Author Topic: No Death Cab Thread?  (Read 10464 times)

jude376

No Death Cab Thread?
« on: April 11, 2006, 01:03:00 pm »
Am I missing something?

Anyway, I've never been to Constipation Hall. Set times indicate the show will prolly be over well before midnight - when the metro turns back into a pumpkin.

What do folks recommned? Worth driving?

Re: No Death Cab Thread?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 01:05:00 pm »
Well there's one decent to good band on the bill, and it's not Death Cab.

jude376

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 01:07:00 pm »
Surely you jest.

vassego

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 01:09:00 pm »
Parking is pretty bad, but the metro is not near DAR either.  You should probably just drive and try and get there early.

jude376

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 01:10:00 pm »
Blech. I was afraid of that. Thanks for the advice.

vassego

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 01:15:00 pm »
No problem. Have a good time.

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 01:20:00 pm »
No, it took me awhile to appreciate them, but now I do think that Franz Ferdinand is about the best thing that those folks across the big pond have to offer.

Originally posted by jude376:
  Surely you jest.

jude376

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 01:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakajima, Fired by Mascis:
  No, it took me awhile to appreciate them, but now I do think that Franz Ferdinand is about the best thing that those folks across the big pond have to offer.

Surely you jest.
[/b]
I liked a few songs off their first album...their second album I haven't really given much of a listen. We'll see if they win me over tonight.

But my heart still belongs to Benny G.  ;)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 01:33:00 pm »
I'm there for FF all the way... Call me old fashioned but I happen to like Verse Chorus Verse songwriting and very few of DFCF songs really grab my interest, they are nice sonic wallpaper...
T.Rex

jude376

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 02:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  I'm there for FF all the way... Call me old fashioned but I happen to like Verse Chorus Verse songwriting and very few of DFCF songs really grab my interest, they are nice sonic wallpaper...
Sonic wallpaper. That'd be a fabulous album title.

For me, the Death Cab appeal is more about the lyrics and the "sound." (Although I think you'd find Plans a little more to your liking in the song structure department.)

alex

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2006, 02:28:00 pm »
Deathcab is a snoozefest.

Sage 703

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2006, 02:32:00 pm »

Sonic wallpaper. That'd be a fabulous album title.

For me, the Death Cab appeal is more about the lyrics and the "sound." (Although I think you'd find Plans a little more to your liking in the song structure department.) [/b]
I think tonight will be the....tenth or eleventh time I've seen Death Cab.  I disagree that they're a snoozefest, or even nice sonic wallpaper.  It certainly doesn't RAWK, and it isn't pop music really...I just think they write really well thought out songs.  

I have long loved their records and enjoy what they do.  Lyrics are important, and I think Walla is an outstanding engineer and an extremely tasteful guitar player.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2006, 02:40:00 pm »
i never said DFCF were a snoozefest they for me fade into the background.. i like HOOKS DAMMIT!!! but this argument has become boring      :p
T.Rex

Sage 703

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2006, 03:15:00 pm »
  i never said DFCF were a snoozefest they for me fade into the background.. i like HOOKS DAMMIT!!! but this argument has become boring       :p  
Yes yes, Alex said snoozefest.  Apologies.

Hooks!  You'd like some of the stuff on Plans for sure - "Your Heart is an Empty Room" is a great song with a solid hook to it.  In general, its an album with more hooks; Transatlanticism has a fair amount too.

jude376

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2006, 03:22:00 pm »
Transatlanticism is one of my favorite Death Cab albums. Ever.

Thanks for chiming in callat703! I was beginning to think I was the last, lonely Death Cab fan out there.  :)