Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2601534 times)

hutch

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #3435 on: January 23, 2015, 11:39:50 am »
King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud of Saudi Arabia

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102292477#.

The hagiographies in American MSM of a man who oversaw one of the most brutal and repressive governments in the world are amazing. If you do our bidding, we will make sure you are glorified when you die, I guess.

This.

Disgraceful. The AP in particular. Good lord.

azaghal1981

« Reply #3436 on: January 23, 2015, 12:31:19 pm »

The hagiographies in American MSM of a man who oversaw one of the most brutal and repressive governments in the world are amazing. If you do our bidding, we will make sure you are glorified when you die, I guess.

This.

Disgraceful. The AP in particular. Good lord.
Sweet guy.
احمد

« Reply #3437 on: January 23, 2015, 12:57:19 pm »

Don't think any commentary is needed

I will add, both sides of the story are coming out for people who are paying attention.
not a total brain/whitewash
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 12:59:04 pm by Sidehatch ♫ »
slack

hutch

« Reply #3438 on: January 23, 2015, 01:10:11 pm »
well but that is the problem isn't it? most Americans don't pay attention...most Americans will get a little blurb from the AP in their local paper or see a 30 second bit on the evening news..that will be IT.

This man was a real piece of work...to see the AP and what they wrote yesterday about him made me want to puke.

The facts are that Iran is a far more open society than Saudi Arabia has ever been yet we will continue to hear the drumbeat for attacking Iran or the world will end.... what was it? 19 of 20 9-11 hijackers were Saudis?

azaghal1981

« Reply #3439 on: January 23, 2015, 01:28:30 pm »
well but that is the problem isn't it? most Americans don't pay attention...most Americans will get a little blurb from the AP in their local paper or see a 30 second bit on the evening news..that will be IT.

This man was a real piece of work...to see the AP and what they wrote yesterday about him made me want to puke.

The facts are that Iran is a far more open society than Saudi Arabia has ever been yet we will continue to hear the drumbeat for attacking Iran or the world will end.... what was it? 19 of 20 9-11 hijackers were Saudis?
Exactly. Fairer accounts of his reign are being given but not on our TV channels or in our newspapers.
احمد

Got Haggis?

« Reply #3440 on: January 23, 2015, 01:55:16 pm »
related - The Republican Senator from Israel: http://www.vox.com/2015/1/21/7866089/netanyahu-boehner-congress

hutch

« Reply #3441 on: January 23, 2015, 02:00:48 pm »
related - The Republican Senator from Israel: http://www.vox.com/2015/1/21/7866089/netanyahu-boehner-congress

this guy is so wrong to pull this shit..its unreal....he really needs to get waterboarded...

vansmack

« Reply #3442 on: January 23, 2015, 02:04:11 pm »

Interestingly, that wasn't the original article I linked to.

Originally, it said only that he had passed and that the price of Crude rose 1.5% upon hearing the news.  That's why I linked to it.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #3443 on: January 23, 2015, 02:18:06 pm »

Interestingly, that wasn't the original article I linked to.

Originally, it said only that he had passed and that the price of Crude rose 1.5% upon hearing the news.  That's why I linked to it.

BOOM! Smackie on roll!!!!!!!!!!!

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3444 on: January 23, 2015, 02:55:14 pm »

IMHO damn near ALL Americans do this.  The only different is who they list to, CNN, Fox, or MS/DNC.
FUKIT

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3445 on: January 23, 2015, 05:07:30 pm »
Well, I hate to get us out of this "stimulating" political discourse, but...

Edgar Froese of Tangerine Dream
LVMH

Got Haggis?

« Reply #3446 on: January 23, 2015, 05:23:32 pm »
The Keep (which Tangerine Dream did the soundtrack for) had a huge influence on me in High School.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3447 on: January 23, 2015, 05:31:25 pm »
Edgar Froese of Tangerine Dream

wow... will be listening to "Ricochet" and "Force Majeure" tonight.  RIP.
<sig>

« Reply #3448 on: January 23, 2015, 05:40:03 pm »
The Keep (which Tangerine Dream did the soundtrack for) had a huge influence on me in High School.
Was curious and found this detail....

Music[edit]

Main article: The Keep (Tangerine Dream album)

The theme and incidental music was composed by Tangerine Dream. The band previously worked with Michael Mann on his first theatrical film Thief. The score to The Keep is primarily made up of moody soundscapes, as opposed to straightforward music cues, composed by Tangerine Dream. Most notably, a version of the Brian Eno/David Byrne composition "Mea Culpa" was used for the film's opening sequence,[citation needed] and an ambient cover of Howard Blake's "Walking in the Air" was featured during the end sequence of the film. Additionally, Tangerine Dream's arrangement of the song "Gloria" from Mass for Four Voices by Thomas Tallis can also be heard in the film.

Due to rights issues, the version of the film that is currently available on streaming media sites contains a different score than its original release. A limited run of 150 original soundtrack CDs were sold at a concert by the group in the UK in 1997, and Virgin Records soon announced that the album would be available for general release in early 1998, but legal issues with the film studio stopped the release. The full score can be found in the laserdisc and VHS versions of the film.
slack

ggw

« Reply #3449 on: January 23, 2015, 05:48:44 pm »

Tangerine Dream did this movie too.