Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2601409 times)

James Ford

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #2085 on: February 14, 2013, 09:35:09 am »
Oscar Pistolrius' girlfriend, and his fake running career.

hutch

« Reply #2086 on: February 14, 2013, 12:04:50 pm »
I thought Pistorius' life needed to be made into a movie...now this? unreal story..

atomicfront

« Reply #2087 on: February 14, 2013, 03:55:14 pm »
I thought Pistorius' life needed to be made into a movie...now this? unreal story..

movie should be more interesting now. 

James Ford

« Reply #2088 on: February 14, 2013, 04:39:18 pm »
Yeah, but what actor is purposely going to get his legs amputated to play the role?

And if he does, tell me that guy aint a lock for an Oscar.

Relaxer

« Reply #2089 on: February 14, 2013, 04:47:07 pm »

movie should be more interesting now. 

Already made, plus its South African to boot

oword

James Ford

« Reply #2090 on: February 14, 2013, 04:52:27 pm »
I thought his running against two legged guys was a little bogus anyway. I mean, they won't let Lance Armstrong shoot a little dope to help him bike, but they will let this guy have scissor legs as long as he wants to have them? What is the world coming to?

Kind of like wheelchair racers in a marathon. You get to do a marathon sitting down? Hardly seems right. Everytime one comes close to mowing me over on a downhill I want to start popping tires.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2091 on: February 14, 2013, 05:43:12 pm »
Yeah, but what actor is purposely going to get his legs amputated to play the role?

CGI, no amputation needed.  remember Forrest Gump?

"The CGI removal of actor Gary Sinise's legs, after his character had them amputated, was achieved by wrapping his legs with a blue fabric, which later facilitated the work of the "roto-paint" team to paint out his legs from every single frame. At one point, while hoisting himself into his wheelchair, his legs are used for support." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forrest_Gump#Visual_effects
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2092 on: February 14, 2013, 06:00:09 pm »
the guy lost his legs . . . let him kill who he wants.

James Ford

« Reply #2093 on: February 14, 2013, 06:11:00 pm »
Well yeah, I suppose they could go that route. But the question is, would they want to?

CGI, no amputation needed.  remember Forrest Gump?

"The CGI removal of actor Gary Sinise's legs, after his character had them amputated, was achieved by wrapping his legs with a blue fabric, which later facilitated the work of the "roto-paint" team to paint out his legs from every single frame. At one point, while hoisting himself into his wheelchair, his legs are used for support." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forrest_Gump#Visual_effects

Relaxer

« Reply #2094 on: February 14, 2013, 07:37:32 pm »

Wasnt he born without legs? If so, he didn't really lose them because he never had them to begin with.
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #2095 on: February 14, 2013, 07:38:47 pm »
Unless I'm wrong in which case I am a tragic victim because I lost my second, third and fourth dongs.
oword

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #2096 on: February 14, 2013, 08:50:33 pm »

Gary Oldman could do it and that's without cutting off his legs. That guy is amazing! Saw him play a dwarf in some film. Full views and all. Took me 3/4s of the film to finally realize which character he was playing. Still have no idea how it was done. Good film too.

Besides, this would be a perfect film for him since he has a thing for playing crazy not your run of the mill murderers.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2097 on: February 14, 2013, 08:52:17 pm »

Wasnt he born without legs? If so, he didn't really lose them because he never had them to begin with.

oh really?  oh . . . well, that changes that i guess.  born without legs.  god, is that worse?  maybe i should just step away and leave this all alone.

hutch

« Reply #2098 on: February 14, 2013, 08:58:03 pm »

Gary Oldman could do it and that's without cutting off his legs. That guy is amazing! Saw him play a dwarf in some film. Full views and all. Took me 3/4s of the film to finally realize which character he was playing. Still have no idea how it was done. Good film too.

Besides, this would be a perfect film for him since he has a thing for playing crazy not your run of the mill murderers.

Well but Gary's a bit long in the tooth, no?

agree about his chops...

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #2099 on: February 14, 2013, 09:01:41 pm »

Well but Gary's a bit long in the tooth, no?

agree about his chops...

Yeah, maybe. I thought of that but he also has an incredible ability to completely transform himself. One actor I wouldn't put it past to be able to pull it off.