Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2593366 times)

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #6900 on: March 27, 2020, 03:52:07 pm »
Page and Paul Rogers

Radioactive is awesome
I love satisfaction guaranteed too

I didn't realize paul's history until today with Free and Bad Company.
Singing these classics "All Right Now" "Feel Like Makin' Love", "Can't Get Enough", "Shooting Star", "Bad Company" "Rock 'n' Roll Fantasy"
slack

hutch

« Reply #6901 on: March 27, 2020, 03:56:18 pm »
Geezus dude you got to get out more

Paul is really one of the top voices in classic rock

The stuff with Free is so good...their guitarist Kosoff is the man

Of course Zep liked Paul so much they signed Bad Co to their label Swan Song

I frickin live Paul..a big regret not seeing him but he didn’t make it easy and now he passed the decrepitude line so I cannot see him...thanks Paul

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #6902 on: March 27, 2020, 04:11:01 pm »
Saw the Firm at the Cap Center in...84?

Was....ok. Paul can sing but his style is water to Page’s oil. Or vinegar. Whatever.

rich_WDC

« Reply #6903 on: March 27, 2020, 04:39:44 pm »

Paul is really one of the top voices in classic rock

The  first show I saw when MCI Center was renamed Verizon Center was Paul+QUEEN.   Very different than the Adam Lambert run  but killer vocals

hutch

« Reply #6904 on: March 28, 2020, 11:25:15 am »
I wanted to go to that Queen + show....

Anyhow death must go on

Former senator Tom Coburn

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #6905 on: March 29, 2020, 10:25:18 am »
😐 🎶

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #6906 on: March 29, 2020, 04:12:24 pm »
😐 🎶

hutch

« Reply #6907 on: March 29, 2020, 05:11:33 pm »
^covid19d

Space Freely

« Reply #6908 on: March 29, 2020, 05:32:34 pm »
Joe Diffie

My dad was a fan of mainstream country when i was growing up and until his death in the 90's. I was grown and moved away by the time Joe Diffie hit it big. My mom always referred to him as "Joe Dippie." I could never tell if she was being funny or being dim, but it pissed my dad off to no end.

I just told my wife that Joe Diffie died, and she got pissed that I would expect her to know who that was (I actually didn't expect her to, I just mentioned his passing without explaining who he was.) They say you marry your mom, but sometime i feel like i married my dad.

Anyway, RIP, Pickup Man.

vansmack

« Reply #6909 on: March 29, 2020, 09:26:51 pm »
I hope they prop him up beside the jukebox.....
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6910 on: March 29, 2020, 09:45:55 pm »
I just told my wife that Joe Diffie died, and she got pissed that I would expect her to know who that was (I actually didn't expect her to, I just mentioned his passing without explaining who he was.) They say you marry your mom, but sometime i feel like i married my dad.
All joking aside, good Lord, the cringe on some of these. Do you two even like each other anymore? I literally feel like I’m watching a marriage disintegrate. Is this how all marriages are? Is this what I have to look forward to in two decades? Jesus.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6911 on: March 29, 2020, 09:53:19 pm »

vansmack

« Reply #6912 on: March 29, 2020, 11:59:37 pm »
Lou “L.A.” Kouvaris, original guitarist with Riot, died at the age of 66, the band confirmed.

Read More: Riot Guitarist Lou ‘L.A.’ Kouvaris Dead at 66 | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/lou-kouvaris-riot-dead/

Covid-19 like symptoms, not confirmed.
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #6913 on: March 30, 2020, 08:07:41 am »
All joking aside, good Lord, the cringe on some of these. Do you two even like each other anymore? I literally feel like I’m watching a marriage disintegrate. Is this how all marriages are? Is this what I have to look forward to in two decades? Jesus.

Will your wife be hitting perimenopause in two decades?

hutch

« Reply #6914 on: March 30, 2020, 08:36:58 am »
Ken Shimura

Japanese comedian started as member of Japanese sketch comedy troupe The Drifters

I used to watch the Drifters in the early 80s when living in Japan..even not understanding Japanese that much it was hilarious...probably most of my exposure to Japanese language and even life came through tv: Japanese cartoons, Japanese baseball (Hanshin Tigers) and the Drifters

Covid19’d