Author Topic: Indians 22, Yankees 0  (Read 32765 times)

hitman

Re: Indians 22, Yankees 0
« Reply #180 on: September 15, 2004, 11:55:00 am »
Originally posted by pollard:

Originally posted by Venerable Bede:

nevertheless, philly phans are still worse.
I went to a Cardinals game in Philly when JD Drew was still on the team, it got a little scary when he was at the plate [/b]
It should've gotten scary at that point.  What Drew did to Philly isn't any different then what Elway did to Baltimore, or Manning did to San Diego.

vansmack

« Reply #181 on: September 15, 2004, 12:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:

I wore a Steeler jersey to a Ravens game  [/b]
I wore a Steelers Jersey to a Riaders game when they were still in LA (one of the few chances I ever had to see the Steelers play in LA when I lived there.  I was about 17-18 years old at the time.  I was terrified for my life.  I ended up taking it off.  When I got home, the news reported that Raider fans had beaten a Steeler fan into a coma in the stadium.  He later died.  I've never been to a Raider game since and will never go, even if it's the only chance I have to see my beloved Steelers on the west coast.
27>34

sonickteam2

« Reply #182 on: September 15, 2004, 12:57:00 pm »
yeah, me and a friend went to Philly to a Flyers game with Bruins jerseys on and a couple guys tried to get us to come over to their car with them after the game and when we wouldnt go the one dude swung at my friend and we took off.

what the fuck is wrong with people that have to take it all personal when you are routing against thier team?  i mean really. childish.

Guiny

« Reply #183 on: September 15, 2004, 02:23:00 pm »
I guess they figure its part of their hometown advantage. It definetely isnt worth beating the crap out of something or killing them. It's more satisfying taunting the hell out of them and embarrassing their team, especailly if they lose. But thats as far as it should go.....Well unless your a Red Sox fan......J/K Sonick!!!!!!!!!

vansmack

« Reply #184 on: September 15, 2004, 07:07:00 pm »
Coin tosses today:

Should either of these folks tie for either the division or the Wild card, here's where the playoff happens:

WHAT'S THE SCENARIO?  
 NL West
 â?¢ Los Angeles at San Francisco

NL Wild Card
 â?¢ Chicago at San Francisco
 â?¢ Houston at San Francisco
 â?¢ Florida at San Francisco
 â?¢ San Diego at San Francisco
 â?¢ Chicago at Houston
 â?¢ Florida at Chicago
 â?¢ Chicago at San Diego
 â?¢ Houston at Florida
 â?¢ Houston at San Diego
 â?¢ Florida at San Diego

AL East
 â?¢ Boston at New York

AL West
 â?¢ Oakland at Anaheim
 â?¢ Oakland at Texas
 â?¢ Anaheim at Texas

AL Wild Card
 â?¢ Anaheim at Boston
 â?¢ Oakland at Boston  
 â?¢ Anaheim at New York
 â?¢ Oakland at New York
27>34

Venerable Bede

« Reply #185 on: September 16, 2004, 10:08:00 am »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  Coin tosses today:

Should either of these folks tie for either the division or the Wild card, here's where the playoff happens:

WHAT'S THE SCENARIO?  
 NL West
 â?¢ Los Angeles at San Francisco

NL Wild Card
 â?¢ Chicago at San Francisco
 â?¢ Houston at San Francisco
 â?¢ Florida at San Francisco
 â?¢ San Diego at San Francisco
 â?¢ Chicago at Houston
 â?¢ Florida at Chicago
 â?¢ Chicago at San Diego
 â?¢ Houston at Florida
 â?¢ Houston at San Diego
 â?¢ Florida at San Diego

AL East
 â?¢ Boston at New York

AL West
 â?¢ Oakland at Anaheim
 â?¢ Oakland at Texas
 â?¢ Anaheim at Texas

AL Wild Card
 â?¢ Anaheim at Boston
 â?¢ Oakland at Boston  
 â?¢ Anaheim at New York
 â?¢ Oakland at New York
geez, the man doesn't much like the a's, but loves the giants.  also, how fitting the marlins would have go to the cubs for a tie-break.
OU812

ratioci nation

« Reply #186 on: September 16, 2004, 10:16:00 am »
Originally posted by hitman:
  It should've gotten scary at that point.  What Drew did to Philly isn't any different then what Elway did to Baltimore, or Manning did to San Diego.
I guess I like to hope people have a reasonable grasp on reality and realize that violence isnt needed when a guy doesnt want to play for your sports team

Guiny

« Reply #187 on: September 16, 2004, 10:19:00 am »
 It should've gotten scary at that point.  What Drew did to Philly isn't any different then what Elway did to Baltimore, or Manning did to San Diego. [/QB]
I think what Barry Sanders did to the Lions and what Ricky Williams did to the Dolphins are both 500 times worse than what Drew did to the Phillies.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #188 on: September 16, 2004, 10:25:00 am »

It should've gotten scary at that point.  What Drew did to Philly isn't any different then what Elway did to Baltimore, or Manning did to San Diego. [/b]
I think what Barry Sanders did to the Lions and what Ricky Williams did to the Dolphins are both 500 times worse than what Drew did to the Phillies. [/QB]
oh, i disgree about barry sanders. . .jd drew wanted philly to pay him more than he was worth (grr, don't get me started on the dis-service boras is doing for his clients just outta college). . barry sanders didn't want his coach to be fired.  how is that worse - jd was motivated by greed and barry by loyalty.
OU812

Guiny

« Reply #189 on: September 16, 2004, 10:39:00 am »
 oh, i disgree about barry sanders. . .jd drew wanted philly to pay him more than he was worth (grr, don't get me started on the dis-service boras is doing for his clients just outta college). . barry sanders didn't want his coach to be fired.  how is that worse - jd was motivated by greed and barry by loyalty. [/QB]
I guess I was more concerned about his teamates and fans. Him walking out after the draft and them left with no running back.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #190 on: September 16, 2004, 10:57:00 am »

oh, i disgree about barry sanders. . .jd drew wanted philly to pay him more than he was worth (grr, don't get me started on the dis-service boras is doing for his clients just outta college). . barry sanders didn't want his coach to be fired.  how is that worse - jd was motivated by greed and barry by loyalty. [/b]
I guess I was more concerned about his teamates and fans. Him walking out after the draft and them left with no running back. [/QB]
from what i remember, he told the lions very early on that if they fired, i think it was wayne fontes, then he wasn't gonna play.  the lions, knowing that, went ahead and fired fontes, and sanders said, ok, i'm not playing again.
OU812

sonickteam2

« Reply #191 on: September 16, 2004, 11:24:00 am »
blah blah blah.

werent we talking about baseball?  lets not mix up our millionaire threads please.

Guiny

« Reply #192 on: September 16, 2004, 11:52:00 am »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  blah blah blah.

werent we talking about baseball?  lets not mix up our millionaire threads please.
Big series this weekend tough guy.   :D  

I watched the Red Sox last night on ESPN against the mighty Devil Rays. Definetely can't say anything bad about their offense.

sonickteam2

« Reply #193 on: September 16, 2004, 12:06:00 pm »

Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  blah blah blah.

Big series this weekend tough guy.    :D  

I watched the Red Sox last night on ESPN against the mighty Devil Rays. Definetely can't say anything bad about their offense. [/b]
2 out of 3 will make me happy.

hitman

« Reply #194 on: September 16, 2004, 12:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by pollard:

I guess I like to hope people have a reasonable grasp on reality and realize that violence isnt needed when a guy doesnt want to play for your sports team [/b]
Maybe my choice of words wasn't correct.  I can understand why there may have been uneasiness in the crowd when Drew was up to bat, but violence is never an answer.  It would be better to just scream profanities than that.  But I don't necessarily like when that occurs at games either, because there are always kids around, and their parents didn't bring them to games to hear that shit.  Let alone, the people screaming, are always the ones that call players profane names, and then get pissed when they don't sign a damn autograph.