Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2601402 times)

hutch

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #3285 on: October 16, 2014, 12:47:17 am »
would i have seen ikey at the mars volta show opening up for soundgarden at the patriot center?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3286 on: October 16, 2014, 08:33:08 am »
would i have seen ikey at the mars volta show opening up for soundgarden at the patriot center?
I don't think I was on here at the time of that show but I was at that. I have a friend who was obsessed with Soundgarden and that was his first time seeing him and we got there hours early to be in the front row. (The looks of utter glee on this kids face all concert long was worth the ticket price x10.)

Mars Volta that day will always go down as one of the three worst sets I've ever seen. Utter, open disgust for the crowd. Fuck those guys.
LVMH

wml7

« Reply #3287 on: October 16, 2014, 08:45:21 am »
They were awesome, it was the crowd that didn't get them
 ;D

hutch

« Reply #3288 on: October 16, 2014, 12:12:04 pm »
I don't think I was on here at the time of that show but I was at that. I have a friend who was obsessed with Soundgarden and that was his first time seeing him and we got there hours early to be in the front row. (The looks of utter glee on this kids face all concert long was worth the ticket price x10.)

Mars Volta that day will always go down as one of the three worst sets I've ever seen. Utter, open disgust for the crowd. Fuck those guys.

I thought it was pretty bad myself.... but I took it as just the wrong venue mixed in with a very high meathead bros contingent....

Anyways, was Ivey with them at the time?

I saw Mars Volta at the Showbox in Seattle very early on and they were pretty good...just never been my bag...

ggw

« Reply #3289 on: October 16, 2014, 12:24:50 pm »
2003 Mars Volta show at 9:30 was one of the all-time greatest shows I've seen.   But I can definitely see how they wouldn't do well as an opening act for a meathead grunge band at an arena.

Unsanity

« Reply #3290 on: October 16, 2014, 12:37:16 pm »
Yeah that 2003 gig was one of the best 9:30 Club shows I have ever been to. It was the only time they ever played DC. Ikey was not in the band by the time that Soundgarden tour happened. The band did become insufferable by then I'm sure. I think there was some infighting that might have bled out. Those guys are all cool with each other now but TMV will probably never be back. The official cause of death was a heart attack and only pot was found at the scene. 38 is way too young dammit!

hutch

« Reply #3291 on: October 16, 2014, 01:21:01 pm »
Yeah that 2003 gig was one of the best 9:30 Club shows I have ever been to. It was the only time they ever played DC. Ikey was not in the band by the time that Soundgarden tour happened. The band did become insufferable by then I'm sure. I think there was some infighting that might have bled out. Those guys are all cool with each other now but TMV will probably never be back. The official cause of death was a heart attack and only pot was found at the scene. 38 is way too young dammit!

thanks for that... i thought as much

this happened in Mexico...lets keep that clear... can't trust any investigation .. if it was any hanky panky they would cover that in exchange for $2....so we'll never know... but it could have been a heart attack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3292 on: October 16, 2014, 01:40:44 pm »
Do we need a "Dropping Like Flies - Commentary Thread"?

hutch

« Reply #3293 on: October 16, 2014, 05:08:12 pm »
Do we need a "Dropping Like Flies - Commentary Thread"?

if you can't live a little in the dropping like flies thread i don't know what to say...

James Ford

« Reply #3294 on: October 17, 2014, 12:23:45 pm »
Elizabeth Pena (55), tv mom to Sofia Vergara (42).

A mom 13 years older than her daughter? Talk about ethnic stereotyping.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3295 on: October 17, 2014, 12:34:02 pm »
one person, equals stereotyping?

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3296 on: October 17, 2014, 03:41:36 pm »

They are called ACTORS for a reason.  They are ACTING, playing a role. 
FUKIT

« Reply #3297 on: October 17, 2014, 04:17:17 pm »
slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #3298 on: October 17, 2014, 05:22:04 pm »

In "Blue Bloods", Len Cariou (75) plays the father of Tom Selleck's (69) character.
😐 🎶

hutch

« Reply #3299 on: October 17, 2014, 05:25:52 pm »

Seems like you're the one ethnic stereotyping! I don't think it would have occurred to anyone! You see it all the time in the movies and on TV!