Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2600266 times)

shemptiness

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #2040 on: January 17, 2013, 10:01:13 am »

Relaxer

« Reply #2041 on: January 17, 2013, 10:14:56 am »
Society
oword

shemptiness

« Reply #2042 on: January 17, 2013, 10:27:59 am »
I dunno.  It was a hoax that went too far.  The fake death aspect was picked up by the media (Sports Illustrated, espn) and gas was thrown on the fire.  Now whether Te'o was involved and used it as motivation remains to be seen.
Still waiting on the facts.....   
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 11:08:20 am by Shemp »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2043 on: January 17, 2013, 10:30:37 am »
i just heard all about this in the press, but was too lazy to read past the headlines.  how awful of me.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #2044 on: January 17, 2013, 10:33:53 am »
Dead: the tragic story behind Manti Teo's dead girlfriend.

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax

Wow so now if a tragedy isn't there to take advantage of we just make them up...

But who is 'we'?

According to what I have read the football player was the primary part of 'we' in this case, but in general the 'we' is people who have no legitimate point or support for their agenda and need non-relevant outside events to push the snake oil they are selling, quite often to the masses who follow along so obediently.
FUKIT

shemptiness

« Reply #2045 on: January 17, 2013, 10:51:34 am »
i just heard all about this in the press, but was too lazy to read past the headlines.  how awful of me.

One theory is he created a fake girlfriend to hide his homosexuality. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2046 on: January 17, 2013, 11:27:40 am »
ok . . . i'm in.

bellenseb

« Reply #2047 on: January 17, 2013, 11:34:07 am »
Conrad Bain ("Mr. Drummond")

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #2048 on: January 17, 2013, 11:51:13 am »
FUKIT

atomicfront

« Reply #2049 on: January 17, 2013, 12:21:54 pm »
I dunno.  It was a hoax that went too far.  The fake death aspect was picked up by the media (Sports Illustrated, espn) and gas was thrown on the fire.  Now whether Te'o was involved and used it as motivation remains to be seen.
Still waiting on the facts.....   

just reading this why would have anyone fallen for the hoax. If you have a real girlfriend you don't skip her funeral to play a college football game.  And if he wasn't involved in the hoax why would he have said he had a girlfriend if the person tweeting him was a dude.  I am sure he never met "her" and was tricked.  the whole thing is pathetic.  and why anyone was thinking this was a great story when it was real has serious issues.  College football is not important.  You relationships with people in your life were important.

A real good story would have been if he quit football to take care of his girlfriend.  Not playing footbally and ignoring a dying girlfriend. 

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2050 on: January 17, 2013, 12:38:31 pm »

atomicfront

« Reply #2051 on: January 17, 2013, 03:32:35 pm »
this story is just incomprehensible...read this from october.  my mind is blown.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/manti-teo-notre-dame-comforts-parents-of-dying-girl-with-letter-grief-cancer-102512

I never heard of the guy before today but what is incomprehensible to me is that someone couldn't read about this story and know he is full of shit.  No one would skip their girlfriends funeral to play a football game.  And for someone who did such a thing people should not celebrate him.  What the heck is wrong with people who watch college football. They support rapists, child molestors etc. just so they can win a game.   They actually think it is heroic that a guy skipped a funeral so he could play a stupid game.   

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #2052 on: January 17, 2013, 03:36:31 pm »
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 03:39:14 pm by RatBastard »
FUKIT

Yada

« Reply #2053 on: January 17, 2013, 04:00:37 pm »
this story is just incomprehensible...read this from october.  my mind is blown.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/manti-teo-notre-dame-comforts-parents-of-dying-girl-with-letter-grief-cancer-102512

I never heard of the guy before today but what is incomprehensible to me is that someone couldn't read about this story and know he is full of shit.  No one would skip their girlfriends funeral to play a football game.  And for someone who did such a thing people should not celebrate him.  What the heck is wrong with people who watch college football. They support rapists, child molestors etc. just so they can win a game.   They actually think it is heroic that a guy skipped a funeral so he could play a stupid game.   

trolls gonna troll

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2054 on: January 17, 2013, 04:15:20 pm »

Are you waging an imaginary war against an invisible enemy?  Chill out.  We're all here to support you.