Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2600700 times)

Unsanity

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #2445 on: October 26, 2013, 06:24:52 pm »

ggw

« Reply #2447 on: October 27, 2013, 01:40:04 pm »
lou reed

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lou-reed-velvet-underground-leader-and-rock-pioneer-dead-at-71-20131027

fuck

"Fuck" is right.  Given his history, it's probably surprising he made it to 71, but it still sucks.  Glad I got to see him.

hutch

« Reply #2448 on: October 27, 2013, 01:42:39 pm »
awful news... just awful

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
FUKIT

killsaly

« Reply #2450 on: October 28, 2013, 02:02:49 pm »
Nerdapalooza 2007 - 2013

This might not matter to most of you, but I was personally upset by today's announcement.  I only went to Nerdapalooza (aka NAP) once (2009) and it was some of the most fun I have EVER had at a music festival.

For those who dont know what i am talking about, NAP was a yearly gathering of nerdy folks who would converge upon the city of Orlando for a weekend of Nerdcore and other nerdy types of music.   

Unfortunately, the promoters were a bit overambitious this year, and bankrupted their organization (1000 people attended,  and they were planning for 3000). 

Personally i think they were expanding at a nice pace over the years, but this year they went a little too far for this niche community. 

James Ford

« Reply #2451 on: October 28, 2013, 02:13:38 pm »
I think the problem is that adult nerds already have a place that they go to in Orlando. It's called Disney World.

There are many nerds in DC. They should have held it here.

Nerdapalooza 2007 - 2013

This might not matter to most of you, but I was personally upset by today's announcement.  I only went to Nerdapalooza (aka NAP) once (2009) and it was some of the most fun I have EVER had at a music festival.

For those who dont know what i am talking about, NAP was a yearly gathering of nerdy folks who would converge upon the city of Orlando for a weekend of Nerdcore and other nerdy types of music.   

Unfortunately, the promoters were a bit overambitious this year, and bankrupted their organization (1000 people attended,  and they were planning for 3000). 

Personally i think they were expanding at a nice pace over the years, but this year they went a little too far for this niche community. 

atomic

« Reply #2452 on: October 28, 2013, 02:16:01 pm »
I think the problem is that adult nerds already have a place that they go to in Orlando. It's called Disney World.

Nerdapalooza 2007 - 2013

Do you include yourself in that group? I think you are at least a beer nerd. 

James Ford

« Reply #2453 on: October 28, 2013, 03:49:08 pm »
Sure, of course I am a nerd. I majored in Math.

Although I'd never go to Disney World as an adult. Not even with my kid.

Nerdapalooza 2007 - 2013

atomic

« Reply #2454 on: October 28, 2013, 05:21:36 pm »
Sure, of course I am a nerd. I majored in Math.

Although I'd never go to Disney World as an adult. Not even with my kid.

Nerdapalooza 2007 - 2013

So you like stuff like "Lord of the Rings" and "Harry Potter"?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2455 on: October 28, 2013, 06:22:45 pm »
i love being a nerd.  you know shit, and stuff.  end of nerd jack in the death thread.

ggw

« Reply #2456 on: October 28, 2013, 09:05:24 pm »
Who was on the front page of the Financial Times today?  Not Angela Merkel, not Mario Draghi, not Ben Bernanke, not Haruhiko Kuroda.  Lou Reed - that's who.  You know you're a stud when the FT honors your passing with a front page spread.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2457 on: November 04, 2013, 01:26:25 pm »
<sig>

atomic

« Reply #2458 on: November 04, 2013, 02:29:32 pm »
Phyllis Diller
http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/20/showbiz/phyllis-diller-obit/index.html

Oh no!!!  I remember her best from her guest appearance on Scooby Do.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2459 on: November 04, 2013, 03:34:56 pm »
a loss.