Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2548539 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #900 on: June 25, 2009, 10:56:10 pm »
I'll be the first to admit that I did not recognize the name.  When I looked it up it caught me way off guard.
FUKIT

« Reply #901 on: June 26, 2009, 08:07:14 am »

Apparently, we're only allowed to discuss #2 and maybe #3 at the 9:30 board watercooler.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 09:13:47 am by kosmo vinyl »

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #902 on: June 26, 2009, 09:17:35 am »
Just because someone else blogs it, doesn't mean that it needs to be reposted here.  While this board often operates in the gray area, this is one of those times when being distasteful isn't called for.  There are plenty of other outlets for that type of behavior.  Plus, I've already had to deleted an undignified comment about Farrah Fawcett from this thread....
T.Rex

sonickteam2

« Reply #903 on: June 26, 2009, 09:25:11 am »
  i think that anyone who feels the need to post some insensitive remark about someone whos just died, is a complete and total loser who is simply crying out for some sort of attention or approval that they are not getting in real life.

If your internet persona is cooler than your real persona, you have a real problem.

in other news. my trash men were blaring MJ this morning as they picked up the trash.  I expect a full barage of classics this weekend when i'm at the club.

« Reply #904 on: June 26, 2009, 09:28:18 am »
I understand the desire to keep things tasteful here.

However, it seems a bit freakish to delete any (even tasteful) mention that Michael Jackson was an alleged child rapist who by his own admission routinely shared his bed with 13 year old boys, and instead only celebrate his pop culture accomplishments.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 09:30:00 am by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer »

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #905 on: June 26, 2009, 09:31:12 am »

However, it seems a bit freakish to delete any (even tasteful) mention that Michael Jackson was an alleged child rapist who by his own admission routinely shared his bed with 13 year old boys, and instead only celebrate his pop culture accomplishments.

I'm sorry but I felt NONE of your comments were tasteful, so how about just dropping it OK.
T.Rex

walkonby

« Reply #906 on: June 26, 2009, 09:32:23 am »
  i think that anyone who feels the need to post some insensitive remark about someone whos just died, is a complete and total loser who is simply crying out for some sort of attention or approval that they are not getting in real life.

If your internet persona is cooler than your real persona, you have a real problem.

in other news. my trash men were blaring MJ this morning as they picked up the trash.  I expect a full barage of classics this weekend when i'm at the club.

you're such a hero to our species . . . i think i'll go write an epic poem about you.  i'll call it one thing for now, and then change its name every other week to something "cooler" than the last.

walkonby

« Reply #907 on: June 26, 2009, 09:35:56 am »
I'm more sad about Sky Saxon than any of these.  But 99.9% of the world doesn't know who he is and without google most of this board probably wouldn't either.

WTF....the Michael Jackson thread got locked.  I imagine that thread went right where you'd expect it to go.  Not my week.  I've started two threads....the first was deleted in about 2 minutes and the next gets locked.

You're pushing too hard, pushing too hard on me

and i apologize on both counts for the deleted thread and the locked michael jackson thread.  both were my fault, i do believe.  chaz and i know why the first one was deleted, and my silly (and yes tasteless) pictures posted of perhaps people that michael propositioned, set the clamp down super fast.

« Reply #908 on: June 26, 2009, 09:37:23 am »
What was distasteful about the article I copied and pasted from dailykos.com?

I'm sorry but I felt NONE of your comments were tasteful, so how about just dropping it OK.

sonickteam2

« Reply #909 on: June 26, 2009, 09:38:29 am »

you're such a hero to our species . . . i think i'll go write an epic poem about you.  i'll call it one thing for now, and then change its name every other week to something "cooler" than the last.

i definitely don't see you doing anything remotely as productive as writing a poem. but if you feel so inclined, go right ahead.  a poetry thread on this board would definitely add character and diversity.

evilizac

« Reply #910 on: June 26, 2009, 10:53:19 am »
As a huge Michael Jackson fan as a child (and a person who was late to work this morning due to the need to learn the bass line to I want you back) I'd still like to make a few mildly tasteless jokes to boost my own morale...

#1. At least he'll be reunited with all of his better, younger more tasteful noses...

#2. Where is Weird Al's tasteful insights on the passing

and #3 looks like the end of Rockwell's comeback dream... won't someone please think of Rockwell...

as I read them I realize... not that funny... but it's done.

the hell with whatever else people may say there was a point in time when Michael Jackson was definitely the shit.
WHAT?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #911 on: June 26, 2009, 12:12:47 pm »
In 10, 9, 8, 7, 6.....

sonickteam2

« Reply #912 on: June 26, 2009, 12:13:56 pm »
not to be dramatic.

but between walkonby and charlie and the inabilities of the moderators to care about tasteless trolls.

i am off this messageboard. proceed with your ignorance and feel free to make jokes about me, cause i wont hear them

some of you really need to rethink your values.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #913 on: June 26, 2009, 12:30:15 pm »
drama
o/\o

walkonby

« Reply #914 on: June 26, 2009, 01:04:30 pm »
not to be dramatic.

but between walkonby and charlie and the inabilities of the moderators to care about tasteless trolls.

i am off this messageboard. proceed with your ignorance and feel free to make jokes about me, cause i wont hear them

some of you really need to rethink your values.