Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2601175 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #1560 on: August 25, 2011, 08:30:38 pm »
Yes, since he simply asked for customers to make the effort to learn the language of the country they made a living in, he was worse than Hitler. 

did you even read the article?  it highlights how the "must order in English" sign was one small symptom of his bigotry.  it also pointed out the irony of this grandson of immigrants (who never mastered english themselves) and an italian (a group that has known more than it's share of discrimination) would go out of his way to beat down another immigrant group.

but thanks for bringing hitler into this.

p.s. south philly doesn't need ethnic cleansing - a good shower would do.

Yes.  I did read the article.  I'm not getting into this.  I know the facts.  I'm not some hysterical reactionary who tsks-tsks others and acts morally superior to everyone else to cover up obvious inadequacies.  "Beat down."  Yes.  Obviously he was "beating down" another immigrant group.  With bats and hoses and everything.

Have a nice day.

Brian

well, can't argue with that!

no, i literally can't argue with that because you completely avoided the topic and resorted to platitudes.  checking out with a pithy "I know the facts" is worthy of a conspiracy theory nut unable to answer his critics. 

but don't worry, brian, someday you'll come to accept the fact that you defended - if not admired - a racist.
<sig>

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #1561 on: August 26, 2011, 08:21:39 am »
Yes, since he simply asked for customers to make the effort to learn the language of the country they made a living in, he was worse than Hitler. 

did you even read the article?  it highlights how the "must order in English" sign was one small symptom of his bigotry.  it also pointed out the irony of this grandson of immigrants (who never mastered english themselves) and an italian (a group that has known more than it's share of discrimination) would go out of his way to beat down another immigrant group.

but thanks for bringing hitler into this.

p.s. south philly doesn't need ethnic cleansing - a good shower would do.

Yes.  I did read the article.  I'm not getting into this.  I know the facts.  I'm not some hysterical reactionary who tsks-tsks others and acts morally superior to everyone else to cover up obvious inadequacies.  "Beat down."  Yes.  Obviously he was "beating down" another immigrant group.  With bats and hoses and everything.

Have a nice day.

Brian

well, can't argue with that!

no, i literally can't argue with that because you completely avoided the topic and resorted to platitudes.  checking out with a pithy "I know the facts" is worthy of a conspiracy theory nut unable to answer his critics. 

but don't worry, brian, someday you'll come to accept the fact that you defended - if not admired - a racist.

Is this all you have?  Really?  I mean, do you have a life?  Almost, 10,000 posts.  Is this all you do?  Lord over people and try to act superior to them on a message board?  You do have other hobbies, don't you?  It must be awful to realize how alone you really are...

I'm not avoiding the topic.  He ran a business.  He told his customers to please make an effort to learn the language of the country they are living and working in.  That's what he did.  In MY WORLD, those are called facts.  I don't know what they call them in your world.  Did he not do that?  Please correct me if I got any detail of that wrong.  He wasn't a racist.  Maybe in your fanboy/alternative rock-loving/wife-leaving world of yours, he's a racist.  That's awesome!  Have fun in your little, lonely world.  Please, tell us more about your cell phones or world policy or too clever jokes about the DAR hall.  We're all waiting with baited breath.

Brian

hutch

« Reply #1562 on: August 26, 2011, 10:36:44 am »
I'm not an Orioles fan, although I've been to many O's games since about 1995..

Mike Flanagan's death hurts.

wml7

« Reply #1563 on: August 26, 2011, 10:50:13 am »

;D

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #1564 on: August 26, 2011, 11:46:51 am »

I apologize.  I told myself I wouldn't be goaded into this and I was.  I didn't really mean the hurtful things I said.  I am sorry.

Have a nice weekend everyone.  The surfing will be FANTASTIC on Delmarva.

Brian

wml7

« Reply #1565 on: August 26, 2011, 12:07:10 pm »
Are Brian and Walky one in the same?  ;D

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1566 on: August 26, 2011, 12:44:50 pm »
now that would be . . . hot.

Relaxer

« Reply #1567 on: August 26, 2011, 04:47:28 pm »
not dead, just getting his space in this thread all ready

« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 06:44:08 pm by kosmo vinyl »
oword

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1568 on: August 26, 2011, 05:38:20 pm »
you suck relaxer.

can we post pics of your dying relatives next?

wow.

way to go overboard in this thread.

i'm not the same person i ever was.

cancer isn't amusing.

hutch

« Reply #1569 on: August 26, 2011, 05:39:25 pm »
have to agree with walkie on this one..

no reason to post that picture.. and once you see it its pretty disturbing...

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #1570 on: August 28, 2011, 07:02:40 pm »
not dead, just getting his space in this thread all ready

Wait!  Was it Steve Jobs?  I saw a picture of him in a dress this morning.  Morally and creatively he died a long time ago so why is everybody getting so upset?  It's just a matter of time.  He was a pretty awful man.  Megalomaniac.  Terrible father.  Never gave one red cent to charity.  Parked in the handicaped parking spot at Apple.  Made products for complete idiots with no attention spans.  Stole many of "his" "innovations."  Cultivated a shitty cult made up of complete idiots.  I'd hate to be any of you when you wake up with your hangover when you're done playing "Angry Birds" and can't form a coherent sentence anymore or can't remember your mother's birthday.

If it wasn't Steve Jobs, then nevermind.

Brian

« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 08:54:53 pm by Brian_Wallace »

Relaxer

« Reply #1571 on: August 28, 2011, 07:46:41 pm »
I guess Kosmo thinks he needs to protect fragile men like the above posters from the Internet. Jesus Christ.
oword

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1572 on: August 28, 2011, 08:57:52 pm »
it's called class . . . obviously you have none.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #1573 on: August 29, 2011, 08:50:22 am »

Wait a minute!  So in EVERY OTHER thread you can relentlessly make off-color, tasteless comments about peoples' health and situation but in the "Dropping Like Flies" thread it's SACRED?!?!  How DARE you mock ANYONE with CANCER!  Do you REALLY want to go back and look at some of the comments that have been made over the years on this message board?

Jeez.  The hypocrisy of some of you people is amazing.  You can be as mean, ironic and snarky as you want but HOW DARE YOU MAKE FUN OF CANCER!  YOU horrible, HORRIBLE PEOPLE!

Cancer is devastating.  The damage it causes to families is truly sad.  Cancer ISN'T funny.  I mean, it's not like I don't work in oncology.  But come on!  Do you REALLY think Relaxer was mocking and making fun of people with cancer?  REALLY?  He came on this thread and thought: "You know...people fighting cancer...LOL!  FUNNY CATS!"?  No.  He didn't.  Steve Jobs is near death.  Fact.  That is all Relaxer was doing.  Let me mark the date, August 28th.  So, every 28 days we should be prepared for certain persons to be super bitchy and retain water.

When, "Mr. Genius/Our Supreme Leader" does finally kick it, please, PLEASE work "...and one more thing" into the post.  I'm BEGGING YOU!

Now I'm going to go back to being a racist,

Brian

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1574 on: August 29, 2011, 09:14:08 am »
you don't have many real friends . . . do you?