Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2603275 times)

walk,on,by

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #4140 on: January 01, 2016, 01:56:12 pm »
Natalie Cole

singing unforgettable for real, with her father, now.

She was a great talent.

« Reply #4141 on: January 01, 2016, 10:23:00 pm »
Wayne Rogers

I really did enjoy this character
slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #4142 on: January 05, 2016, 12:09:12 pm »
Paul Bley

I know a guy with the same name but different spelling, so kinda weird for me to post this.
😐 🎶

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #4143 on: January 05, 2016, 05:42:30 pm »
😐 🎶

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #4144 on: January 06, 2016, 09:25:47 am »
Pierre Boulez

Did the reaper make some kind of resolution for the new year? A hell of a start.
😐 🎶

vansmack

« Reply #4145 on: January 06, 2016, 12:54:38 pm »
27>34

killsaly

« Reply #4146 on: January 06, 2016, 03:15:44 pm »
Riley Martin died last month?????

I didnt ever order one of his drawings so that I would be guaranteed a spot on the Biavian mothership...

walk,on,by

« Reply #4147 on: January 06, 2016, 08:06:50 pm »
WHAT!!!???  RILEY DIED!!!??? 

killsaly

« Reply #4148 on: January 06, 2016, 08:13:02 pm »

https://www.howardstern.com/show-staff/24822-farewell-friend-martin-rip-riley-martin/
The Stern Show was saddened to learn of the death of one of the most notable Wack Packers to ever be heard on the Howard channels ? the one and only Riley Martin. Specifics on the cause of Riley's death are still unclear, but he had recently been experiencing "significant health issues."

"Riley, to me, was one of the greats," Howard said Wednesday morning. "We love you. We will miss you."

"The Riley Martin Show" was broadcast on Howard 101 from 2006 until 2015. The subject matter for Martin's show often revolved around his alleged personal experiences with extraterrestrial beings, specifically an alien race known as the Biaviians. In 1990, Martin penned his book "The Coming of Tan," which outlined his incredible account of being abducted by the Biaviians in 1953 at the age of 7. The leader of the Biaviians, O-Qua Tangin Wann (also known as Tan), is listed as a co-author of that book.

Born on May 9, 1949 in Mississippi, Riley leaves behind his wife Joy, whom he met after she heard him on the Howard Stern Show in the 1990s. Riley and Joy resided in New Jersey.

Fans of the Howard Stern Show will most likely remember Riley's persistent requests for more money from SiriusXM and Howard, often calling in to demand he be paid "a decent salary." Riley also spoke about his use of a "piss jug," a large glass container that he used to relieve himself while broadcasting from his home studio. "Show me the man who's never used a piss jug and I'll show you a woman, " Riley once stated on air. For a time, his online store allowed shoppers to purchase an official Riley Martin piss jug.

In addition to his visits to the Howard Stern Show, Riley also made appearances on television talk shows, such as "The Jerry Springer Show."

"While the news of Riley's passing isn't completely unexpected, it is still very sad for me," said Jim McClure, Senior Director of Programming. "I was Riley's first producer when the show first started and spoke with him on a regular basis until he became very ill in spring of 2015. I spent many nights at Riley's home, where we set up equipment for his broadcast. We even shared a few Thanksgiving dinners back in the day."

McClure continued: "The Riley I knew off the air was a very kind, smart, and funny person. I'll miss Riley and hope that his lovely wife Joy and his close friend Eric 'Eron' McCauley find peace and love when they remember the Space Cowboy.​"

Riley's former remote broadcast engineer, "Double-O" Al Ragone, added: "It's sad to see the Space Cowboy leave us, but it's finally time for him to board the mother ship once again. 'O-Qua Tangin Wann' my good friend."

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #4149 on: January 07, 2016, 01:04:40 pm »
Pat Harrington Jr., aka Schneider
😐 🎶

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4150 on: January 11, 2016, 05:42:26 am »
David Bowie.

hutch

« Reply #4151 on: January 11, 2016, 08:38:04 am »
talk about horrible news to wake up to.. I can't really believe it.. I turned on the TV and the ticker was saying something about Bowie

so surreal to go to bed thinking about Bowie, listening to his new album, thinking about the Holy Holy show and you get up and he's dead...

shemptiness

« Reply #4152 on: January 13, 2016, 03:07:49 pm »
Lawrence Phillips

« Reply #4153 on: January 13, 2016, 03:14:57 pm »
Lawrence Phillips

Yes, that Lawrence Phillips.

The star running back on University of Nebraska?s national championship teams in 1994 and 1995. A first-round pick, sixth overall, in the 1996 NFL draft. A convicted felon ? sentenced to 31 years for driving his car into three teenagers and assaulting an ex-girlfriend ? under suspicion for the recent death of his cellmate in a maximum-security prison 140 miles north of Los Angeles
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #4154 on: January 13, 2016, 03:27:35 pm »
Lawrence Phillips

Yes, that Lawrence Phillips.

The star running back on University of Nebraska?s national championship teams in 1994 and 1995. A first-round pick, sixth overall, in the 1996 NFL draft. A convicted felon ? sentenced to 31 years for driving his car into three teenagers and assaulting an ex-girlfriend ? under suspicion for the recent death of his cellmate in a maximum-security prison 140 miles north of Los Angeles

Dude was good at cursive.