Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2601205 times)

ggw

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #3045 on: June 04, 2014, 10:45:53 am »
Depends on your definition of "shitty" town.  It's all over Fairfax and Montgomery County high schools.  It's a lot cheaper and more accessible than pills.

Yada

« Reply #3046 on: June 04, 2014, 11:01:00 am »
Depends on your definition of "shitty" town.  It's all over Fairfax and Montgomery County high schools.  It's a lot cheaper and more accessible than pills.

Non shitty towns* have the problem too... but if your town is shitty, then you definitely have a heroin problem.

*not to say parts of Fairfax/Mont Co. shouldn't be considered shitty.

« Reply #3047 on: June 04, 2014, 12:09:21 pm »
unbelievable but heroin is way back
it's a shame how music/movies/literature romanticizes it
Trainspotting and Basketball Diaries movie versions make it look pretty awful.   

I disagree, trainspotting totally romanticizes it. 
Requiem for a Dream
Sid and Nancy
Permanent Midnight
Jesus' Son
The Man with the Golden Arm

the books are endless

Music is endless too...it's my wife, it's my life

Yes they all end badly for the 'hero' , but still doesn't mean it doesn't make it look attractive to impressionable eyes.

Again, I count my lucky stars that it just wasn't available where I was and with who I hung out with
slack

hutch

« Reply #3048 on: June 04, 2014, 12:14:26 pm »
I've always had a  mental block against heroin... i would never do it..to me its the equivalent of death.

whereas things like ecstacy, cocaine.... bring it on! those are fun!!!!!!!!!!!! can't figure out why people don't do them more!

i stopped doing pot cause it made me paranoid and more idiotic than normal..

Yada

« Reply #3049 on: June 04, 2014, 12:38:06 pm »

Requiem for a Dream
Sid and Nancy
Permanent Midnight
Jesus' Son

the books are endless

Yes they all end badly for the 'hero' , but still doesn't mean it doesn't make it look attractive to impressionable eyes.

Again, I count my lucky stars that it just wasn't available where I was and with who I hung out with

I blame it on rappers and heavy metal guitarists.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3050 on: June 04, 2014, 12:41:24 pm »
I just think if you're going to do drugs, be classy about it and stick to tinctures of opium drank out of heirloom lead-glass drink ware.
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #3051 on: June 04, 2014, 01:05:28 pm »

Requiem for a Dream
Sid and Nancy
Permanent Midnight
Jesus' Son

the books are endless

Trainspotting doesn't romantcize it.  Dead Baby, Worst toilet in Britain, and Friend dieing of Aids how is that romantic.  Requiem for a Dream is the most depressing movie I have ever seen. Sid and Nancy he kills Nancy and then OD's.  Permanent Midnight he loses his job and drives around with his baby while doing Heroin.  All of those make it depressingly horrible.

Yada

« Reply #3052 on: June 05, 2014, 09:08:54 am »
I've always had a  mental block against heroin... i would never do it..to me its the equivalent of death.

whereas things like ecstacy, cocaine.... bring it on! those are fun!!!!!!!!!!!! can't figure out why people don't do them more!

for hutch.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/06/04/opinion/dowd-dont-harsh-our-mellow-dude.html

hutch

« Reply #3053 on: June 05, 2014, 11:25:18 am »

for hutch.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/06/04/opinion/dowd-dont-harsh-our-mellow-dude.html

wow talk about maureen losing it.....

shemptiness

« Reply #3054 on: June 05, 2014, 11:46:10 am »

for hutch.

wow talk about maureen losing it.....

"She got the warning," Brown reportedly said. "She did what all the reporters did. She listened. She bought some samples ? I don?t remember what exactly. Me and the owner of the dispensary we were at and the assistant manager and the budtender talked with her for 45 minutes at the shop."

Brown said he, like, "really went into depth" with Dowd.

http://www.twcc.com/articles/2014/06/05/r/report-maureen-dowd-went-to-the-mitt-romney-documentary-after-buying-drugs

atomic

« Reply #3055 on: June 05, 2014, 09:03:33 pm »
Don Zimmer baseball player and manager.  He was 84.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3056 on: June 05, 2014, 09:13:33 pm »
Don Zimmer baseball player and manager.  He was 84.
Sadly, to people under 40, most famous for this: http://youtu.be/5O0yPrnCQeI
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 09:15:07 pm by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #3057 on: June 05, 2014, 09:26:55 pm »
well I hope thats not true but...

didn't he play for the Yankees..I once read a great Billy Martin autobiography and I think Zim was with the Yanks n the 50s but I could be wrong...

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3058 on: June 05, 2014, 09:32:34 pm »
... "Me and the owner of the dispensary we were at and the assistant manager and the budtender talked with her for 45 minutes at the shop." ...

I have no idea in hell who this Brown person is but lets just say his grammar skills are less than that of a 4th grader in public school.  The credibility of anyone who speaks like this is diminished greatly by their ignorance. 
FUKIT

stevewizzle

« Reply #3059 on: June 08, 2014, 02:02:07 pm »
killsaly