Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2600197 times)

Got Haggis?

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #2955 on: April 09, 2014, 03:20:21 pm »
pretty weird about ultimate warriors final words on tv, 24 hours before he died

""Every mans heart one day beats it's final beat, his lungs breathe a final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them bleed deeper then something larger then life. Then his essence and his spirit will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever.""

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #2956 on: April 09, 2014, 03:44:07 pm »
I wonder if this is all as fake as wrestling is?  What too soon?
FUKIT

ggw

« Reply #2957 on: April 09, 2014, 10:15:20 pm »
They were objects of unalloyed lust.

The Ducati 916 and the MV Agusta F4, sport bikes, which are considered two of the most desirable motorcycles ever made, remain coveted on and off the racecourse for their fleet handling and sensuous streamlining.

Both were featured in ?The Art of the Motorcycle,? a 1998 Guggenheim Museum exhibition. Both were designed by Massimo Tamburini, a largely self-taught artisan who died on Sunday at 70.

For decades Mr. Tamburini reigned as ?the Michelangelo of motorcycling,? as The Sunday Express, the British newspaper, called him in 2010, and his work exerted a pervasive influence on the look of motorcycles in the late 20th century.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 10:18:01 pm by ggw »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2958 on: April 10, 2014, 09:44:07 am »
Awwww Mr. Tamburini man.

atomic

« Reply #2959 on: April 10, 2014, 10:24:34 am »
They were objects of unalloyed lust.

The Ducati 916 and the MV Agusta F4, sport bikes, which are considered two of the most desirable motorcycles ever made, remain coveted on and off the racecourse for their fleet handling and sensuous streamlining.

Both were featured in ?The Art of the Motorcycle,? a 1998 Guggenheim Museum exhibition. Both were designed by Massimo Tamburini, a largely self-taught artisan who died on Sunday at 70.

For decades Mr. Tamburini reigned as ?the Michelangelo of motorcycling,? as The Sunday Express, the British newspaper, called him in 2010, and his work exerted a pervasive influence on the look of motorcycles in the late 20th century.

He definitely designed beautiful bikes.  I was going to add an MV Augusta to my motorcycle collection but then got divorced and ruined all those plans....

ggw

« Reply #2960 on: April 11, 2014, 12:46:59 pm »

Steven A. Shaw, a founder of the influential online culinary discussion forum eGullet and one of the first writers to start his own food blog, died on Tuesday in Manhattan. He was 44.

Mr. Shaw?s role in contemporary food journalism was considered pioneering for the open-forum websites he created. The website eGullet and his blog Fat-Guy.com, which has been discontinued, became online hubs where chefs, serious home cooks, gourmands and people just looking for a new restaurant could meet and talk on end about food ? setting a standard for the thousands of other Internet sites that are now the food blogosphere.

Mr. Shaw, a lawyer by training, quit his job with the Manhattan law firm Cravath, Swaine & Moore to enter the then-unexplored country of online journalism in the late 1990s.

The venture set off an explosion of clashing online opinions and philosophies of food.

?The eGullet site, at one time, could be a thrilling place, where a simple question might be answered by Anthony Bourdain or the food editor of The Los Angeles Times,? wrote Todd A. Price, a dining writer for The Times-Picayune in New Orleans.

Nathan Myhrvold, a former chief technology officer for Microsoft, started a thread on eGullet in 2004 (asking for advice on sous vide, a method of cooking in sealed vacuum bags) that led him to undertake ?Modernist Cuisine,? a six-volume encyclopedia of food arts, biology and physics, published in 2010. David Chang, the chef and owner of Momofuku in Manhattan, has described it as ?the cookbook to end all cookbooks.?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/11/nyregion/steven-a-shaw-44-founder-of-an-early-blog-about-food-dies.html

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

atomic

« Reply #2963 on: April 15, 2014, 12:24:09 pm »

hutch

« Reply #2964 on: April 15, 2014, 02:24:26 pm »
AC/DC?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/fans-hope-for-the-best-as-rumours-swirl-about-malcolm-youngs-health-and-acdcs-future/story-fni0b7jg-1226884658411

<cue all the predictable haters...>

If they didn't stop being AC/DC when Bon Scott died I see no reason to stop on Malcolms account.

the level of cluelessness you display is astounding.

i'm hoping its an internet hoax ..not so much AC/DC breaking up but that Malcolm Young had a stroke

my favorite band ever.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 02:26:34 pm by hutch »

rich_WDC

« Reply #2965 on: April 15, 2014, 02:50:08 pm »
AC/DC?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/fans-hope-for-the-best-as-rumours-swirl-about-malcolm-youngs-health-and-acdcs-future/story-fni0b7jg-1226884658411

<cue all the predictable haters...>

If they didn't stop being AC/DC when Bon Scott died I see no reason to stop on Malcolms account.

I recall they've toured without Malcolm before.   Felt like the worst-thing-ever at the time but....when looking back it is a blur of just a fantastic fun concert anyway.

Yada

« Reply #2966 on: April 15, 2014, 02:58:33 pm »
I saw AC/DC in maybe 08 or 09 and my ears rang for days...

By the way, what's the best concert going ear plugs? Any advice you avid show goers?

ggw

« Reply #2967 on: April 15, 2014, 03:04:40 pm »
I saw AC/DC in maybe 08 or 09 and my ears rang for days...

By the way, what's the best concert going ear plugs? Any advice you avid show goers?

http://forum.930.com/index.php?topic=5075.0

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2968 on: April 15, 2014, 03:07:17 pm »

i still swear by my Etymotics (http://www.etymotic.com/hp/er20.html).  there are better plugs out there, if you're willing to spend the cash, but for under $12 you can't beat etys.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #2969 on: April 15, 2014, 03:19:33 pm »
thanks dudes...