Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2593240 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #7485 on: December 01, 2020, 08:10:42 pm »
Ok I mistyped

Even better.. good for transgendered people! Nothing against anybody

Unlike you who is a judgmental prick who can’t resist coming down on people cause they don’t get the lingo

I learned alot from my transgendered son.

hutch

« Reply #7486 on: December 01, 2020, 08:15:27 pm »
Ok I mistyped

Unlike you who is a judgmental prick who can’t resist coming down on people cause they don’t get the lingo

And I learned a lot from my autistic child but I don’t walk around assuming everyone else did...and if they say they don’t understand something I don’t assume they mean it in a bad way..

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #7487 on: December 01, 2020, 08:18:29 pm »
Well, that escalated quickly.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #7488 on: December 01, 2020, 08:21:30 pm »
Ok I mistyped

And I learned a lot from my autistic child but I don’t walk around assuming everyone else did...and if they say they don’t understand something I don’t assume they mean it in a bad way..

I'll make sure not to say stupid shit about autistic kids then.

hutch

« Reply #7489 on: December 01, 2020, 08:24:44 pm »
I mean WTF all I wrote was I don’t get the pronouns next thing you know I am being told off..the Sweetcell compares it to people not understanding how a man loves a man

Hey asshat I had a gay roommate when I was 19 in college and it was a pretty helluva conservative place

I just don’t get the rationale for the pronouns

Since nobody here will help I will do some research on it myself

Thanks for your judgment

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #7490 on: December 01, 2020, 08:27:36 pm »

Hey asshat I had a gay roommate when I was 19 in college and it was a pretty helluva conservative place

LOL The modern day equivalent of "Some of my best friends are black"

hutch

« Reply #7491 on: December 01, 2020, 08:27:58 pm »
Ok I mistyped

I'll make sure not to say stupid shit about autistic kids then.

I didn’t say anything stupid

And people say stupid shit about autistic kids to me all the time but I don’t react the way you do

hutch

« Reply #7492 on: December 01, 2020, 08:35:04 pm »

LOL The modern day equivalent of "Some of my best friends are black"

that wasn’t directed at you but feel free to jump in!

« Reply #7493 on: December 01, 2020, 08:37:06 pm »
Well, that escalated quickly.
I know.... who died?
slack

hutch

« Reply #7494 on: December 01, 2020, 08:39:43 pm »
As usual I will blame Space Freely

« Reply #7495 on: December 01, 2020, 10:36:15 pm »
As usual I will blame Space Freely
After julie, my go to
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #7496 on: December 01, 2020, 11:16:11 pm »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #7497 on: December 01, 2020, 11:18:45 pm »
I have it on good authority that ze did!

WALKonBack

« Reply #7498 on: December 01, 2020, 11:45:36 pm »
My hands are down my / mine pants, as I read all of this.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7499 on: December 02, 2020, 03:47:26 am »
I mean WTF all I wrote was I don’t get the pronouns next thing you know I am being told off..the Sweetcell compares it to people not understanding how a man loves a man
clearly you took this the wrong way, and in your shock you may not have noticed my use of "the modern-day equivalent."  back in the day - like 60's and 70's - many folks weren't anti-gay but couldn't wrap their heads around homosexual relationships.  they would get hung up on all sorts of minutia ("which one is the girl?") instead of focusing on the real issue: equality, acceptance, etc.

i see a direct parallel with folks who can't get past the grammatical implications of transgenderism.  he/she/they isn't the issue, and it's a strange thing (to me) to get hung up on vs. issues of equality, acceptance, etc.

I just don’t get the rationale for the pronouns

i could give you an explanation - about self-reference and personal identity, about non-binary spectrum, about giving requested freedom to the oppressed, etc. - but i'd be concerned that you'd still stuck on the fact that until now, "they" referred to plural. 

TL;DR: english is a continuously evolving language and doesn't have a neutral pronoun that we need for folks who don't identify as "he" or "she" so we borrowed "they".  the end.
<sig>