Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2548488 times)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #915 on: June 28, 2009, 10:46:14 am »
I'm more sad about Sky Saxon than any of these.  But 99.9% of the world doesn't know who he is and without google most of this board probably wouldn't either.

WTF....the Michael Jackson thread got locked.  I imagine that thread went right where you'd expect it to go.  Not my week.  I've started two threads....the first was deleted in about 2 minutes and the next gets locked.

You're pushing too hard, pushing too hard on me

I'm fully with you Chaz on this one. Was a real sad moment when I heard about Sky. He was really making a nice come back to those in the know in the realm of the new Psychedelia. Very sad. Guess it's time to re-upload "Pushing Too Hard" back on Air Atlantic Underground. Had taken it down to give it a breather.

Don't think this was mentioned here yet. Another sad musical moment for me, especially since I have always had a love of good electric guitar playing. Was fortunate enough to see and meet this band several times. Truly a very nice and completely down to earth group of guys who could kick ass on stage.

The Ventures? Bob Bogle Dies

distance

« Reply #916 on: June 28, 2009, 12:26:00 pm »
apparently billy mays?

it seems like a really bad time to be a 50 year old these days.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #917 on: June 28, 2009, 01:53:25 pm »
apparently billy mays?

BILLY MAYS!!!
😐 🎶

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #918 on: June 28, 2009, 02:07:26 pm »
Did his heart go Ka-Boom?

Shamwow Vince is now our greatest living TV pitchman. (And anyone who throws up that lame-ass Ron Popiel in disagreement is going to get a tongue lashing!)

walkonby

« Reply #919 on: June 28, 2009, 02:45:16 pm »
off topic (but there is a lot of death in it) and i didn't want to start a new thread just based on this.  i  just watched what had to be the most disturbing, yet probably prophetic, and brilliant films i have seen in a long long time.  children of men.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 02:52:17 pm by walkonby »

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #920 on: June 28, 2009, 05:04:20 pm »
off topic (but there is a lot of death in it) and i didn't want to start a new thread just based on this.  i  just watched what had to be the most disturbing, yet probably prophetic, and brilliant films i have seen in a long long time.  children of men.
You know, everyone seems to love that film but thought it was just ok.  Maybe I'll have to revisit.

If you want to see a great movie, check out "Let the Right One In".  It's a Swedish vampire flick, but unlike any vampire/horror movie I have ever seen.  Actually unlike any move I have ever seen period.  You yourself a favor and check it ouy.

PS - Be sure to turn on subtitles.  The english dub (as any dub usually is) is horrible and I'm pretty sure the DVD defaults to the dubbed soundtrack.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #921 on: June 28, 2009, 05:41:18 pm »

What's interesting about this movie is Michael Caine plays his character as futuristic elderly John Lennon
T.Rex

walkonby

« Reply #922 on: June 28, 2009, 05:58:13 pm »

What's interesting about this movie is Michael Caine plays his character as futuristic elderly John Lennon

cough . . . do you taste strawberries?   ;D

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
😐 🎶

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #924 on: June 29, 2009, 06:42:39 pm »
apparently billy mays?

BILLY MAYS!!!

His death removes on name from my list of folks to take out when I go nuts, climb a bell tower in Texas, and start shooting people.  This guy had to be the most annoying human on the planet.
FUKIT

eros

« Reply #925 on: June 29, 2009, 08:07:56 pm »
apparently billy mays?

BILLY MAYS!!!

Not mine, but I LOLed...

"They say celebs die in threes. Leave it to Billy Mays to throw in an extra COMPLETELY FREE!"
ʎɐʍou

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #926 on: June 30, 2009, 11:19:32 am »
apparently billy mays?

BILLY MAYS!!!

Not mine, but I LOLed...

"They say celebs die in threes. Leave it to Billy Mays to throw in an extra COMPLETELY FREE!"

BIlly was number 5 if not higher. 
FUKIT

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #927 on: July 01, 2009, 03:59:04 pm »
😐 🎶

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #928 on: July 04, 2009, 05:35:00 pm »
Steve McNair - Rest In Peace

distance

« Reply #929 on: July 04, 2009, 06:34:25 pm »
glad i'm not famous.  if i keep a low profile, does that mean i'll be immortal?