Author Topic: Indians 22, Yankees 0  (Read 32768 times)

mankie

Re: Indians 22, Yankees 0
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2004, 10:20:00 am »
WOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOO!

UNITED SIGN ROONEY.

Now, what were you lot talking about?

sonickteam2

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2004, 10:29:00 am »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:
  Like A-Rod said, It only counts as one loss.
one huge, history making, humiliating, laugher of a loss, actually.

Guiny

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2004, 10:32:00 am »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

one huge, history making, humiliating, laugher of a loss, actually. [/b]
Actually, it won't even cross 99.9% of the peoples minds in a couple of days. Well, unless you keep brining it up of course.

mankie

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2004, 10:37:00 am »

I wonder how many wasted $$ per run that breaks down to for Steinbrenner.

If the Wankees had any class they would donate their salaries for that game to charity.

ggw

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2004, 10:39:00 am »
I wasn't aware that Geffen had dropped them.

Originally posted by Bollocks:
  WOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOO!

UNITED SIGN ROONEY.

Now, what were you lot talking about?

sonickteam2

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2004, 10:45:00 am »
  Actually, it won't even cross 99.9% of the peoples minds in a couple of days. Well, unless you keep brining it up of course.
or anyone that goes to

www.espn.com

cause its kinda hard to miss!

:D

bbbsmith

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2004, 10:45:00 am »
To all of those proud members of the Red Sox Nation...we do not need to gloat...our team needs to keep playing the way that they have during August.  The Yankmees are in trouble...god, what are all the fly-by-night fans going to do???  Maybe there will be a run on Boston hats this fall...and we can become famous when jackasses like Fred Durst wear our caps as fashion accessories...oh to dream!

keithstg

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2004, 10:46:00 am »

As opposed to how many humiliating playoff defeats over the years? It amazes me how many Red Sox fans are obsessed with the Yankees. If the Sox were blown out last night, I doubt that any Yankee fan member of the forum would have bothered to create a topic.

I was at Fenway last weekend and the number of fans wearing Yankees Suck t-shirts was insane, not to mention the number of young kids wearing them. I don't think Yankee fans have the same obsession with the Red Sox, but this is probably old news.

ratioci nation

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2004, 10:47:00 am »
nice to see the Cardinals 6 games better than the Yanks with half the payroll

i am actually rooting for a Cards-Yankees Series though

and a Cubs collapse

Venerable Bede

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2004, 10:54:00 am »
blah blah. . .it doesn't matter, as the a's and angels are both going to playoffs this year.

pollard, i bet you want a cubs collapse, since you know they can beat the cards.    ;)
OU812

ratioci nation

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2004, 10:56:00 am »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  pollard, i bet you want a cubs collapse, since you know they can beat the cards.     ;)  
I do fear them more than any other team, I just think the two teams are evenly match, and cubs cardinals games are always close, but I find this particular Cubs team to be pathetic and underserving of making the playoffs, why do they keep acting like they are the best team in baseball when they can barely keep the Astros from the wild card

Venerable Bede

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2004, 10:58:00 am »
Originally posted by pollard:

pollard, i bet you want a cubs collapse, since you know they can beat the cards.      :)   but really, the cubs should be running away with the wild card cause the giants and padres (gulp) have no right even being in this race.
OU812

ratioci nation

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2004, 11:02:00 am »
  because the baseball writers declared at the beginning of this season that the cubs are the best team in the national league, and they've been trying to live up to that and pressuring themselves.  oh, and the umpires hate them.    :)    but really, the cubs should be running away with the wild card cause the giants and padres (gulp) have no right even being in this race.
well the Padres may be in trouble, they play the Cardinals 5 more times in the next couple of weeks

Venerable Bede

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2004, 11:13:00 am »
Originally posted by pollard:
  well the Padres may be in trouble, they play the Cardinals 5 more times in the next couple of weeks
well, somehow the padres survive, just like their manager.  but yeah, the padres have the toughest schedule of the wild card teams. . .the cubs have the easiest, by far. . .4 left with the expos, 6 with the marlins, 6 with the pirates, 3 with the mets, 3 with the braves and 8 with the reds.  course, they finish with 3 at home against the braves.
OU812

Guiny

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2004, 11:29:00 am »
Originally posted by keithstg:
 As opposed to how many humiliating playoff defeats over the years? It amazes me how many Red Sox fans are obsessed with the Yankees. If the Sox were blown out last night, I doubt that any Yankee fan member of the forum would have bothered to create a topic.

I was at Fenway last weekend and the number of fans wearing Yankees Suck t-shirts was insane, not to mention the number of young kids wearing them. I don't think Yankee fans have the same obsession with the Red Sox, but this is probably old news. [/QB]
Thank You, That is the most accuarate statement I've read in this forum in a long time. And before Sonick disagrees, remember I have alot of friends who are Red Sox fans up in New England who agree with this statement. If the Red Sox win the world series, their first reaction would be, "we won and the Yankees didnt". IF the Yankees win the world series, not one mention of the Red Sox would be in their post game speech (maybe Wade Boggs said something). Just like everytime the Red Sox sign a new star, the first thing they say during the press conference is "this is the year we beat the Yankees". Well Carl Everett was wrong, Manny Ramirez was wrong, Pedro Martinez was wrong and I'm sure theres a couple of others. Maybe Curt Schilling will be right. Eventually someones gotta be right, If you say it a hundred different times its bound to happen at least once.