Author Topic: A danger to the world!!!  (Read 12446 times)

Samantha

Re: A danger to the world!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2003, 05:56:00 am »
Originally posted by Yank:
 Hummmmmmm?  Sounds like Great Britain of yore!  Do you think that most people in Scotland and Wales like to call themselves British?  You know what they say about people who live in glass houses.
people who live in glass houses are plants?

hegemony DOES sound like an awful word...

mankie

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2003, 01:24:00 pm »

Hummmmmmm?  Sounds like Great Britain of yore!  Do you think that most people in Scotland and Wales like to call themselves British?  You know what they say about people who live in glass houses.

[/b]
Actually yank...the Welsh voted to stay British and the N. Irish protestants want to be known as "British"

I don't like to be called "British"...I'm ENGLISH (who happens to own an American passport as well!)

ggw

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2003, 01:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:

[/b]
Actually yank...the Welsh voted to stay British and the N. Irish protestants want to be known as "British"

I don't like to be called "British"...I'm ENGLISH (who happens to own an American passport as well!) [/b]
Give it up.  You're an American now.  Stop trying to run away from that fact, bro.

mankie

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2003, 01:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggw:

Give it up.  You're an American now.  Stop trying to run away from that fact, bro.

[/b]
"Hello, my name is Mankie and I'm an American"

:(

markie

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2003, 01:43:00 pm »
poormankie

Oh BTW what was the war on Iraq for again? ((especially for you GGW, you overly smug hawk)

Oh free the Iraqi people
 prevent terrorism
 destroy WMD

or none of the above.

some days I think you lot live in the MATRIX (tm)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,970331,00.html

Yank

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2003, 02:36:00 pm »

[/b]

I don't like to be called "British"...I'm ENGLISH (who happens to own an American passport as well!) [/b]
Come on Mankie, I'd expect better from you than this.  The Irish of N. Ireland wanting to be known of as British is purely political.  It's not their love of the English, and you know it.

As for the Welsh, I would think that's political and finanical.  I've only been over here for about 14 months but even I know that the Welsh in the north will start to speak to each other in their native tongue when they know an Englishperson is present.  And you know why they do it.

ggw

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2003, 02:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by markie:
  poormankie

Oh BTW what was the war on Iraq for again? ((especially for you GGW, you overly smug hawk)

Oh free the Iraqi people
 prevent terrorism
 destroy WMD

or none of the above.

some days I think you lot live in the MATRIX (tm)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,970331,00.html
That article is correct.  North Korea is in a desparate state.  Items like oil and food have value as bargaining chips.  Iraq is awash in oil which is readily smuggled across the border and turned into cash.  They had been under an embargo for ten years and there were no bargaining chips left.

mankie

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2003, 03:00:00 pm »

Come on Mankie, I'd expect better from you than this.  The Irish of N. Ireland wanting to be known of as British is purely political.  It's not their love of the English, and you know it.
 MY WIFE'S IRISH AND SHE LOVES AN ENGLISHMAN! SERIOUSLY, IT'S NOT EVEN POLITICAL AT THIS POINT, IT'S ORGANIZED CRIME.

As for the Welsh, I would think that's political and finanical.  I've only been over here for about 14 months but even I know that the Welsh in the north will start to speak to each other in their native tongue when they know an Englishperson is present.  And you know why they do it.
 THAT'S NO BIG DEAL...IF A COCKNEY TWAT EVER SHOWED UP AROUND US IN MANC WE'D JUST BROADEN OUR ACCENTS AND TAKE THE PISS OUT OF THE FUCKER...THAT'S DONE WHEREVER YOU GO.

[/b]
The fact remains they want to be British...for whatever reason. I don't though, the St. George cross is my flag!

markie

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2003, 03:19:00 pm »
    They had been under an embargo for ten years and there were no bargaining chips left.
GGW you must be twirling, king of spin....

you posted before that you thought they were invading Iraq to increase world safety and destroy WMDs.

The article states that American politician believed that WMDs had already been destroyed and Wolfowitz said,

"for reasons that have a lot to do with the US government bureaucracy, we settled on the one issue that everyone could agree on: weapons of mass destruction."

So for reasons of bureacracy American people were lied to.

G.Love

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2003, 03:31:00 pm »
Hey Mankie, I think Robin Williams is in charge at the Pentagon! Have you seen the email going around stating the The Robin Williams "Peace Plan"
 Goes like this:

I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of one plan for peace. " Books, not Bombs" won't work. The head mullahs won't let anyone read them. If they do, they poke their
 eyes out.

So, HERE'S  the plan:

1) The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini and the rest of them 'good old boys'. We will never "interfere"
 again.

2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea and the Philippines. They don't want us there, anyway.
 We would station troops at our borders. No more sneaking through holes in the fence.

3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave. We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of who or where they are. France would welcome them.

4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit. No one from a terrorist nation would be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change
 it yourself, don't hide here. Asylum would not ever be available to anyone. We don't need any
 more cab drivers.

5) No "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home baby.

6) The US will make a strong effort to become self sufficient energywise. This will include developing non polluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the
 Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while.

7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go someplace else.

8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere". They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides' most of what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if any anyway.

9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an island some place. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, it would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

9b) Use the buildings as replacement for the twin towers.

10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer.

Now, ain't that a winner of a plan? The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying; "Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses." She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, "You want
 a piece of me?"

- Robin Williams
 (somehow I seriously doubt this is Robin Williams, but then again it's not that funny, so it might be his)

ggw

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2003, 03:44:00 pm »
Originally posted by markie:

They had been under an embargo for ten years and there were no bargaining chips left.
GGW you must be twirling, king of spin....

you posted before that you thought they were invading Iraq to increase world safety and destroy WMDs.

The article states that American politician believed that WMDs had already been destroyed and Wolfowitz said,

"for reasons that have a lot to do with the US government bureaucracy, we settled on the one issue that everyone could agree on: weapons of mass destruction."

So for reasons of bureacracy American people were lied to. [/b]
I guess it depends on your preconceived notions.  The way I read that statement is that there were many competing reasons for invading Iraq and, for purposes of "keeping on message", they settled on the one everybody could agree on.

I don't think anyone's view would change if no WMD are found.  Hussein could have shown that he destroyed his weapons at any time and had the sanctions lifted.  He didn't.  So, are you saying that he destroyed his weapons, but preferred to live under the sanctions so he never bothered to show that he destroyed the weapons, nor keep any proof of that?  We operated under the assumption that a man with a known weeapons program, who had nothing to gain (and everything to lose) by secretly destroying that program, would logically still have that program since he has refused to show any evidence to the contrary.

mankie

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2003, 03:46:00 pm »
I think markie has the WMD's under his bed.

G.Love

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2003, 03:50:00 pm »
unlike in his pants! (so I hear)

mankie

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2003, 03:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by G.Love:

unlike in his pants! (so I hear) [/b]
Well if one accidently went off, it would be the first time the earth has moved for his wife while he's in the bed!

markie

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2003, 03:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by G.Love:

unlike in his pants! (so I hear) [/b]
That is correct I have WML in my pants.