Author Topic: D.C. = Fun, Fun, Fun!!!  (Read 9317 times)

sonickteam2

Re: D.C. = Fun, Fun, Fun!!!
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2003, 03:52:00 pm »
"The criteria for the rankings included: number of sports teams, restaurants and dance performances, toy stores and city budget spent on recreation. "

toy stores, thats MY definition of "fun"

did they count the number of times Andrew WK performed there each year?

vansmack

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2003, 03:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by pollard:
  no offense vansmack, but i was in orange county for a couple of hours last month,
I stand corrected.  The OC is the worst place in the world if Pollard can't have fun in a couple of hours.

Minneapolis it is!
27>34

Liberte

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2003, 03:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Originally posted by pollard:
  no offense vansmack, but i was in orange county for a couple of hours last month,
I stand corrected.  The OC is the worst place in the world if Pollard can't have fun in a couple of hours.

Minneapolis it is! [/b]
Yup, Minneapolis has plenty of ice.

ratioci nation

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2003, 04:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Minneapolis it is!
nothing to do with the ability to have fun, has to do with suburban sprawl

Jaguär

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2003, 04:20:00 pm »
Something is very seriously wrong if Baltimore is so much higher up on that list than New York City!

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2003, 04:24:00 pm »
or maybe people have different ideas of what is fun.   :)  

personally, i find NYC a bit overwhelming, and would much rather visit or live around Baltimore.

I would have to day Seattle is my favorite larger city (sorry to Celeste and other fans if Chicago the city), Portland, Oregon my favorite mid-sized city, and Asheville, NC and Raleigh, NC my favorite smaller cities (liked what i saw of Eugene, OR as well but not there long enough to form solid opinion)

And I'm even learning to appreciate certain things about DC, simultaneuously trying to ignore the things that irk me.

Originally posted by Jaguär:
  Something is very seriously wrong if Baltimore is so much higher up on that list than New York City!

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2003, 05:49:00 pm »
check out all the cool bands doing in-stores here:http://www.sonicboomrecords.com/ and you'll see that Seattle is kicking DC's ass in the musical department...

Jaguär

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2003, 06:05:00 pm »
I think almost everyone kicks ass with in-stores compared to this area. We have so few of them. Toronto and the UK seem to have the most and the best.

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2003, 06:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by Samantha:
 that was probably the fantasy he was working for, being beat up by schoolgirls.  he's in jail jerking to it right now
I would've replied sooner, but I was on the phone to the bail bondsman.  My vote goes to:

DUNDALK !

"Kiss me where it stinks, hon."

paige

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2003, 07:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dupek Chopra:

Originally posted by Samantha:
 that was probably the fantasy he was working for, being beat up by schoolgirls.  he's in jail jerking to it right now
I would've replied sooner, but I was on the phone to the bail bondsman.  My vote goes to:

DUNDALK !

"Kiss me where it stinks, hon." [/b]
Dundalk is the trash capital of the east coast, if not the world! My mother grew up there though, when it was the "pleasantville" idyllic type town before all of the factories closed. now it is the most depressing place i have ever been to.... even more than newark!!!

Jaguär

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2003, 07:10:00 pm »
Paige, you haven't seen Essex. It's even worse! In fact, I've found that Dundalk often gets the bad rap for Essex. To make matters worse, in the past 10 years, Essex has gotten so much worse than it ever was.

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2003, 07:14:00 pm »
Newark is a good comparison.  I get the willies whenever I have to drive to Newark, which is, like, once per year.

paige

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2003, 08:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dupek Chopra:
  Newark is a good comparison.  I get the willies whenever I have to drive to Newark, which is, like, once per year.
when i go even NEAR newark i fear that i will catch some venereal disease. <shudder> </shudder>

sonickteam2

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2003, 09:49:00 am »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  check out all the cool bands doing in-stores here:http://www.sonicboomrecords.com/ and you'll see that Seattle is kicking DC's ass in the musical department...
Seattle has more instores, but it also has more corporate coffee drinking, hiking boot wearing, tree hugging, protesting lesbians than DC does too.

lets put it this way, when you were a kid and you were bad...you had to go to stand in the corner right?  remember that?  now, look at a map.

sonickteam2

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2003, 09:52:00 am »
Originally posted by Jaguär:
  Paige, you haven't seen Essex. It's even worse! In fact, I've found that Dundalk often gets the bad rap for Essex. To make matters worse, in the past 10 years, Essex has gotten so much worse than it ever was.
to be honest, jag, i cant tell where Dundalk ends and Essex begins