Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2590929 times)

hutch

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #6915 on: March 30, 2020, 09:01:17 am »
Alan Merrill
Writer of I love rock n roll

Covid19d

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6916 on: March 30, 2020, 09:24:47 am »
Will your wife be hitting perimenopause in two decades?
Probably closer to one decade, if I had to guess.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #6917 on: March 30, 2020, 09:37:59 am »

I apologize for dumping my personal issues on you guys, my internet acquaintances, some of whom I've met and some whom I haven't, at an increasing rate. It seems that in the past few years, most of my real life, local friends have either moved far away, retreated into family life, and in the case of my best friend and confidante, been shot to death. And being a bit of a social misfit and hermit whose first inclination is to spend time with family rather than mingle sociallt, real life friends and confidantes haven't been replaced so easily and readily.

So you lot have been serving as my surrogate friends and therapists. Feel free to unload on me whenever you'd like.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6918 on: March 30, 2020, 09:43:32 am »

I apologize for dumping my personal issues on you guys, my internet acquaintances, some of whom I've met and some whom I haven't, at an increasing rate. It seems that in the past few years, most of my real life, local friends have either moved far away, retreated into family life, and in the case of my best friend and confidante, been shot to death. And being a bit of a social misfit and hermit whose first inclination is to spend time with family rather than mingle sociallt, real life friends and confidantes haven't been replaced so easily and readily.

So you lot have been serving as my surrogate friends and therapists. Feel free to unload on me whenever you'd like.

I think we should get a poker game together or something.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6919 on: March 30, 2020, 09:49:35 am »

I definitely am not ragging on you for sharing, at all. Everyone needs an outlet. I'm just concerned as a person who has never met you and likely never will (unless you make a beer run to RVA sans the family).
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #6920 on: March 30, 2020, 09:55:10 am »
Amazing how little Joan Jett added to this...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8AT_Pbtyid0

Space Freely

« Reply #6921 on: March 30, 2020, 10:06:09 am »

I definitely am not ragging on you for sharing, at all. Everyone needs an outlet. I'm just concerned as a person who has never met you and likely never will (unless you make a beer run to RVA sans the family).

Thanks for the concern! I'll make a point to reach out to you the next time the world allows me to be in Richmond, or if you (or any other boardies) are going to a show that I am. When we have shows again, sigh.

« Reply #6922 on: March 30, 2020, 10:06:42 am »
Amazing how little Joan Jett added to this...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8AT_Pbtyid0
agreed, was shocked when I heard the original 30 years after hearing the JJ one
was kinda right place/right time for JJ.
She has a number of great covers
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6923 on: March 30, 2020, 11:07:17 am »
Maryland, outdoors.

dyecraig

« Reply #6924 on: March 31, 2020, 07:05:49 pm »
Wallace Roney, jazz trumpeter.

Beautiful player.

Space Freely

« Reply #6925 on: March 31, 2020, 07:43:45 pm »
Wallace Roney, jazz trumpeter.

Beautiful player.

COVID-19

At this point it might be easier to identify people dying on non-COVID causes.

hutch

« Reply #6926 on: March 31, 2020, 07:48:14 pm »
Only 59

hutch

« Reply #6927 on: March 31, 2020, 07:54:11 pm »
The dude from Fountains of Wayne is only 52

Space Freely

« Reply #6928 on: March 31, 2020, 08:29:19 pm »

dyecraig