Author Topic: D.C. = Fun, Fun, Fun!!!  (Read 9318 times)

Celeste

Re: D.C. = Fun, Fun, Fun!!!
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2003, 10:22:00 am »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  Seattle has more instores, but it also has more corporate coffee drinking, hiking boot wearing, tree hugging, protesting lesbians than DC does too.
aside from the corporate coffee...which they have aplenty in DC anyway, is this so bad?

I think it beats pointy-Blahnik-look-alike-wearing, afraid-to-get-dirty, apathetic consumerist straight girls

Celeste

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2003, 10:23:00 am »
 lets put it this way, when you were a kid and you were bad...you had to go to stand in the corner right?  remember that?  now, look at a map.
and when I was bad, I got spanked   ;)

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2003, 10:39:00 am »
Well at least Seattle/Washington State is good enough to be part of the US. Canada was so lame that 19th Century US expansion never bothered to claim it.

And yes, Seattle does have a certain attitude. One that I'll take over DC attitude anyday.

And again, any store that has Bobby Bare Jr and Stars, two artists that I currently can't get enough of, playing on consecutive days, gets my thumbs up. Those two beat any in-stores in the DC indie rock stores that I've seen in six years.

Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  check out all the cool bands doing in-stores here:http://www.sonicboomrecords.com/ and you'll see that Seattle is kicking DC's ass in the musical department...
Seattle has more instores, but it also has more corporate coffee drinking, hiking boot wearing, tree hugging, protesting lesbians than DC does too.

lets put it this way, when you were a kid and you were bad...you had to go to stand in the corner right?  remember that?  now, look at a map. [/b]

Celeste

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2003, 10:42:00 am »
  Well at least Seattle/Washington State is good enough to be part of the US. Canada was so lame that 19th Century US expansion never bothered to claim it.
hey don't you dis Canada!!!!

mankie

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2003, 10:56:00 am »
Originally posted by Celeste:

lets put it this way, when you were a kid and you were bad...you had to go to stand in the corner right?  remember that?  now, look at a map.
and when I was bad, I got spanked    ;)  [/b]
Somehow, seeing as who you're married to, I bet you still do!  :eek:  :You naughty naughty girl!

(disclaimer....this is meant as a light-hearted complement to yours and Rhett's apparent healthy and adventurous sex-life. Didn't want you to take this comment the wrong way like you evidently did the Europe one)

Celeste

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2003, 11:01:00 am »
Originally posted by mankie:
  (disclaimer....this is meant as a light-hearted complement to yours and Rhett's apparent healthy and adventurous sex-life. Didn't want you to take this comment the wrong way like you evidently did the Europe one)
no worries, mankie, I will always think of you as the man who rides the hell out of us, but at least shares our vegetarian values and gives us good chicken-friendly egg recommendations

sonickteam2

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2003, 12:17:00 pm »
  Century US expansion never bothered to claim it.

are you resorting to thoughtless comebacks again Rhett?

if pig-headed americans making fun of Canada really bothered me, i would have left here by now  :)

mankie

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2003, 02:04:00 pm »

?

if pig-headed americans making fun of Canada really bothered me, i would have left here by now   :)  [/b]
It's all they have seeing as the rest of the civilized world takes the piss out of them....and we all much prefer the canucks to those doodles anyway.  ;)

sonickteam2

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2003, 02:14:00 pm »
haha, thanks Mank.

reminds me a joke...

How many American tourists does it take to change a light bulb?

Fifteen.

Five to figure out how much the bulb costs in the local currency, four to comment on "how funny-looking" local lightbulbs are, three to hire a local person to change the bulb, two to take pictures, and one to buy postcards in case the pictures don't come out.

« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2003, 02:18:00 pm »
I thought it was every bit as clever as your inspired rant about Seattle.

if pig-headed americans making fun of Canada really bothered me, i would have left here by now   :)  [/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2003, 02:20:00 pm »
  I thought it was every bit as clever as your inspired rant about Seattle.

if pig-headed americans making fun of Canada really bothered me, i would have left here by now    :)   [/b]
[/b]
at least i thought of better words than, "lame"

:)   dont worry, i love Seattle. just not for more than 48 hours at a time

« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2003, 06:12:00 pm »
  ....and we all much prefer the canucks to those doodles anyway.
They love you like they would an obedient beagle lap dog with mange.  They respect us like they would a Doberman Pinscher.  Most folks tend to prefer a grudging, fearful respect over a fawning, smothering puppy love.

ggw

« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2003, 06:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dupek Chopra:

....and we all much prefer the canucks to those doodles anyway.
They love you like they would an obedient beagle lap dog with mange.  They respect us like they would a Doberman Pinscher.  Most folks tend to prefer a grudging, fearful respect over a fawning, smothering puppy love. [/b]
So you're married?

Jaguär

« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2003, 09:13:00 pm »

Originally posted by Jaguär:
  Paige, you haven't seen Essex. It's even worse! In fact, I've found that Dundalk often gets the bad rap for Essex. To make matters worse, in the past 10 years, Essex has gotten so much worse than it ever was.
to be honest, jag, i cant tell where Dundalk ends and Essex begins [/b]
Go look at a map. It's off in the corner.     ;)   No corporate coffee though.

« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2003, 09:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
 So you're married?
Only to the lord our saviour.