Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2600600 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #2145 on: March 12, 2013, 08:47:34 am »
Formula 1. Where they drive the same route for 80 laps and nobody passes anybody.

NASCAR..what a shitshow...

you want skill in driving> find a competition where a driver has to turn the wheel both ways.. you know, like, LIFE

they go around a frickin' oval 500 times and the guy who wins does so by 2 seconds?  what a waste of time.

Formula 1. Any. Day.

Lets not even talk about the fans...I can think of few places I'd rather be less than at a NASCAR event.

just not true... other than monaco of course..
F1 is a tad on the boring side.  The cars look all cool and high tech but in the end at least it is not as boring as professional kickball (aka soccer).  Nothing is that boring.
FUKIT

K8teebug

« Reply #2146 on: March 12, 2013, 08:52:37 am »
http://www.abc27.com/story/21554320/gibbles-snack-food-line-to-end

RIP Gibbles potato chips and cheese puffys.

I am SO SAD about this.  A mainstay in my family for many many years.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2147 on: March 12, 2013, 09:12:07 am »
the cheesy puffs ruled . . . chips, not so much, and the pretzels were the worst.  this brand was a staple of a good redneck lifestyle.  will be missed, and fuck the owners.  they buy the company, tell nobody that you are changing the company overnight after it has been a beloved company since 1950 something, and fires all employees without notice.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2148 on: March 12, 2013, 09:47:29 am »
can't believe no one has posted this yet:

NYC soda ban
<sig>

imbecile

« Reply #2149 on: March 12, 2013, 09:54:43 am »

NYC soda ban

The best part of the article is the people they highlight for it; the bigger of the two (based on the pictures) is against the ban, while the thinner one is for the ban.  Is there anyway that wasn't intentional?

atomicfront

« Reply #2150 on: March 12, 2013, 10:01:59 am »

NYC soda ban

what I found interesting is that Starbucks (probably the worst offender) said they wouldn't abide by law if it were enacted.  Starbucks has to have the worst coffee in the world.  I always wondered why they were so popular and then  I realized that everyone who drinks coffee there has a drink with mostly chocalate and whip cream.  I wonder why starbucks doesn't get put in with mcdonalds and all the other junk food places to avoid. 

K8teebug

« Reply #2151 on: March 12, 2013, 10:08:41 am »
the cheesy puffs ruled . . . chips, not so much, and the pretzels were the worst.  this brand was a staple of a good redneck lifestyle.  will be missed, and fuck the owners.  they buy the company, tell nobody that you are changing the company overnight after it has been a beloved company since 1950 something, and fires all employees without notice.

SO SAD.  And I agree about the owners.

You don't like the chips as much because you haven't had the rainbow dip I make with them :)

K8teebug

« Reply #2152 on: March 12, 2013, 10:09:29 am »

NYC soda ban

what I found interesting is that Starbucks (probably the worst offender) said they wouldn't abide by law if it were enacted.  Starbucks has to have the worst coffee in the world.  I always wondered why they were so popular and then  I realized that everyone who drinks coffee there has a drink with mostly chocalate and whip cream.  I wonder why starbucks doesn't get put in with mcdonalds and all the other junk food places to avoid. 

They do have the worst coffee, but on a hot summer day, there is nothing better than their grande doubleshot with just a touch of sweetner and 2% milk!

James Ford

« Reply #2153 on: March 12, 2013, 10:23:28 am »
McDonalds McCafe Frappe Mocha: 450 calories, 19g fat
Starbucks Grande Mocha Lite Frappucino: 130 calories, 0.5g fat

NYC soda ban

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #2154 on: March 12, 2013, 11:13:34 am »
Back when I was a CPA and an auditor for the state of Virginia I went to lunch one day with this woman in my office who weighed 300 pounds if she weighed an ounce.  No ankles what-so-ever, just legs that ended in constantly swollen feet.  So we go to a local Burger King and this woman orders TWO whoppers with cheese, a large order of fries, and a small diet coke.  I asked her "why do you order diet coke"?  Her reply was literally "you have to save your calories where you can". 
FUKIT

slappy

« Reply #2155 on: March 12, 2013, 12:48:43 pm »

And McCafe is 4oz smaller @ 12oz!

nkotb

« Reply #2156 on: March 12, 2013, 04:52:12 pm »
Me...when I took a killer spill during my lunch time run on King Street.  Nice scrap on my hand and knee and ripped my brand new running shoes.  At least I managed to do it right in one of the busiest parts...

atomicfront

« Reply #2157 on: March 12, 2013, 05:07:26 pm »

NYC soda ban

if you believe the calories on the starbucks light grande frappucino you are quite guillible. 

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #2158 on: March 12, 2013, 06:21:42 pm »

😐 🎶

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #2159 on: March 13, 2013, 10:17:48 am »
Another extra sad one. Was a really big fan of this band while in high school. They set a lot of standards for those who came later.

Nic Potter, bass player with the mighty Van der Graaf Generator.