Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 67755 times)

ggw

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #225 on: August 06, 2003, 05:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by Robert Pollard:

Originally posted by SPARX:
  Look for them in mid October.They are doing a show at southgate house (Newport KY right across the river from Cinncinnatti) on the 14th.That's always a blowout as it's close to home for them and alot of  fans  stay at the motel right across the street(Bob and Co. have been known to show up to hoist a few  as well),assuring a post show bash of massive proportions.So,anybody needing their GBV fix this summer,I'd reccommend that one for sure.
Well I will be seeing them in Philly, and out of town in October until the 13th, hopefully it is after that. [/b]
You could go to Chicago next weekend for the Goose Island Fest.  Here's the Friday night line-up:

7:45 - Bob Mould
 9:15 - Guided By Voices
 10:45 - Sonic Youth

jadetree

« Reply #226 on: August 06, 2003, 05:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  You could go to Chicago next weekend for the Goose Island Fest.  Here's the Friday night line-up:

7:45 - Bob Mould
 9:15 - Guided By Voices
 10:45 - Sonic Youth
Rather go to:

8/24: Sunset Junction, LA - Silverlake Street Fair
            (w/Brian Jonestown Massacre, Guided by Voices, the Tyde, Dandy Warhols, etc.) - main stage, 6:45

SPARX

« Reply #227 on: August 06, 2003, 06:01:00 pm »

Rather go to:

8/24: Sunset Junction, LA - Silverlake Street Fair
            (w/Brian Jonestown Massacre, Guided by Voices, the Tyde, Dandy Warhols, etc.) - main stage, 6:45 [/QB][/QUOTE]                                                                                            Considered that one myself,that's going to be a helluva good time.Why can't the east coast pull these things off?They seem to be having stellar linups on a regular basis out west these days.

Jaguär

« Reply #228 on: August 06, 2003, 06:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

How on Earth did Kings of Leon get a headlining show at 9:30?
Does anyone have an opinion of the 22-20's? [/b]
Great band!

A British Garage Rock band that sound like they are straight out of Detroit.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #229 on: August 06, 2003, 06:05:00 pm »
Well, I've seen Kings of Leon (opened for The Coral) and was not into their sound at all. But I've been wanting to see 22-20's for a while, so I guess I will go to the show... I cannot understand the Kings of Leon hype.

SPARX

« Reply #230 on: August 06, 2003, 06:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:
 [
 A British Garage Rock band that sound like they are straight out of Detroit. [/QB]
Speaking of Detroit,i just got around to getting Outrageous Cherry's back catalog.Not a weak release in the bunch.anybody else dig these guys?

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #231 on: August 07, 2003, 08:16:00 am »
  How on Earth did Kings of Leon get a headlining show at 9:30?
they didn't want a lot of money, so we could make the tickets $10, so I figured for a 3 band bill everyone would love me. it's all about me, you know.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #232 on: August 07, 2003, 09:50:00 am »
Originally posted by SPARX:
  Speaking of Detroit,i just got around to getting Outrageous Cherry's back catalog.Not a weak release in the bunch.anybody else dig these guys?
i've only heard "out there in the dark" and quite enjoy it.  you might also look into finding The Volebeats another Detroit band Matt Smith is in.  They lean a bit towards the Alt Country side, but were doing it long before it was chic.
T.Rex

Venerable Bede

« Reply #233 on: August 07, 2003, 09:56:00 am »
peaches will be in d.c. on october 1 at Five Club. . .where in the hell is five club?
OU812

paige

« Reply #234 on: August 07, 2003, 10:01:00 am »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  peaches will be in d.c. on october 1 at Five Club. . .where in the hell is five club?
they have electrotease there, if i am not mistaken the website is Electrotease.com

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #235 on: August 07, 2003, 10:09:00 am »
1214 B 18th St.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #236 on: August 07, 2003, 10:09:00 am »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:
  Well, I've seen Kings of Leon (opened for The Coral) and was not into their sound at all. But I've been wanting to see 22-20's for a while, so I guess I will go to the show... I cannot understand the Kings of Leon hype.
yeah i thought they were better in almost famous, i guess jason lee is not in the band anymore.
T.Rex

thirsty moore

« Reply #237 on: August 07, 2003, 10:09:00 am »
Dupont.  South of the circle near 18th St. Lounge, Sesto Senso, etc.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #238 on: August 07, 2003, 10:10:00 am »
Originally posted by JoyMonster:

1214 B 18th St. [/b]
grazie paige and joymonster!
OU812

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #239 on: August 07, 2003, 10:18:00 am »
According to the Mission Media newsletter, Peaches will also be at The Ottobar. No date was given, however.