Author Topic: Indians 22, Yankees 0  (Read 32770 times)

sonickteam2

Re: Indians 22, Yankees 0
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2004, 01:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by keithstg:
  What I'm wondering is how it's possible to root for two teams in the same division...
who does that?

hitman

« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2004, 01:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:

Originally posted by pollard:
 I don't think Barry Bonds should be allowed to wear so much armor on his arms to protect him from getting hit [/b]
Why? They intentionally walk him anyways. If you had said Criag Biggio then I would probably agree. I don't know how he swings will all that on. [/QB]
I don't think that he should be able to wear that shit.  Would that be allowed in any other sport?  Don't think so.  It makes you wonder if he has to have that shit to hit the long ball.  

No matter what MLB has to get clear about uniform rules.  Juan Pierre and CC Sabathia should not be able to wear their hats crooked to the side.  This isn't a fucking Lil' Jon video.  This is an organized league.  And the baggy uniforms have to go.

ratioci nation

« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2004, 01:22:00 pm »
  Why? They intentionally walk him anyways. If you had said Criag Biggio then I would probably agree. I don't know how he swings will all that on.
Well the Cardinals have a policy not to intentionally walk him unless it is the right game situation for it, it burns them occasionally, but I think it is the right thing to do, all that gear on his arms means he can lean over the plate all he wants, i have the same problem with Biggio though

hitman

« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2004, 01:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

Originally posted by hitman:
  i hate A-Rod.  i didnt like him in Texas.  Besides, we already have an overpaid player on the team (Ramirez).
It's good to know that you can be objective.  Ramirez is an ass, as is Pedro.  And the Yankees have their own asses to contend with as well. [/b]
what makes Pedro an ass? cause he throws bean balls?  

this coming from a hockey fan at heart, but i think there should be MORE bean balls in baseball, mix it up a little! [/QB][/QUOTE]

Pedro is just as much of an ass as anyone else.  He is an ass to the fans, period.  And I don't have  a problem with bean balls as long as they have a purpose.  Doing it for the hell of it is shite.  No matter who the pitcher is.

Guiny

« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2004, 01:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by pollard:

Why? They intentionally walk him anyways. If you had said Criag Biggio then I would probably agree. I don't know how he swings will all that on.
Well the Cardinals have a policy not to intentionally walk him unless it is the right game situation for it, it burns them occasionally, but I think it is the right thing to do, all that gear on his arms means he can lean over the plate all he wants, i have the same problem with Biggio though [/b]
After watching part of last nights game on ESPN, I see Joe Morgan has a problem with not pitching to Bonds also, he used the St. Louis example just like you did.

flawd101

« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2004, 02:05:00 pm »
would you pitch to Bonds? except in video games where bonds is my bitch.
 i probably wouldn't.  i remember my one oriole yankee game when i was in the yankee section. chanting lets go yankees all night because once you go to a few games at yankee stadium you become a fan...of course the yankees won....

Venerable Bede

« Reply #111 on: September 02, 2004, 02:09:00 pm »
  After watching part of last nights game on ESPN, I see Joe Morgan has a problem with not pitching to Bonds also, he used the St. Louis example just like you did.
have read any of his articles or chats on espn.com?  joe morgan has problems with alot of stuff.
OU812

ratioci nation

« Reply #112 on: September 02, 2004, 02:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by flawd101:
  would you pitch to Bonds?  
he is hitting around .360, if people pitched to him it would probably be lower, still get him out more times than not

Guiny

« Reply #113 on: September 02, 2004, 02:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:

have read any of his articles or chats on espn.com?  joe morgan has problems with alot of stuff. [/b]
Believe me, I'm not a big Joe Morgan fan, he bitches more than my Mother did when I was growing up.

keithstg

« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2004, 02:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

What I'm wondering is how it's possible to root for two teams in the same division...
who does that? [/b]
If you're a blue jays fan and a sox fan..

sonickteam2

« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2004, 02:58:00 pm »
  If you're a blue jays fan and a sox fan..
i am a red sox fan.  I like to see the Blue Jays do well, if it ever comes down to the Jays vs. the Sox, i pick the sox.

mankie

« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2004, 03:05:00 pm »
I truly apologize, I honestly do.

I now know how you all feel when smackie, Barcelona and myself discuss football on the board.

« Reply #117 on: September 02, 2004, 03:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bollocks:
  That Karma Sutra warming oil is amazing...I'd take a 10 day suspension anyday.
Headline Newsflash!

Venerable Bede

« Reply #118 on: September 02, 2004, 03:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bollocks:
  I truly apologize, I honestly do.

I now know how you all feel when smackie, Barcelona and myself discuss football on the board.
that's right!  football season starts next week - go chiefs!
OU812

mankie

« Reply #119 on: September 02, 2004, 03:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dupek Chopra:

[/b]
Headline Newsflash! [/QB]
I'd teabag her!