Author Topic: Rumor: Smashing Pumpkins at 9:30 Club July 10th  (Read 177138 times)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Rumor: Smashing Pumpkins at 9:30 Club July 10th
« Reply #360 on: July 06, 2007, 12:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by MindCage:
  Just show up earlier before the show starts to get an extra ticket. The club staph will be out in full force around the venue to keep the scalpers away and making sure people are selling for face value only.
If we were from DC, I'm sure bnyced0 and myself would, but being from NYC and Richmond, that's a long drive without an assured ticket at the end.

TheREALHunter

« Reply #361 on: July 06, 2007, 12:35:00 pm »
Man there are some real whiny bitch SP fans, wah wah he bought 4 tickets, personally I don't see where it's such a hard concept to grasp, perhaps if some of y'all weren't such goddamn whiners you might actually have 3 friends who would go with you to a show as well.
 Having said that if anyone has a +1 that they want to offer up to a filmer who'll give you a copy of the show (in addition to other bands in my "vault" haha) feel free to PM me (though I'm not holding my breath on that one haha).

bnyced0

« Reply #362 on: July 06, 2007, 12:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by xneverwherex:

please tell me youre from nyc! thatd so make my day! amazing the non-locals got some! sorry bncyed0.    :D  [/QB][/QUOTE]

Very funny, who woke you up?  I think it would be amazing IF the locals got some.

vansmack

« Reply #363 on: July 06, 2007, 12:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by bnyced0:
  I would never have tried to get four, I was only going for one and don't mind others getting them for themselves that's the luck of the draw, but cheating the system for extras or  for profit is wrong, that's all I'm saying.

When did he say he was selling them for profit?  He's goign with a bunch of his friends?  There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #364 on: July 06, 2007, 12:37:00 pm »
On Craigslist people are asking for 45$ and 75$.
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #365 on: July 06, 2007, 12:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by MindCage:
  This girl seems to be changing her price.

First it was $1,000, then down to $800 for two. Now she's selling off only one for $500.
heh, i actually messaged this girl to tell her that she won't be able to sell both.  not that i care about her, it was about protecting innocent buyers from paying big bucks only to have one of them shut out of the show... but come to think of it, maybe i shouldn't have,  maybe i should have let people get bitten... then again that "someone" might have been julian, which would have sucked.  so maybe my decision to contact this low-life scalper was right.  dunno.  thoughts?
<sig>

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #366 on: July 06, 2007, 12:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  When did he say he was selling them for profit?  He's goign with a bunch of his friends?  There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Yeah, I really don't know why people are jumping down this kid's throat. He got two tickets. Someone else in his group got two tickets. Would you all feel better if they took 2 cars so it's 2 groups of 2? Geez.

nike4o1

« Reply #367 on: July 06, 2007, 12:38:00 pm »
for those who didnt get tickets...

how many windows did you have open?

my friend and I who were in charge of getting the tickets literally had 100 windows on each of our computers... i got in at like 1004 and he got in at 1006...

I used firefox which was nice w/ the tabbing feature and he used IE(which took longer to sort out the windows)

Unfortunately, the days of camping out for tickets are gone...you either have to be quick with your fingers(at ticketmaster.com) or lucky (at tickets.com)

Can't wait to see you all that got tickets on Tuesday, and those who didnt at Pimlico or later this fall when they go touring(def will be at Pittsburgh show)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #368 on: July 06, 2007, 12:39:00 pm »
Also, I found tickets for dirt cheap and was wondering, can the buyer pick up the tickets days before the show?

Because or else I'm screwed. :|
‼‼?‼‼

anarchist

« Reply #369 on: July 06, 2007, 12:39:00 pm »
how are they going to scalp tix when they don't have them in hand?  in the past 930 has done the mobile box office.  they go down the waiting line with wristbands and a will call list.  when they get to you you give them a photo id, they check the list and put a wristband on you.  then you go into the club.

vansmack

« Reply #370 on: July 06, 2007, 12:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by nike4o1:
  I used firefox which was nice w/ the tabbing feature and he used IE(which took longer to sort out the windows)

For IE 7, -> tools,-> Internet Options, Tabs.  Check the box that says enable tabs.
27>34

TheREALHunter

« Reply #371 on: July 06, 2007, 12:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by anarchist:
  how are they going to scalp tix when they don't have them in hand?  in the past 930 has done the mobile box office.  they go down the waiting line with wristbands and a will call list.  when they get to you you give them a photo id, they check the list and put a wristband on you.  then you go into the club.
They're going to have to meet them in advance and then go in with them.  For the people who bought tickets in their name and think they're going to pass them off to their buddy...THAT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN, you may as well make plans to go.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #372 on: July 06, 2007, 12:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by nike4o1:
 Yea, we used two different  user names, addresses, or email addresses,to get our tickets...

just b/c i get 4 tickets means I'm scalping?  lol, its not like I bought 4 iPhones...what as the deal w/ the parking situation down there(not from the area and we are traveling far...our hotel is near a metro station and were going to use that, but don't know when the last ride is)
if you are indeed not scalping, then more power to you.

parking: plenty of free street parking, or use the $10 lot.  my suggestion: take a metro to the show and take a taxi back afterwards, shouldn't be more than $10-12 if you're anywhere near downtown/NW.  taxi = no DUI, no worrying about missing last metro, no skipping out on any of the show, etc - it'll be worth it.
<sig>

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #373 on: July 06, 2007, 12:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by anarchist:
Thats the plan for this show I think.  Josh and the rest of them make it pretty damn hard to scalp tickets.
FUKIT

bnyced0

« Reply #374 on: July 06, 2007, 12:44:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Originally posted by bnyced0:
  I would never have tried to get four, I was only going for one and don't mind others getting them for themselves that's the luck of the draw, but cheating the system for extras or  for profit is wrong, that's all I'm saying.

When did he say he was selling them for profit?  He's goign with a bunch of his friends?  There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. [/b]
I said OR for profit, and wasn't specifically talking about him but anyone in general who spoofs to get more than that allowed.  If he only got two that's  fine, that means his friend got two as well, which is different than I GOT FOUR.  Or are we suspending math today?