Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2601118 times)

vansmack

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #4080 on: December 08, 2015, 01:11:59 am »
Letter from Scott Weiland's Ex-wife and children:

December 3rd, 2015 is not the day Scott Weiland died. It is the official day the public will use to mourn him, and it was the last day he could be propped up in front of a microphone for the financial benefit or enjoyment of others. The outpouring of condolences and prayers offered to our children, Noah and Lucy, has been overwhelming, appreciated and even comforting. But the truth is, like so many other kids, they lost their father years ago. What they truly lost on December 3rd was hope.

It only gets more devastating from there: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/scott-weiland-s-family-dont-glorify-this-tragedy-20151207
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #4081 on: December 08, 2015, 08:53:28 am »
Letter from Scott Weiland's Ex-wife and children:

December 3rd, 2015 is not the day Scott Weiland died. It is the official day the public will use to mourn him, and it was the last day he could be propped up in front of a microphone for the financial benefit or enjoyment of others. The outpouring of condolences and prayers offered to our children, Noah and Lucy, has been overwhelming, appreciated and even comforting. But the truth is, like so many other kids, they lost their father years ago. What they truly lost on December 3rd was hope.

It only gets more devastating from there: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/scott-weiland-s-family-dont-glorify-this-tragedy-20151207

Wow, powerful words.

Yada

« Reply #4082 on: December 10, 2015, 09:48:41 am »
Finally read this... what a big sack of shit.

Great way to bring attention to herself (who obviously knew he had a drug problem WAAAAAAAY before they had kids). I'm sure she's not complaining about the Plush royalties that are streaming into her bank account.

hutch

« Reply #4083 on: December 10, 2015, 09:52:37 am »

Great way to bring attention to herself (who obviously knew he had a drug problem WAAAAAAAY before they had kids). I'm sure she's not complaining about the Plush royalties that are streaming into her bank account.

totally agree... very distasteful....

« Reply #4084 on: December 10, 2015, 10:23:12 am »

totally agree... very distasteful....
I'm conflicted...kinda think she was just looking for attention, but I do think she made a poignant statement about how drug addiction impacts more than the user and the wake of destruction that takes innocent kids in it's path

But the truth is, like so many other kids, they lost their father years ago. What they truly lost on December 3rd was hope.

I really think that statement really stuck with me and I think comes from the heart
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #4085 on: December 10, 2015, 10:25:37 am »
What do y'all think would be her motivation to seek attention?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4086 on: December 10, 2015, 10:59:09 am »
as is typical when someone famous dies, people only highlight the good stuff.

this man abandoned 2 kids and abused this woman.  throw in the fact that he was a horrible person to work with (thus threatening the livelihood of others), and he sounds like a douchbag and a total loser.  i think she had every right to tell her side of the story.  the letter was written with the teenage kids for whom this must have been very therapeutic.

criticizing her reminds me of the NRA criticizing folks who bring up gun control after a shooting.

I'm sure she's not complaining about the Plush royalties that are streaming into her bank account.

i'm positive that she would trade in that money for a husband and a father.

i really don't understand all the cynicism... was that out of control addict such a big hero to you?
<sig>

« Reply #4087 on: December 10, 2015, 11:08:09 am »
What do y'all think would be her motivation to seek attention?
well I don't think it's that simple, I'm 100% confident that all the news outlets had her on speed dial the moment his death was announced.
I think she deciced to just put out a statement rather than deal with them and having to talk off the cuff about something tramautic and that impacts her kids

So it would be different if she did like a Kim Kardashole type thing where she sold exclusive rights to her statement to TMZ or something

slack

Yada

« Reply #4088 on: December 10, 2015, 11:23:10 am »

this man abandoned 2 kids and abused this woman.  throw in the fact that he was a horrible person to work with (thus threatening the livelihood of others), and he sounds like a douchbag and a total loser.  i think she had every right to tell her side of the story.  the letter was written with the teenage kids for whom this must have been very therapeutic.

criticizing her reminds me of the NRA criticizing folks who bring up gun control after a shooting.

I'm sure she's not complaining about the Plush royalties that are streaming into her bank account.

i really don't understand all the cynicism... was that out of control addict such a big hero to you?

I don't think I've listened to a STP song or album in about 20 years, so no... couldn't give a shit about Weiland. But like I said above, she knew what she was getting into with that "out of control addict" way before she had his kids.

Also, what do you know about their familial situation. Maybe she was a angry bitch that wouldn't let him HAVE a relationship with his kids (even if/when he was sober). They haven't been married for nearly 8 years, so I wonder what his current wife has to say about him? I'm sure he didn't have the parenting ideals as  James Ford, but there's always another side to the story.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 11:28:12 am by Yada »

Space Freely

« Reply #4089 on: December 10, 2015, 11:47:01 am »

I don't think I've listened to a STP song or album in about 20 years, so no... couldn't give a shit about Weiland. But like I said above, she knew what she was getting into with that "out of control addict" way before she had his kids.

Also, what do you know about their familial situation. Maybe she was a angry bitch that wouldn't let him HAVE a relationship with his kids (even if/when he was sober). They haven't been married for nearly 8 years, so I wonder what his current wife has to say about him? I'm sure he didn't have the parenting ideals as  James Ford, but there's always another side to the story.

I agree that there's always at least two sides to a story, but it seems like you're viewing the situation based on a series of "maybes", "I wonders", and "even ifs" and then coming to a conclusion that the ex-wife is a person behaving badly in this situation.

Maybe she is an "angry bitch". Do you think being dicked over by her ex-husband perhaps made her an "angry bitch"? Or was she an "angry bitch" all along?

Yada

« Reply #4090 on: December 10, 2015, 11:54:41 am »

I agree that there's always at least two sides to a story, but it seems like you're viewing the situation based on a series of "maybes", "I wonders", and "even ifs" and then coming to a conclusion that the ex-wife is a person behaving badly in this situation.

Maybe she is an "angry bitch". Do you think being dicked over by her ex-husband perhaps made her an "angry bitch"? Or was she an "angry bitch" all along?

I'm going to keep referring back to my original post that she knew what she was getting into. Who picks a junkie as a partner and expects them to live a perfect life?

She can write editorials criticizing her ex husband of many moons ago for the rest of her life while his royalty checks take care of her and her kids.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4091 on: December 10, 2015, 12:05:04 pm »
She can write editorials criticizing her ex husband of many moons ago for the rest of her life while his royalty checks take care of her and her kids.
What do you want her to do? "No, kids, we can't afford college, Mom is taking a principled stand against your absentee father's money?"
LVMH

« Reply #4092 on: December 10, 2015, 12:06:13 pm »
This has categorically not been the case with Weiland.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #4093 on: December 10, 2015, 12:07:36 pm »
What do you want her to do? "No, kids, we can't afford college, Mom is taking a principled stand against your absentee father's money?"

Yes!!! She should donate it to organizations that raise awareness around addiction and physical abuse.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 12:09:24 pm by Yada »

« Reply #4094 on: December 10, 2015, 12:14:30 pm »

Yes!!! She should donate it to organization's that raise awareness around addiction and physical abuse.
Let me make sure I'm understanding this: her children, on top of not having a father, should suffer financial hardship.
LVMH