Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2600525 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #2700 on: February 03, 2014, 01:14:22 pm »
Tell it to my kids who buried their mom over this shit 6 months ago. 
My goodness. Sorry to hear that.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #2701 on: February 03, 2014, 01:23:18 pm »
It's called empathy.

And you sir, have both my empathy and sympathy.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #2702 on: February 03, 2014, 01:29:17 pm »
I'm very sorry to hear that Chaz..that is rough.

empathy is a strange thing... can i empathize with what a multi-millionaire with three kids is going through or feeling that would cause him to do heroin... no, i don't think so .. i can sympathize.. i can feel for him..but "feel like him"? no. i don't think so.

one last thought.. i've come to think recently that there are genetic factors that may explain why some peoplle have an easier time with empathy than others....

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2703 on: February 03, 2014, 01:34:17 pm »
It's called empathy.

And you sir, have both my empathy and sympathy.
Thank you, and also you Julian.  edit:  and you too hutch

My intent with talking about this is not to pander attention.  People can just be so crass and dense.  Of course anyone who picks up heroin that first time is a fucking idiot.

Sometimes you can see this shit coming from a mile away and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it.  You just hope for the best. 

And btw, kiddos are doing great, all things considered.  They are brave and beautiful and pretty much kicking the world's ass right now.  They are well loved by me and their step mom, who became their legal guardian just last month.  Life has not been fair to them but our family has much to be grateful and excited about.

chaz

« Reply #2704 on: February 03, 2014, 01:36:14 pm »

one last thought.. i've come to think recently that there are genetic factors that may explain why some peoplle have an easier time with empathy than others....
For this i'll take nurture over nature all day.  Though i see scientific community may not think so.

Addiction on the other hand, is solidly both.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 01:42:48 pm by chaz »

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #2705 on: February 03, 2014, 01:51:54 pm »

I am sorry for your loss, chaz. 

If anyone reads what I have written on this matter, my only belief is that I feel we should stop deifying and weeping over celebrities with addiction issues and realize that those that are closest to us are the ones that matter and the ones we should focus our sympathies on.  It's easy to say that when it comes to addiction, everyone is the same.   Maybe so.   However, some people get thousands of life savers thrown at them (whether they choose to grab on or not) and some get none.  And it seems to me, we should be helping out the ones who we know personally as much as we can instead of remembering how awesome someone we never met was in "Almost Famous".

That is all. 

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, chaz.

Brian

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2706 on: February 03, 2014, 01:58:52 pm »
you know what else is an addiction . . . attention.  you all should go get sober, from it.  kosmo should lock this stupid thread.  people die every day in every way.  we dont need this "me first" attitude spewing slavery this thing has become followed by "my opinion" of the facts of why people die.  jesus christ, and satan too, go back to jerking off according to who is playing baltimore and not dc.   

chaz

« Reply #2707 on: February 03, 2014, 01:59:47 pm »

I am sorry for your loss, chaz. 

If anyone reads what I have written on this matter, my only belief is that I feel we should stop deifying and weeping over celebrities with addiction issues and realize that those that are closest to us are the ones that matter and the ones we should focus our sympathies on.  It's easy to say that when it comes to addiction, everyone is the same.   Maybe so.   However, some people get thousands of life savers thrown at them (whether they choose to grab on or not) and some get none.  And it seems to me, we should be helping out the ones who we know personally as much as we can instead of remembering how awesome someone we never met was in "Almost Famous".

That is all. 

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, chaz.

Brian
Nobody deified anyone.  An incredibly talented guy with seemingly everything to live for, dead.  3 fatherless children.   A sad conclusion to a promising life.  I've yet to hear anyone opine any differently than that. 

Except for those that take the road you chose to.

Thanks for your kind words. 

While my ex wife suffered her addiction, so too did her kids.  And so did I.  At least now we are not.

atomic

« Reply #2708 on: February 03, 2014, 02:09:08 pm »
you know what else is an addiction . . . attention.  you all should go get sober, from it.  kosmo should lock this stupid thread.  people die every day in every way.  we dont need this "me first" attitude spewing slavery this thing has become followed by "my opinion" of the facts of why people die.  jesus christ, and satan too, go back to jerking off according to who is playing baltimore and not dc.   

Or he could just ban Brian Wallace.  Or suspend him.   

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2709 on: February 03, 2014, 02:25:23 pm »
banning anybody is dumb.  unless they threaten someones life. 

Yada

« Reply #2710 on: February 03, 2014, 02:31:30 pm »
BW, taking trolling to a whole new level. How sad.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2711 on: February 03, 2014, 03:04:10 pm »
im still mad . . . about baltimore

atomic

« Reply #2712 on: February 03, 2014, 05:33:23 pm »
im still mad . . . about baltimore

Baltimore is still alive and well, thank you very much. 

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #2713 on: February 04, 2014, 08:58:14 am »

Or he could just ban Brian Wallace.  Or suspend him.   

BW, taking trolling to a whole new level. How sad.

The crazy part is you ACTUALLY think that would bother me.  That taking away the self-obsessed mirror of the 9:30 message board would bother me.  How would it affect any of YOU who feel inadequate in your real life and you're grown men (I'm 24.  Born March XX, 1989 and my real name is....wait for it....Brian Wallace) and you can revert to your childhood where you can have silly names like "Vansmack!"  and "Sweetcell!" and "Atomic!" and "Yada!"

Ban me.  Suspend me.  Take "trolling" to a new level.  For the simple fact of stating that Phillip Seymour Hoffman's death was not "sad" and not "tragic".  He had tremendous resources to fight his problem and failed.  For stating THAT opinion, I'm a "troll" and should be banned.

His death wasn't tragic.  You know what else isn't tragic?  Attending a concert at D.A.R.  Or driving to Silver Spring.  Or not getting great Nick Cave seats.  You want sad?  You want tragic?  I volunteer at CHOP.   I'll sign you up.  I'll show you "sad."

I'm done . Good bye.  It's shame I never was able to tell the difference between "vansmack" and "Sweetcell".  I know three facts about those two: one lives in San Francisco, one's obsessed with cell phones and one was married for like, two weeks.

Brian

kosmo - Real name or not, I don't think it's wise to post a birth date on a public forum.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 01:59:02 pm by kosmo vinyl »

ggw

« Reply #2714 on: February 04, 2014, 09:21:49 am »
Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia?

Christian House of Prayer?