Author Topic: Tivolite Alert  (Read 3474 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Tivolite Alert
« on: February 07, 2006, 11:47:00 am »
Since all you Tivo cultists already have a Season Pass set up to record Arrested Developement.  This is for those of you who have the short bus riding cousin Comcast supplied DVR.

The last four episodes of this season Arrested Development air on Friday (2/10) from 8 to 10pm.  I refuse to call them the final episodes, because somewhere out there is a deity that can make miracles happen.

Web Thuggery encouraged in this thread...
T.Rex

nkotb

Re: Tivolite Alert
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 12:02:00 pm »
That's great news!  Hopefully a channel with some brains will pick the series up.  And hopefully that channel will leave in the bleeped profanities.  That kills me everytime.

ratioci nation

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 12:06:00 pm »
comcast dvr allows you to record a season, at least mine does

renton007

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 12:24:00 pm »
Tivo lists this as Series, Season Finale. Not sure if they mean it's a series and it's the season's last episode or (since it's 3 or 4 episodes) that one episode is the season finale and one is the series finale.
 I thought the last episode S.O.B.s wrapped up the storyline; it'll be good to see the storyline continue a little longer.  Also, what's up with running this on a Friday? The dead zone of viewership.  At least they could have put it on Monday, the time-slot for this season, or the orginal time-slot, Sunday.

Regarding below, the bleeps are intentional on the part of the creators.  It's supposed to be an aspect of the documentary nature of the show.  With that in mind, notice that whenever there is profanity the character will hide their mouth, or they will show another character's reaction to what is being said.  If the show moves to Showtime, as was hinted at in S.O.B.'s, expect the same thing to occur.

Originally posted by nkotb:
  That's great news!  Hopefully a channel with some brains will pick the series up.  And hopefully that channel will leave in the bleeped profanities.  That kills me everytime.

vansmack

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 12:41:00 pm »
Showtime is close to picking up Arrested.
27>34

brennser

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 01:08:00 pm »
as does RCN

Originally posted by pdx pollard:

Bags

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 02:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by brennser:
  as does RCN

[/b]
But not if it's in a different time slot, no?  I've got Comcast (which is good in that you get 60 hours rather than Tivo's 40 hours), and I can only note to tape a show on a regular basis (ie, daily, weekly, monthly).  I could well be missing something.

brennser

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 02:40:00 pm »
as to how well it navigates schedule changes, I cannot say...but when you set up a series recording, it doesn't specify daily/weekly etc

you can choose only to record 1st runs and choose how many to record, i.e., no more than 4 episodes of Lost can be on DVR at any time

Originally posted by Bags:

Originally posted by brennser:
  as does RCN

[/b]
But not if it's in a different time slot, no?  I've got Comcast (which is good in that you get 60 hours rather than Tivo's 40 hours), and I can only note to tape a show on a regular basis (ie, daily, weekly, monthly).  I could well be missing something. [/b]

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 02:48:00 pm »
PDX must have a different Comcast DVR then us, as while it can be set up to tape a specific show for an extended prior of time it only tapes that specific time slot.  So if the network schedule changes in any way the DVR doesn't adjust it's self, i.e changes, time, day or length which Tivo can.
T.Rex

ratioci nation

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 02:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  PDX must have a different Comcast DVR then us, as while it can be set up to tape a specific show for an extended prior of time it only tapes that specific time slot.  So if the network schedule changes in any way the DVR doesn't adjust it's self, i.e changes, time, day or length which Tivo can.
yeah that is different then, its called a series recording here rather than a season pass and you can record a show whenever it is on on any channel

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 03:00:00 pm »
wasn't the comcast dvrs going to get tivo sw on them?
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2006, 03:01:00 pm »
Which reminds me, DirecTV is giving away TiVo's powered DVRs until Feb 28.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/hw/Of...OMO_CODE=DVR4ME  

No extension of service, no extra fees.

Just $14.95 shipping.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2006, 03:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  wasn't the comcast dvrs going to get tivo sw on them?
This summer.  They started to do series 2 TiVo's then said we'll just wait for Series 3 TiVo's because of the dual tuners, cable cards and hi-def.
27>34

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2006, 08:51:00 pm »
Yeah my comcast DVR will:
 Record first run episodes on channel
 Record all episodes in a time slot on a channel
 Record all episodes at any time on a channel

I've only had it a few weeks but really like it...HD content really fills up the drive but I haven't been screwed by any limitations yet.

The box has 4 tuners - two SD and two HD so you can either record two shows at once or watch one while recording another.  I've never had tivo but I'm pressed to think of what it could offer that my current box doesn't do.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2006, 09:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by Chaz, Lover of all Beings:
  Yeah my comcast DVR will:
 Record first run episodes on channel
 Record all episodes in a time slot on a channel
 Record all episodes at any time on a channel

yeah, mine does that
o/\o