Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2601859 times)

Unsanity

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #4440 on: April 11, 2016, 02:25:02 am »
Tony Conrad

aww damn. Outside The Dream Syndicate is an awesome record. That festival the obit mentions looks really cool and Tony was going to be a big part of it. What a bummer.

walk,on,by

« Reply #4441 on: April 11, 2016, 09:17:15 am »
da, da . . . dum.  my conspiracy thread, is waiting, regarding the saints guy who got shot.  i was following that story, for some reason.

killsaly

« Reply #4443 on: April 21, 2016, 09:36:52 am »
We've got to be at 30 + wrestlers who died in the last few years
not a good career if you want to live long
slack

walk,on,by

« Reply #4444 on: April 21, 2016, 10:29:57 am »
That, and don't have hhh cheat on you with the bosses daughter, thus ruining your career.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4445 on: April 21, 2016, 10:50:56 am »

It's looking like drugs is a worse choice than wrestling.

shemptiness

« Reply #4446 on: April 21, 2016, 10:52:26 am »
'Richard Duaine Lyons, a founding member of the group Negativland, died peacefully and pain free at age 57 at eleven ("it's not even funny") PM on his birthday, April 19th, 2016, from complications due to nodular melanoma. He successfully fought off this cancer over 12 years ago, but it had recently returned, with inoperable tumors on his spine, liver and brain, and nothing succeeded in stopping it.'

« Reply #4447 on: April 21, 2016, 11:30:12 am »

It's looking like drugs is a worse choice than wrestling.
what are you nancy regan

I'd have to say prescription drugs, alcohol and Americans with guns... kill way more ....
slack

killsaly

« Reply #4448 on: April 21, 2016, 11:40:54 am »
"back in the day"

Wrestler - worked four to six nights a week; gets injured; pops some pills and drinks; keeps wrestling; keeps popping pills; gets prescriptions from doctors who gave them out like candy to these performers; keep wrestling; takes more pills; moves on to crack or heroin; body breaks down from years of bumps (when they hit the mat); takes more pills; gets depressed; no longer has job because gets old; takes more drugs; drinks more alcohol; etc  (All while taking steroids cause Vince has a hard on for muscles)... AND getting multiple concussions. 

It is not like that anymore.  After the Benoit incident, they implemented a three strike wellness policy.  They do not do drugs like they used to. The wrestlers are working less dates.  Concussions are still HUGE deal, but they are smarter about it... that is why their biggest star of the last half decade had to retire in his mid-30s...

walk,on,by

« Reply #4449 on: April 21, 2016, 12:03:17 pm »
and its all . . . fake.  someone, needs to write a defining article on why the world of wrestling exists as it does today.  I'm not talking about the origins of it, people are tired of origin stories (cough cough, batman versus superman), but I'm talking about the era when it exploded into the wrestlemania show stopping spectacle traveling circus of guys in tight shorts and hot hot fucking oiled downed bodies, that it exploded into.  the money made and the money needed to run this thing for so long, confounds me.

killsaly

« Reply #4450 on: April 21, 2016, 12:08:27 pm »
The outcomes are per-determined.  They do not try to hurt each other.  BUT, accidents happen, ALL the time.

An article?

Dude there are books and books written on the subject of pro-wrestling.  Especially from the 1980s onward...

or listen to one of the various wrestling podcasts that interview the old timers...

Anyway, out of respect, we can take the wrestling talk to my nerd thread or make a new wrestling one...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 12:11:23 pm by killsaly »

walk,on,by

« Reply #4451 on: April 21, 2016, 12:14:52 pm »
sorry, I should have been more specific.  "write an article" was just a figure of speech of how I can't believe the money machine of the "sport" of wrestling just keeps on keeping on.  I honestly did not know, there were countless books on what wrestling is.  ugh.  ok, no one needs to write any articles.

and a wrestling thread would just be you and dfa.  no one would read it.  the end /
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 12:16:29 pm by walk,on,by »

Yada

« Reply #4452 on: April 21, 2016, 12:48:04 pm »
Prince?

Got Haggis?

« Reply #4453 on: April 21, 2016, 12:51:17 pm »
Definitely sounds like it - from the flu. Fuck

hutch

« Reply #4454 on: April 21, 2016, 12:55:58 pm »