Author Topic: anyone got a good cure for the flu?  (Read 8070 times)

poorlulu

anyone got a good cure for the flu?
« on: November 06, 2003, 04:22:00 pm »
help me...........i wanna die i'm so achey..........

besides from copius quantities of over the counter remedies anyone know of anything else i should be taking....

otherwise entertain me.............

Jaguär

Re: anyone got a good cure for the flu?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 04:33:00 pm »
Loads and loads of water and clearish liquids and foods like brothy soups. Jello (yuck! I hate the stuff myself.) White grapefruit juice; NOT red or pink. Lots of sleep.

Samantha

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2003, 04:35:00 pm »
I was gonna say something raunchy but I think I'll refrain, celeste's back

poorlulu

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2003, 04:35:00 pm »
mtv europe awards are on live from edinburgh..........

it's like roadkill.........i have to look .........sleap is not an option..........

poorlulu

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2003, 04:37:00 pm »
samantha you can say something raunchy.............

although the boys will say................booooooiiiiiiiiiiing!!!

Sir HC

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2003, 04:37:00 pm »
Orange Juice.  Last time I had the flu, that is what I lived on for 3 days.  Can always add other items to it, you know those antibacterial agents like grain alcohol.

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2003, 04:39:00 pm »
I've learned it's ok to say something raunchy on this board, just don't refer to your own private genital parts...which is the only thing that Celeste ever objected to in the first place.

Originally posted by Samantha:

poorlulu

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2003, 04:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
  Orange Juice.  Last time I had the flu, that is what I lived on for 3 days.  Can always add other items to it, you know those antibacterial agents like grain alcohol.
hmmm alcohol...........good idea dr hc............let me investigate in to that option further.........

Samantha

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2003, 04:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  I've learned it's ok to say something raunchy on this board, just don't refer to your own private genital parts...which is the only thing that Celeste ever objected to in the first place.

[/b]
should I refer to someone else's?  or talk in the third person?

ggw

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2003, 04:46:00 pm »
I had a doctor once tell me that all the over-the-counter cold & flu medicines were pretty worthless, as all they do is alleviate symptoms, which you can do yourself with two aspirin and a couple of beers.

poorlulu

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2003, 04:48:00 pm »
ggw and sir hc........i'm seriously liking your medical advice, now if only i could get my nose to stop running.........

Sir HC

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2003, 04:51:00 pm »
Isn't that what that spackle called coke is for.  Drying your nose?

Jaguär

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2003, 04:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

I had a doctor once tell me that all the over-the-counter cold & flu medicines were pretty worthless, as all they do is alleviate symptoms, which you can do yourself with two aspirin and a couple of beers. [/b]
He's right. Plus, the symtoms are nature's way of helping to heal the body itself. For instance, coughing, sneezing, and the trots are ways the body eliminates toxins and the like. In fact, some over-the-counter meds can extend the life of an illness.

All the liquids help to wash the body out from the inside. They still don't know for sure what chicken soup does, but it does help.

The white grapefruit seed has something in it that the Chinese use for flues and other infections. I noticed years ago that it often seems to burn out infection in me. Only works with the white, not the red or pink. It works a whole lot better than orange juice too. I use to test them on myself when I was sick and nothing beats white grapefruit juice. BUT, you have to be careful with it too. It should never be consumed with medications because it will often either render them ineffective or enhance it's affectiveness.

markie

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2003, 04:51:00 pm »
Those zinc tablets work pretty well. Zinc is a powerful antimicrobial and also boosts your immune system....

Wooo double action.

Just dont take Codeine/tylenol with booze (or even for a hangover), you will get liver failure and die.

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2003, 04:52:00 pm »
I don't see where you really need to make random comments to the tuna under your desk whether it be in the first person or the third person, or describing anybody else's. Leave a little mystery...I've learned people don't seem to like to be conked over the head with sexual references.

Originally posted by Rhett Miller:

[/b]
should I refer to someone else's?  or talk in the third person? [/b]