 02:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by Julian, good manners AFICIONADO:
  I had tickets to all 4 nights but only made it through 2.5. I came down with both an ulcer on my eye and uveitis and the band's light show all but blinded me. Monday night I had to leave early, my eye was bleeding and I was having photophobic spasms. I had to call an ambulance and turned up in the emergency room of Jefferson Hospital in the most pain of my entire life. I was for all intents and purposes completely blind, and have only regained a semblence of sight today.

The hospital was increasingly unprofessional. They refused me a room even though I have insurance, and shot a steroid into my eye and discharged me even though I could not see and told me to see an opthomologist ASAP. I told them I'm from Richmond, cannot see, and have no clue where anything is in Philly and they said it wasn't their problem. They offered to put em in a taxi and to tell the driver to drop me off at ahomeless shelter. The wheeled me out of the hospital and left me on the front stoop. I wandered back into the waiting room and sat there for 6 hours until my father drove down from Rochester to come get me. My car is still in DC and my luggage in Philadelphia.      :(    

Basically, it was a terrible last couple of days although the shows were good. I don't blame the band because if my eyes were hurting, I should've left earlier, and the doctor said even w/o the light show, I would've been in that condition within a day, it only sped it up.

One positive note about humanity: I was texting a kid from Netphoria the setlists and I told him I had to leave because of my eye and he kept calling to see how I was doing. When I was sitting in the waiting room, he apparently posted on the Pumpkins board about what had happened and another fan from a few blocks away came down and checked on me and filled my prescrition (since I couldn't walk/see). I gave him my ticket for night 4 but he didn't know I even had one, so he was just doing it to be kind. So there are still some cool people out there.
Damn.  Hope everything's good with you.  I still owe you some drinks from the playlist wager, so hope you can get up & running soon.  Best wishes, fam . . .

Darth Ed

« Reply #1216 on: October 25, 2007, 02:11:00 pm »
Sorry to hear that, Julian. That sucks. Hope your vision improves soon.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #1217 on: October 25, 2007, 02:16:00 pm »
Get better soon Julian.
 And to think we were just seeing Stars Saturday night and then this...?
nothx

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #1218 on: October 25, 2007, 02:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by miss pretentious:
Stars was good too. Is there a thread/setlist for that anywhere? Couldn't believe they played On Peak Hill -- one of my all time favorite songs by anyone ever.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1219 on: October 25, 2007, 02:32:00 pm »
julian - that sounds like an absolute nightmare     :eek:   .  so sorry you had to go through this.  will your eye get better?

Originally posted by miss pretentious:
  Get better soon Julian.
and to think we were just seeing the pumpkins together on sunday!  all seemed so good (miss p - julian mentioned how much "fun" your group had at stars... ya lushes)
<sig>

« Reply #1220 on: October 25, 2007, 02:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  will your eye get better?

I may have some permanent periphrial vision loss on my right side, but it does seem to be coming back slowly so I am hopeful that is not the case.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #1221 on: October 25, 2007, 02:53:00 pm »
Wow - Sorry to hear about all this.  I hope things start getting better for you soon.

« Reply #1222 on: October 25, 2007, 03:00:00 pm »
This country's health care system absolutely sucks. My sympathies to you; sorry you had to go through such trouble.

« Reply #1223 on: October 25, 2007, 03:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  This country's health care system absolutely sucks.  
I could not agree more. Ironically, at the bar before the sunday show, sweetcell and I were talking about how we both want to move to europe within the next 5 years because of the increased standard of living and socialized health care.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #1224 on: October 25, 2007, 03:16:00 pm »
I sincerely hope you feel better soon, Jules.  I know you will.  You'll be 100% by Christmas.  

Brian

lagas

« Reply #1225 on: October 25, 2007, 03:17:00 pm »
that sounds like a scene from Sicko, its just awful the unprofessional response of the medical system there...I really hope you start to feel better soon...
zorra

vansmack

« Reply #1226 on: October 25, 2007, 03:45:00 pm »
Since he appears to be alright:

Top 5 new board monikers for Julian?

Julian, One Eyed Wonder Weasel
27>34

« Reply #1227 on: October 25, 2007, 04:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
 Julian, One Eyed Wonder Weasel
No man, the last word ALWAYS has to be capitalized.

Julian, occular DEGENERATE?

vansmack

« Reply #1228 on: October 25, 2007, 04:23:00 pm »
Not to play the part of devil's advocate here, but what did the hospital do wrong, other than not wheel him to the waiting room instead of outside?

He had an eye injury.  He didn't need a room.  A hospital is not a hotel.

If anything, the dude you gave the SP ticket too should have put you up for the night.

Did you have a hotel for the night or were you planning on getting back to DC?
27>34

« Reply #1229 on: October 25, 2007, 04:25:00 pm »
If you're not playing devils advocate here, then what are you doing?    :D

Hospitals give rooms out to people who don't need them all the time. Like women who give birth.