Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2600240 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #2535 on: December 11, 2013, 12:07:47 am »
Jim Hall
😐 🎶

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #2536 on: December 11, 2013, 09:08:18 am »
The Walkmen.

I guess it makes me a bad person to be more upset about the Walkmen breaking up than Mandela dying.  But let's look on the bright side.  Now that Nelson Mandela is tits up, we don't have to deal with U2 AND Oprah Winfrey anymore, right?  RIGHT?!??!?!

Brian

Yada

« Reply #2537 on: December 11, 2013, 10:36:35 am »
The Walkmen.

I guess it makes me a bad person to be more upset about the Walkmen breaking up than Mandela dying.  But let's look on the bright side.  Now that Nelson Mandela is tits up, we don't have to deal with U2 AND Oprah Winfrey anymore, right?  RIGHT?!??!?!

Brian

I was banking on your "edgy" post to be related to the death of Paul Walker, but whoa!!! You're breaking new ground here Brian! Amazing post!

atomic

« Reply #2538 on: December 11, 2013, 11:04:15 am »
The Walkmen.

Brian

I hate bands like the Walkman that just copy one other act.  I am glad they are dead and actually I thought they died long ago.  But this  post shouldn't have bands in it unless the band members all die.  Please move it to some other thread.

Also, if you list some obscure person die you should at least put a sentence or two of why he is important enough to be in this thread. 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 11:06:07 am by atomic »

James Ford

« Reply #2539 on: December 11, 2013, 12:32:48 pm »
Ok, I'll bite. Who were the Walkmen "copying"?

The Walkmen.

Brian

I hate bands like the Walkman that just copy one other act.  I am glad they are dead and actually I thought they died long ago.  But this  post shouldn't have bands in it unless the band members all die.  Please move it to some other thread.

Also, if you list some obscure person die you should at least put a sentence or two of why he is important enough to be in this thread. 

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #2540 on: December 11, 2013, 01:11:43 pm »

The Walkmen.

Brian

My guess is that that Atomic thinks the Walkmen copied.....The Strokes?  Which is silly if you knew either band beyond a few songs.

Brian

atomic

« Reply #2541 on: December 11, 2013, 01:55:59 pm »

The Walkmen.

Brian

My guess is that that Atomic thinks the Walkmen copied.....The Strokes?  Which is silly if you knew either band beyond a few songs.

Brian

Bob Dylan.   I mean it is pretty obvious.  Do you guys listen to music?

James Ford

« Reply #2542 on: December 11, 2013, 02:20:56 pm »
Put a guy with a different sounding voice in front of the Walkmen and they sound absolutely nothing like Bob Dylan.

I thought you were going to say Joe Henry. They sounds way more like Joe Henry than Bob Dylan.

The Walkmen.

Brian

Brian

Bob Dylan.   I mean it is pretty obvious.  Do you guys listen to music?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2543 on: December 11, 2013, 02:28:31 pm »
[Bob Dylan.   I mean it is pretty obvious.  Do you guys listen to music?

Wait.  I thought Dylan was one of the creators.  Doesn't everybody either copy Dylan, Elvis, The Beatles, Zeppelin, Floyd or Bowie?  There might be a few more bands on this list, but I think we could identify the bands that invented music, and everyone else is derivative.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #2544 on: December 11, 2013, 02:39:05 pm »

We try not to.  It just gets in the way.

Wait.  I thought Dylan was one of the creators.  Doesn't everybody either copy Dylan, Elvis, The Beatles, Zeppelin, Floyd or Bowie?  There might be a few more bands on this list, but I think we could identify the bands that invented music, and everyone else is derivative.

More artists in 2013 copy The Band, Kraftwerk and Donna Summer than any of those six artists you mentioned.

Brian

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2545 on: December 11, 2013, 02:49:15 pm »
Dylan --> The Band
Floyd --> Kraftwerk
Bowie --> Donna Summer

atomic

« Reply #2546 on: December 11, 2013, 03:02:29 pm »

More artists in 2013 copy The Band, Kraftwerk and Donna Summer than any of those six artists you mentioned.

Brian

Everyone should copy Donna Summer. 

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #2547 on: December 11, 2013, 04:16:33 pm »
Bowie --> Donna Summer --> MGMT

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2548 on: December 11, 2013, 04:19:08 pm »

Brian

Everyone should copy Donna Summer. 

you mean, pretend to like the gays, so you can profit off of them?

hutch

« Reply #2549 on: December 12, 2013, 01:03:42 pm »
Bowie --> Donna Summer --> MGMT

uh oh you stepped on it...short of a Lydon or Chick-fil-a mention....this is as bad as it gets..