Author Topic: question for anyone willing to admit seeing Fall Out Boy  (Read 3131 times)

tmalicia

question for anyone willing to admit seeing Fall Out Boy
« on: May 05, 2006, 02:32:00 am »
I didn't get a view from the lawn..did they use *every* screen to project crap, or were at least a couple of them devoted to the performance so people could actually see them?

I was also up front for AAR and HH and was too close to even see the screens...did either of them use the  screens to benefit people farther back, like usual at Merriweather?

Guiny

Re: question for anyone willing to admit seeing Fall Out Boy
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 08:39:00 am »
I turned down two free tickets at about 4 p.m.

sonickteam2

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 08:44:00 am »
none of the performances were shown on the big screens at all.

tmalicia

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 11:57:00 am »
ha ha, maybe they were trying to keep their fans under the illusion that they don't suck

Shadrach

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 12:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by tmalicia:
  ha ha, maybe they were trying to keep their fans under the illusion that they don't suck
Had to know the venom was gonna come sooner or later.

I took my girlfriends 14 year old nephew and his friend to the show last night and I will say that it may have been the loudest crowd I've ever been around. I don't really care for their music, but the kids LOVE them and they really know how to work the crowd.

sonickteam2

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 12:31:00 pm »
i dont know. how hard it is to work 14 year olds.

tmalicia

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 12:34:00 pm »
It was ridiculously loud. Considering FOB's demographic, the onstage swearing and "leak" of that guy's johnson were nice touches.  :)

Whatever. The kids do like 'em, which is why all the bands sounded exactly the same.

thingsfallapart

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 02:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:
  I turned down two free tickets at about 4 p.m.
Word.

ggw

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 11:17:00 am »
Enraged Mother Calls Fall Out Boy Concert 'Liberal Homosexual Rally'
 LAUNCH Radio Networks
 Mon May 8, 11:00 AM ET

An angry parent has written an email to Fall Out Boy's label, Island Def Jam Records, after taking her daughters to see the band last Tuesday (May 2) in Charlotte, North Carolina. The woman wrote that she was enraged by bassist Pete Wentz's "personal political testimony" onstage, complaining that "the ticket said 'all ages,' and your band was very foul-mouthed and anti-morals. Charlotte is not the demoralized city that liberal San Francisco and other cities across the North and West are...this was a concert, not some liberal homosexual rally."

The woman promised to contact national news organizations and other venues where Fall Out Boy would be playing, claiming that the band would lose "a lot of financial support" as a result. She concluded, "Your responsibility was to sing your songs. When you opened your mouth to talk, you blew it...By the way, my children will not be a part of your sick idea of family."

Wentz posted the letter at Fall Out Boy's website, along with his own response. The bassist wrote, "The only thing I said in Charlotte was, 'You can leave this show and say, â??I think this guy is an arrogant jerk,â?? or think, â??This band is better than this one,â?? because these are your opinions. The only thing we consider unacceptable is for you to engage in sexist, racist or homophobic behavior. If you do, we don't want you as a fan.'"

Wentz did offer an apology for any profanity he might have used, but did not change his stance, adding, "I encourage fans of our band to grow up to become good people and to change the world. Unfortunately, I don't believe that treating other people as inhuman is acceptable. (Our show) is not a liberal homosexual rally, but at the same time, it will never be a Ku Klux Klan rally."

sonickteam2

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 11:31:00 am »
i thought it was a Shitty Music rally, actually.

or the Wilde Lake High School Prom.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 11:36:00 am »
It's a good think she's never heard of Billy Bragg then huh...
T.Rex

ggw

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 11:42:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  It's a good think she's never heard of Billy Bragg then huh...
or Pansy Divison.

sonickteam2

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 11:52:00 am »
gotta love touring in those red states!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 11:56:00 am »
I'll bet she would think nothing of any country artist doing a little opinionating..
T.Rex

bearman🐻

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2006, 12:16:00 pm »
More parents should take their kids to shows...even if it is crap like Fall Out Boy. Maybe they should be the Fall OUT Boys? But then again, I'd rather have all the guys in Slayer come out of the closet. God, that would be so cool.

Does anyone think that there's homophobia in rock'n'roll? I'd be curious to hear what you think. I've heard people say things like Natalie Merchant and Michael Stipe's biggest mistake was coming out of the closet. Do Judas Priest fans care about Rob Halford?