Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2600874 times)

walk,on,by

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #3930 on: September 21, 2015, 10:21:39 am »
Ben Carson,s chances. Republicans, everywhere just smiled, because there was no way they were voting for a black guy.

Space Freely

« Reply #3931 on: September 21, 2015, 10:28:51 am »
Ben Carson,s chances. Republicans, everywhere just smiled, because there was no way they were voting for a black guy.

I don't understand why people are so upset by what he said? A fundamentalist Christian (Carson), who wouldn't want a devout Muslim to be President? What is so surprising about that stance?

As an atheist, in no way would I ever want a devout Muslim OR a fundamentalist Christian in the White House. But then again, as an atheist/person of reason, I'm even more despised by likely voters than a devout Muslim or Christian fundamentalist.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3932 on: September 21, 2015, 10:46:41 am »
survivor pool participants
<sig>

« Reply #3933 on: September 21, 2015, 11:09:04 am »

, as an atheist/person of reason, I'm even more despised by likely voters than a devout Muslim or Christian fundamentalist.
Don't kid yourself that this is the only reason you are more despised (ya just lobbed it out there)
slack

ggw

« Reply #3934 on: September 21, 2015, 12:09:15 pm »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3935 on: September 21, 2015, 01:17:03 pm »
LVMH

« Reply #3936 on: September 21, 2015, 05:18:10 pm »
Scott Walker's 2016 Presidential aspirations
slack

walk,on,by

« Reply #3937 on: September 21, 2015, 06:08:24 pm »
like we, needed this thread for that.  carson, for awhile, actually looked like he had some kind of chance.

ggw

« Reply #3938 on: September 21, 2015, 09:23:41 pm »
Robert E. Simon Jr., Who Created a Town, Reston, Va., Dies at 101

At a time when millions were fleeing crowded cities for what some sociologists called a colorless life in suburbia, Mr. Simon envisioned a Northern Virginia community that blended the serenity of an Italian hill town, the urban attractions of San Francisco?s Embarcadero and the social equality of a utopia in Finland.

Mr. Simon celebrated his 100th birthday and Reston its 50th year in 2014. He was still remarkably active, attending celebratory events, walking about and chatting with friends. Nearly everyone in Reston knew him as Bob.

By then, it was a city of 60,000, a racially integrated, economically diverse mix of urban and suburban lifestyles, with high-rise apartment buildings, town houses and single-family homes; youth and senior centers; swimming pools; tennis courts; woodland paths; lakeside shops; industries and businesses.

In 2012, CNN Money magazine ranked Reston seventh on its annual ?Best Places to Live in America? list. ?It?s pretty close to what I had hoped it would be,? Mr. Simon said.

« Reply #3939 on: September 21, 2015, 09:58:43 pm »
I've been to Reston and I have no specific complaint but that seems a "bit" over-the-top.
LVMH

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3940 on: September 22, 2015, 04:37:13 am »

You would be surprised.  Then again you said Republicans not conservatives.  Most conservatives I know vote based on the merit of the individual candidates listed on the ballot and not on superficial things like skin color, age, gender, etc.
FUKIT

Yada

« Reply #3941 on: September 22, 2015, 08:48:35 am »
I've been to Reston and I have no specific complaint but that seems a "bit" over-the-top.

It's a magical place.

Relaxer

« Reply #3942 on: September 22, 2015, 09:07:02 am »

You would be surprised.  Then again you said Republicans not conservatives.  Most conservatives I know vote based on the merit of the individual candidates listed on the ballot and not on superficial things like skin color, age, gender, etc.

If conservatives are so piously color-blind and pure, why do they so consistently take positions that are opposed by minorities? And why has the conservative movement been overwhelmingly led by white men? And why do you suppose the conservative movement is most strong in a part of America - the South - that has a long and recent history with racism, prejudice, and inequality?

I guess it's all just a weird coincidence.
oword

« Reply #3943 on: September 22, 2015, 09:10:13 am »
wait... is the magical place. 
where conservatives vote based on the merit of the individual candidates listed on the ballot and not on superficial things like skin color, age, gender, etc.

because...lets be frank...you can say that, but the polling suggests otherwise
I am sure you can provide pages of anecdotal evidence, but the stats show the truth

slack

« Reply #3944 on: September 22, 2015, 09:11:45 am »

If conservatives are so piously color-blind and pure, why do they so consistently take positions that are opposed by minorities? And why has the conservative movement been overwhelmingly led by white men? And why do you suppose the conservative movement is most strong in a part of America - the South - that has a long and recent history with racism, prejudice, and inequality?

I guess it's all just a weird coincidence.
Dude, it's RatBastard, he's human garbage. None of you call him on it because he has a token gay friend.
LVMH