Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2600779 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #3690 on: May 15, 2015, 04:27:47 pm »
I think I missed something.

I did too... I'm starting to wonder what the rules and regs are here for banning/blocking/deleting/etc.
I think maybe one of the mods clicked lock by accident? I didn't see anything crazy in there.
LVMH

« Reply #3691 on: May 15, 2015, 04:36:07 pm »
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3692 on: May 15, 2015, 04:50:24 pm »
Kinda hard to lock something while in WAP mode, but I'll unlock later
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3693 on: May 15, 2015, 04:52:38 pm »
I think I missed something.

I did too... I'm starting to wonder what the rules and regs are here for banning/blocking/deleting/etc.
I think maybe one of the mods clicked lock by accident? I didn't see anything crazy in there.

this is my suspicion as well.  i am hoping that my melodrama will help spur action.  plus, i got to call kosmo pear-shaped.
<sig>

« Reply #3694 on: May 15, 2015, 04:53:42 pm »
hey watch it there with your slinging around that derogatory term for persons of Italian decent
slack

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3695 on: May 15, 2015, 05:11:39 pm »
when, all else fails, blame that bitch, hutch.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3696 on: May 15, 2015, 07:41:26 pm »
Look at the picture carefully and you can see me as well.
Look carefully? The last time I saw a photo that grainy, it purported to show the Loch Ness Monster.

It was taken on the back of a very dimly lit bus with a extremely low resolution camera phone.  Don't let the green eyed monster bite you so hard!
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3697 on: May 15, 2015, 07:43:59 pm »
damn, I thought that was Frank Zappa

I've been called by that name in the past.

As well as (for some damn reason):
Ozzy
Howard Stern
Jesus Christ
Charles Manson

I have no idea in hell what to make of that list.  I'm am sure that some of you will have wonderful comments to make.
FUKIT

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3698 on: May 15, 2015, 08:21:16 pm »
That's funny. When I saw you at Jerry last night, I thought Captain Lou Albano.

dyecraig

« Reply #3699 on: May 15, 2015, 08:31:31 pm »
BB King

Kim and BB...
nice - he never left a gig until everyone that wanted to meet him got to meet him,
and he would talk to you like he just saw you last week.
"live at the regal" of course and "blues on the bayou" (1998) will be on rotation this weekend.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3700 on: May 15, 2015, 11:19:59 pm »
That's funny. When I saw you at Jerry last night, I thought Captain Lou Albano.

LOL but that wasn't me.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3701 on: May 15, 2015, 11:27:08 pm »
BB King

Kim and BB...
nice - he never left a gig until everyone that wanted to meet him got to meet him,
"live at the regal" of course and "blues on the bayou" (1998) will be on rotation this weekend.

Kim and I drove down to the Norva for the show.  After it was over we went around back to hang for a few minutes at the bar and we see a few people loosely lined up by a tour bus.  I take her arm and we go over to the line.  Eventually a guy comes out of the bus and says "Whoever is going on the bus line up here".  We make the line a little more formal and wait our turn.  When we got back to BB, Kim asked "Is it OK if my friend takes of picture of me with you?"  BB says "Sure darling, sit down here next to me and act like you like me."

The funny thing was that the young boy who was in front of us was so nervous that he could hardly control himself.  He was thanking Jesus for letting him meet BB and getting very flustered.   BB showed the patience of a saint with him took a good amount of time and got him to eventually calm down so he could enjoy the moment and remember having met BB.
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #3702 on: May 16, 2015, 08:19:05 am »
BB King

Kim and BB...

Kim and I drove down to the Norva for the show.  After it was over we went around back to hang for a few minutes at the bar and we see a few people loosely lined up by a tour bus.  I take her arm and we go over to the line.  Eventually a guy comes out of the bus and says "Whoever is going on the bus line up here".  We make the line a little more formal and wait our turn.  When we got back to BB, Kim asked "Is it OK if my friend takes of picture of me with you?"  BB says "Sure darling, sit down here next to me and act like you like me."

The funny thing was that the young boy who was in front of us was so nervous that he could hardly control himself.  He was thanking Jesus for letting him meet BB and getting very flustered.   BB showed the patience of a saint with him took a good amount of time and got him to eventually calm down so he could enjoy the moment and remember having met BB.

that is awesome!

i love stories like that...

Unsanity

« Reply #3703 on: May 17, 2015, 04:18:27 pm »
Terry Jones, vocalist for British cult 70's and 80's band Pagan Altar. They were enjoying a career revival as of late so this news is just awful. I saw Pagan Altar at their very first U.S. appearance (Maryland Death Fest 2013) and they were amazing. Terry seemed so happy and full of pride that his music resinated with so many people decades after it barely saw the light of day on cassette tape.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3704 on: May 21, 2015, 10:30:01 am »
Noted Jazz Musician Bob Belden Dies
http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=818274
<sig>