Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2549955 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #3345 on: November 12, 2014, 02:14:34 pm »
I can so relate to Sheldon and his lack of grasping the norms of social interaction.

Yes, yes.  Welcome to the 9:30 Club Forum.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3346 on: November 19, 2014, 05:44:39 pm »
Jimmy Ruffin - one of greatest one hit wonders with "What Becomes of the Broken hearted"
T.Rex

shemptiness

« Reply #3347 on: November 20, 2014, 08:36:09 am »
Director Mike Nichols

shemptiness

« Reply #3348 on: November 23, 2014, 07:04:37 am »
Mayor For Life Marion F Barry

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3349 on: November 23, 2014, 10:34:21 am »
Mayor For Life Marion F Barry

Not to speak ill of the dead but it does indeed speak volumes of the electorate when a city will reelect someone mayor who is proven to be hooked on crack and/or meth.  RIP. 
FUKIT

ggw

« Reply #3350 on: November 23, 2014, 10:44:26 am »
I will never understand why he was considered such a hero/champion.  Not because of the crack thing, but more because he was an out-and-out self-serving crook.

hutch

« Reply #3351 on: November 23, 2014, 10:49:12 am »
I'm betting he gets reelected and his nickname is changed to "Mayor in Life and Death"

Yada

« Reply #3352 on: November 23, 2014, 11:33:20 am »
I will never understand why he was considered such a hero/champion.  Not because of the crack thing, but more because he was an out-and-out self-serving crook.

My guess is because he fought for the rights of people that you wouldn't give two shits about and those people used to make up this city.

ggw

« Reply #3353 on: November 23, 2014, 11:33:38 am »
I'm betting he gets reelected and his nickname is changed to "Mayor in Life and Death"

More likely his son Christopher takes the baton.  He's already got the drug, DUI, and B&E charges on his resume.

ggw

« Reply #3354 on: November 23, 2014, 11:53:51 am »

My guess is because he fought for the rights of people that you wouldn't give two shits about and those people used to make up this city.

If by "fought for the rights of" you mean "used demagoguery to mask his penchant of blatantly using the city as an ATM for his friends, family, and political supporters," then I agree.

Yada

« Reply #3355 on: November 23, 2014, 11:54:53 am »

If by "fought for the rights of" you mean "used demagoguery to mask his penchant of blatantly using the city as an ATM for his friends, family, and political supporters," then I agree.

a rich trust funded white guy would never understand.

ggw

« Reply #3356 on: November 23, 2014, 11:59:51 am »

If I find one, I'll ask him.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3357 on: November 23, 2014, 03:19:57 pm »

If I find one, I'll ask him.
Did you need something?
LVMH

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3358 on: November 23, 2014, 05:29:59 pm »

I care about all people.  I just don't think that giving people stuff for free is how to show you care for them.  I believe it is far better to empower them to improve themselves and make their lives better.  As one of our presidents once said, the best welfare program ever is a job.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3359 on: November 23, 2014, 05:30:45 pm »

Well at least you got the white and guy parts correct.
FUKIT