Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2600755 times)

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #4395 on: April 04, 2016, 05:11:49 pm »
Greene Turtle Sports Bar and Grille (Arlington)

never been...apparently going to be replaced by an Applebys.. not very exciting news I'm afraid..
both places suck...
slack

hutch

« Reply #4396 on: April 04, 2016, 05:15:55 pm »
Greene Turtle Sports Bar and Grille (Arlington)

never been...apparently going to be replaced by an Applebys.. not very exciting news I'm afraid..
both places suck...

yes, when i first moved to arlington i thought i needed a sports bar and I eyed it from the street.. it did not pass my eye test...i have to say since then i decided i really didn't need a sports bar...

maybe at least with an applebys we can take my father in law there or something...

« Reply #4397 on: April 04, 2016, 09:39:57 pm »
by the way there are tons of Greene Turtle bars, that was not the only one (I think it's a ocean city thing)
just think the rent was high and it's kinda a low rent place

I despise sports bars...probably my least favorite place to pay to drink alcohol
the only time I somewhat enjoy them is during the world cup...and even then it's trying
slack

killsaly

« Reply #4398 on: April 05, 2016, 12:00:09 pm »
by the way there are tons of Greene Turtle bars, that was not the only one (I think it's a ocean city thing)
Did someone say there wasn't multiple ones?  I know where three are in my county (Anne Arundel) including one five minutes from my house.

I was wondering why a particular location closing would warrant a dropping dead post...

Also it is Applebee's.  Not Applebys.  That wouldn't even be pronounced the same.

walk,on,by

« Reply #4399 on: April 05, 2016, 12:28:26 pm »
one came to my area, and I don't know that much about it . . . but for some reason it reminds me of a restructuring of the old ground round restaurant experience.

dyecraig

« Reply #4400 on: April 05, 2016, 12:52:03 pm »
one came to my area, and I don't know that much about it . . . but for some reason it reminds me of a restructuring of the old ground round restaurant experience.
wow, we had one of those in wexford, pa when I was a kid.
throwing peanut shells on the floor was a big deal.
think they went under for overserving the underaged.

killsaly

« Reply #4401 on: April 05, 2016, 12:56:24 pm »
Your post reminded me of the restaurant in Louisiana that I used to go to as a kid while we were living in that parish, that also had a pro-peanuts on the floor policy (and an arcade machine of Tron!!!).  And then I found out it recently burned down.
http://www.leesvilledailyleader.com/article/20150815/NEWS/150819852
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 12:57:57 pm by killsaly »

« Reply #4402 on: April 05, 2016, 01:11:21 pm »
wow, we had one of those in wexford, pa when I was a kid.
throwing peanut shells on the floor was a big deal.
think they went under for overserving the underaged.
Loved GR for both of those reasons...not sure why, but being able to throw those shells on the ground made me keep asking my parents to go there
and as an underage lad at UofD we often hit the GR (although I did know the townie waiter too)
slack

Unsanity

Space Freely

« Reply #4404 on: April 06, 2016, 08:18:33 am »
Thunderclap Newman:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2016/04/04/andy-thunderclap-newman-pianist---obituary/

Best band pic ever. Is that Pete Townshend with the small uncircumsized weiner on the left? If so, a picture is worth a thousand words.

hutch

« Reply #4405 on: April 06, 2016, 09:12:37 am »
not Pete..sorry..

« Reply #4406 on: April 06, 2016, 10:52:28 am »
although Pete does play bass on their only album as Bijou Drains (great boardie name!)
slack

killsaly

« Reply #4407 on: April 06, 2016, 11:10:27 am »
I thought you were a family man.  Why are you checking out other dudes', wieners?

Space Freely

« Reply #4408 on: April 06, 2016, 11:14:35 am »
I thought you were a family man.  Why are you checking out other dudes', wieners?

I'm sorry your significant other doesn't let you check out anyone else.

« Reply #4409 on: April 06, 2016, 11:53:59 am »

I'm sorry your significant other doesn't let you check out anyone else.
yeah, gonna have to side with space on this one
My wife and I are fully approved by each other to check out other's dongs (or T&A) when ever we want
commentary is encouraged
jelously is for people who are insecure in their relationship
slack