Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2602161 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #4515 on: April 29, 2016, 12:08:34 pm »
😐 🎶

Unsanity

« Reply #4516 on: April 30, 2016, 03:39:18 am »
Kylesa is going on indefinite hiatus. I took this from their FB page:

"To our fans and friends... After 15 years of nonstop touring and writing, we decided that it is time for a break. A lot of you have been asking when we are coming to your part of the world and that means a lot to us. However, we feel it should be known that as of now we have no plans to play any shows or work on any new material. We have collectively decided to take a hiatus with no set date to reconvene. We want to give a huge thanks to all our fans, friends, and family for the support over the years. It has been a killer journey and a real pleasure meeting so many amazing people along the way."

They might come back but until then..thanks for the music Kylesa!

killsaly

« Reply #4517 on: May 02, 2016, 06:17:25 pm »
Sports Authority

Relaxer

« Reply #4518 on: May 02, 2016, 06:45:39 pm »
Fuck! I just bought a frisbee from them yesterday at Poto Yard. Me and my boys were playing catch in the store, real long bombs too, crashing into everything, I just didn't give a shit. That place is such an easy hour spent playing with the kids. We've played entire games of football in that back corner. Then I crash'em out at Barnes & Noble. SNORE! Boom, quality time
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #4519 on: May 02, 2016, 06:49:09 pm »
It was awkward when one of Huckle's long bombs sailed into women's active wear and hit a mannequin, scaring the diarrhea out of a lady standing next to it. Whoops! Sorry! [sees no ring on finger] Kids, right? Toughest job you'll ever love. Wonderful, really. So what are you shopping for? You know the petite section is over there, here let me show you.
oword

hutch

« Reply #4520 on: May 03, 2016, 09:35:42 am »
Afani Shakur (Tupac's momma)

« Reply #4521 on: May 03, 2016, 10:07:06 am »
It was awkward when one of Huckle's
Did you name your son Huckleberry!
cruel
slack

Relaxer

« Reply #4522 on: May 03, 2016, 10:38:51 am »
No, of course not, don't be silly. I name him Huckle.
oword

« Reply #4523 on: May 08, 2016, 09:37:34 am »
John Stabb
sadly the day before his benefit show
slack

hutch

« Reply #4524 on: May 08, 2016, 10:28:47 am »
well you can look at it that way or look at it that it was terminal and this event will give people a chance to gather together...

i'm kind of amazed they raised 50K in two months.. that's a lot of money and speaks to the generosity of people in the dc community and beyond.....and to the man.

cancer is such a bitch...certain forms will really just take you out quick.. doesn't matter one whit how you "fight it".. its not a fight.. watching a very close friend die to it last year... he was just about stabb's age too...he didn't stand a chance...this whole industry "cancer centers of america" etc that has emerged preying on people.. and this whole approach of how you can defeat cancer if you just have a good attitude and try hard... i've really grown to resent it..the whole terminology "blah blah lost his fight with cancer..."....its bad enough people die but do they have to be called losers too? and then on the other side you have the "holistic" or natural approach which is just as lame... this friend of mine spent tons of money eating every recommended overpriced natural food .. all bullshit..the fact is if you get an aggressive form of cancer you're going to die...doesn't make you a person who didn't want to live or did something wrong..

anyways, as far as tonight.. got to hand it to thurston moore..he's really stepping up... i noticed he just did a benefit for ivan julian a couple of days ago.. now he comes down to do one for stabb.... getting old and watching people die sure sucks but what is the alternative?...

« Reply #4525 on: May 08, 2016, 11:38:53 am »
well you can look at it that way or look at it that it was terminal and this event will give people a chance to gather together...

I totally agree and I think it would be a good opportunity for the people who knew him to get together and celebrate the good memories

regardless of you stance on the 'fight' part...there still are I can only imagine huge medical costs his loved ones have to pay, so for that I think it's great thing to do
slack

bob72

« Reply #4526 on: May 08, 2016, 12:02:34 pm »
I'm not originally from DC
I do not know John personally
In fact, I've never owned a GI album
But his influence is far reaching and his absence will not go unnoticed
RIP
PENIS

hutch

« Reply #4527 on: May 08, 2016, 01:08:27 pm »

I totally agree and I think it would be a good opportunity for the people who knew him to get together and celebrate the good memories

regardless of you stance on the 'fight' part...there still are I can only imagine huge medical costs his loved ones have to pay, so for that I think it's great thing to do

of coure.. I hope it did not come off as if I was saying people shouldn't see doctors and get treatment for their health problems!

I look forward to seeing some of the DC music community tonight... the Black Cat is always the epicentre of the DC music community

Space Freely

« Reply #4528 on: May 08, 2016, 08:45:48 pm »
Candye Kane

bob72

« Reply #4529 on: May 08, 2016, 11:09:42 pm »
Synthesizer and electronic music pioneer Isao Tomita has died at 84
PENIS