Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2601070 times)

Frank Gallagher

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #1605 on: October 06, 2011, 10:49:31 am »
Steve Jobs had absolutely no impact on my life whatsofuckingever as I never bought any of his gadgets......not out of protest or anything like that, I just don't need anything he invented.

That's not saying he wasn't a genius, he just made techno-toys, not life saving medical devices.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #1606 on: October 06, 2011, 11:00:31 am »
you have a very high opinion of your opinion, and like hearing it, don't you? 

along with classic rock DJs, did steve jobs also touch you when you were a child?

I know you're hurting right now.  Do you want a hug?  Lyndon LaRouche could use some followers.  How about giving him a ring?  Or you know what?  Scientology!  You'd be GREAT there.  You have a lot in common with John Travolta and Tom Cruise.

I think people like you idolized Steve Jobs because you saw an unprincipled, self-centered douchebag who was declared a "genius" and thought, you know, if he can do it, so can I!  Now we're stuck with people like you.  What are you going to do now?  Your entire life is lie.

Brian

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #1607 on: October 06, 2011, 11:07:35 am »

That's not saying he wasn't a genius

HOW WAS HE A GENIUS!?!?!?   He made digital knick-knacks.  He didn't invent ANYTHING.  He was a jerk as a father, son, husband, employer, friend, etc.  To use the "simple is best" design philosophy makes someone a genius?
Oh, I'm sorry.  You're from the North.  "Genius" means something entirely different for you.  To you, Noel Gallagher and Lee Mavers were "geniuses."  I get it, now.

If he's a genius then Kim Kardashian is a super, MEGA-genius.  He was PT Barnum.  Selling crap to idiots.

Brian

bearman🐻

« Reply #1608 on: October 06, 2011, 11:13:58 am »
Look, I'm all for poking fun at the b.s. of celebs, pussy rock stars whose music you hate, etc. And though I didn't know Jobs on a personal level, I think that there are plenty of good things he did for Americans (and the rest of the world). I think he was a great communicator and businessman, he didn't just spend his life on a message board shitting all over stuff. He actually did something worthwhile by spreading the word of products that excited him (and clearly millions of people felt that excitement) and he did help revolutionize how we communicate with our friends and family, listen to music, jerk off on Facetime, or WHATEVER.  His death means that some of us will pause, reflect, and nod in a move of respect how his achievements affected our own lives, directly or indirectly. But when a different person (we all know who) has zero respect for himself, all he does is crap all over the things that other people find worth and value in. Kind of like Fred Phelps. Just ignore the negativity. Not worth it. And this time not funny or necessary. It contributes nothing.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1609 on: October 06, 2011, 11:38:58 am »

HOW WAS HE A GENIUS!?!?!?   He made digital knick-knacks.  He didn't invent ANYTHING.  He was a jerk as a father, son, husband, employer, friend, etc.  To use the "simple is best" design philosophy makes someone a genius?
Oh, I'm sorry.  You're from the North.  "Genius" means something entirely different for you.  To you, Noel Gallagher and Lee Mavers were "geniuses."  I get it, now.

If he's a genius then Kim Kardashian is a super, MEGA-genius.  He was PT Barnum.  Selling crap to idiots.

Brian

hmmmm....dont' think I ever referred to either of those two as genius's....maybe that was the voices in your head again.

Quote from any 930 board member.... " the sky is blue"

Brian _Wallace
"Look , the sky is not fucking blue....anyone who referes to the sky being blue is a fucking reatard who just likes to push their bullshit lies onto the intelligent members of society. sky appears to be blue because molecules in the air scatter blue light from the sun more than they scatter red light.  When we look towards the sun at sunset, we see red and orange colours because the blue light has been scattered out and away from the line of sight.
Don't ram your 'sky is blue' brainwashing bullshit onto me...but then again, you're from the north were you only see grey skies so what the fuck would you know you useless piece of shit"

vansmack

« Reply #1610 on: October 06, 2011, 11:44:47 am »
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1611 on: October 06, 2011, 12:30:58 pm »
i've finally found some people even douchier than walalce:

Westboro Baptist Church uses iPhone to announce protest at Steve Jobs?s funeral
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/under-god/post/westboro-baptist-church-uses-iphone-to-announce-steve-jobs-funeral-protest/2011/10/06/gIQAJqBjPL_blog.html

p.s. brian: i never said Jobs was a genius, either.  but to deny the impact he had on modern culture is as immature and asinine as... oh, wait.  nevermind.
<sig>

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #1612 on: October 06, 2011, 01:04:55 pm »

Brian

hmmmm....dont' think I ever referred to either of those two as genius's....maybe that was the voices in your head again.

Quote from any 930 board member.... " the sky is blue"

Brian _Wallace
"Look , the sky is not fucking blue....anyone who referes to the sky being blue is a fucking reatard who just likes to push their bullshit lies onto the intelligent members of society. sky appears to be blue because molecules in the air scatter blue light from the sun more than they scatter red light.  When we look towards the sun at sunset, we see red and orange colours because the blue light has been scattered out and away from the line of sight.
Don't ram your 'sky is blue' brainwashing bullshit onto me...but then again, you're from the north were you only see grey skies so what the fuck would you know you useless piece of shit"

Well, we all know that Tony McCarroll was the really genius (the Syd Barrett if you will) in Oasis.  Everything they did without him (post-"Some Might Say") sucked hard.  Except that Kinks cover from a couple of years ago.

However, VERY CLEVER how you managed to slyly relate how the last few Wilco albums have really sucked.  Well played, sir.

Brian

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #1613 on: October 06, 2011, 02:37:14 pm »
Apple transformed the way the world uses music devices and computers

it was his company

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1614 on: October 06, 2011, 03:04:19 pm »

it was his company

Not for me....although he did kill the pleasureable experience of browsing the cd store to discover new music by putting most of them out of business with his impersonal iTunes. Some of us don't want to buy everything with the click of a mouse.

lagas

« Reply #1615 on: October 06, 2011, 04:31:03 pm »

it was his company

Not for me....although he did kill the pleasureable experience of browsing the cd store to discover new music by putting most of them out of business with his impersonal iTunes. Some of us don't want to buy everything with the click of a mouse.

Jobs didn't do that, the music file sharing sites (Kazaa) did that, Jobs basically gave the music industry another chance to get their act together in a new world (BTW, the WWW code was written on a mac)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 04:33:45 pm by lagas »
zorra

lagas

« Reply #1616 on: October 06, 2011, 04:44:08 pm »
zorra

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1617 on: October 06, 2011, 04:51:25 pm »

it was his company

Jobs didn't do that, the music file sharing sites (Kazaa) did that, Jobs basically gave the music industry another chance to get their act together in a new world (BTW, the WWW code was written on a mac)

You don't think iTunes played a major role in killing the bricks and mortar music store? File stealing sites are just illegal versions of iTunes aren't they?

ggw

« Reply #1618 on: October 06, 2011, 04:51:28 pm »
He will always be Tucker McElroy to me.

lagas

« Reply #1619 on: October 06, 2011, 04:55:35 pm »

it was his company

You don't think iTunes played a major role in killing the bricks and mortar music store? File stealing sites are just illegal versions of iTunes aren't they?

am saying that the file sharing sites came before iTunes, therefore, iTunes was an answer from the industry, using technology, to turn around their situation, which ultimately they did...Jobs was instrumental to achieve that...but the actual demise of your music store came because of Kazaa et al....
zorra