Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2603199 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #2100 on: February 14, 2013, 09:27:48 pm »
FUKIT

James Ford

« Reply #2101 on: February 15, 2013, 12:32:18 am »
Yeah, a chain smoking 55 year old alcoholic playing a 26 year old Olympian. Nice call, Jag!  :P

And then there's this, on Gary:

In 2001, former wife Donya Fiorentino claimed that Oldman had a drug habit and abused her, a claim which was investigated by the family courts, child custody evaluator, the police, and Los Angeles city attorney.

On second though, maybe he COULD pull it off!

Yeah, but what actor is purposely going to get his legs amputated to play the role?

And if he does, tell me that guy aint a lock for an Oscar.

I thought Pistorius' life needed to be made into a movie...now this? unreal story..

Gary Oldman could do it and that's without cutting off his legs. That guy is amazing! Saw him play a dwarf in some film. Full views and all. Took me 3/4s of the film to finally realize which character he was playing. Still have no idea how it was done. Good film too.

Besides, this would be a perfect film for him since he has a thing for playing crazy not your run of the mill murderers.

Well but Gary's a bit long in the tooth, no?

agree about his chops...

Yeah, maybe. I thought of that but he also has an incredible ability to completely transform himself. One actor I wouldn't put it past to be able to pull it off.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 12:35:38 am by James Ford »

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #2102 on: February 15, 2013, 02:04:42 am »
^ We were discussing him playing a role in a fake movie, not selecting the next Pope.  ::)

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2103 on: February 15, 2013, 09:04:28 am »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2104 on: February 15, 2013, 10:26:45 am »
the guy lost his legs . . . let him kill who he wants.

Wasnt he born without legs? If so, he didn't really lose them because he never had them to begin with.

I suppose this is the distinction between "unlegged" and "delegged", no?

atomicfront

« Reply #2105 on: February 15, 2013, 10:48:07 am »

Wasnt he born without legs? If so, he didn't really lose them because he never had them to begin with.

i think he had them removed when he was a 1 year old.  Just think if he would have won the gold medal olympic hopefuls around the world would start having their legs removed to get an advantage.

Relaxer

« Reply #2106 on: February 15, 2013, 11:28:19 am »
You're right, he lost them at age one.
Too bad he can't become a politician now. He'd have a helluva stump speech.
oword

hutch

« Reply #2107 on: February 15, 2013, 11:32:05 am »
You're right, he lost them at age one.
Too bad he can't become a politician now. He'd have a helluva stump speech.

god

vansmack

« Reply #2108 on: February 15, 2013, 02:39:46 pm »
Gary Oldman could do it and that's without cutting off his legs. That guy is amazing! Saw him play a dwarf in some film. Full views and all. Took me 3/4s of the film to finally realize which character he was playing. Still have no idea how it was done. Good film too.

It's called Tiptoes and it's "Gary Oldman, in the performance of a lifetime."  Also starring Kate Beckinsale and Matthew McConaughey.

And it's not a good film, but it is borderline Epic on the amazing scale.  There should be some evidence on here somewhere of me blindly sending out DVD copies to about a dozen friends one weekend.  Hilarity ensues.

Your storyline:

Two brothers - a dwarf (Rolfe) and one normal-sized (Steve). When Steve's girlfriend Carol becomes pregnant, the pair are fearful that the baby will inherit the dwarfism gene. Matters are complicated still further when she finds herself falling in love with Rolfe.

My favorite quote of the movie: (Kate Beckinsale to Matthew McConaughy) "So you had a circle jerk with a bunch of little people? I would love to see that!"

A couple years later Tosh.0 did one of his Spoiler Alert segments on it:

edited

Uncut

Bottomline - good date movie, if you know the girl really, really well and she wouldn't be appalled by Smackie.
27>34

atomicfront

« Reply #2109 on: February 15, 2013, 04:00:11 pm »

It's called Tiptoes and it's "Gary Oldman, in the performance of a lifetime."  Also starring Kate Beckinsale and Matthew McConaughey.

And it's not a good film, but it is borderline Epic on the amazing scale.  There should be some evidence on here somewhere of me blindly sending out DVD copies to about a dozen friends one weekend.  Hilarity ensues.

Your storyline:

Two brothers - a dwarf (Rolfe) and one normal-sized (Steve). When Steve's girlfriend Carol becomes pregnant, the pair are fearful that the baby will inherit the dwarfism gene. Matters are complicated still further when she finds herself falling in love with Rolfe.

My favorite quote of the movie: (Kate Beckinsale to Matthew McConaughy) "So you had a circle jerk with a bunch of little people? I would love to see that!"

A couple years later Tosh.0 did one of his Spoiler Alert segments on it:

edited

Uncut

Bottomline - good date movie, if you know the girl really, really well and she wouldn't be appalled by Smackie.

I love Gary Oldman but hate that movie so much.  I can't stand Peter Dinklage is probably the main reason. 

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #2110 on: February 15, 2013, 05:52:03 pm »

+1
FUKIT

Jaguar

« Reply #2111 on: February 16, 2013, 08:04:52 pm »

Oh, this would be a great 1st date movie for me. If he doesn't like the film, than I'd know he doesn't have a good sense of humor which would have me reconsidering whether or not to waste anymore time with the guy. If he liked it, than we'd be off to a good start.

James Ford

« Reply #2112 on: February 16, 2013, 09:36:46 pm »
Sounds like you and Smackie need to go on a date!

Oh, this would be a great 1st date movie for me. If he doesn't like the film, than I'd know he doesn't have a good sense of humor which would have me reconsidering whether or not to waste anymore time with the guy. If he liked it, than we'd be off to a good start.

Jaguar

« Reply #2113 on: February 17, 2013, 07:19:16 pm »

shemptiness

« Reply #2114 on: February 17, 2013, 07:49:58 pm »