Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2549228 times)

hutch

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #5025 on: February 10, 2017, 11:02:06 pm »
He owned the Tigers in the 80s? Man were they awesome then or what!? That team with Sparky coaching and Alan Trammel that won like the first 98 games of the season was unbelievable.. I think they didn't win the World Series that year but man they were the best...I can't remember the names of the rest of the team right now but they had so many great players...wasn't one of the infielders named Lou something...man I loved Sparky too..

man i got to take some prevagen..

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #5026 on: February 11, 2017, 11:20:04 am »
He bought the red wings in he early 80s and the tigers in the early 90s. He was not the owner for those classic 80s teams or the 1984 Bless You Boys team.

Lou Whitaker is who you're thinking of.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #5027 on: February 12, 2017, 03:12:30 pm »
al jarreau

ggw

« Reply #5028 on: February 14, 2017, 05:08:48 pm »
Kim Jong Nam - Half-brother of Kim Jong Un - stabbed with poison needles by two women at Kuala Lumpur airport

You gotta love North Korea.

ggw

« Reply #5029 on: February 15, 2017, 02:57:49 pm »

Bags

« Reply #5030 on: February 15, 2017, 03:04:50 pm »
iota?
Hmmmmm.......
When asked about the plans, IOTA co-owner Jane Negrey Inge said she did not expect the renovations to happen ?any time? soon.?

Over the years we?ve seen a lot of excitement around us. In our first couple years Arlington County sold the public alley behind us to the owners of the Sears Building and we became landlocked! It was disappointing but we worked things out and over the years we?ve maintained a spirit of cooperation with our neighbors and various land-owners. As far as we know changes are coming again with new owners but I don?t think 2832 Wilson will come crashing down on our heads any time real soon. Spring is going [to] spring into gear, and we?ll be glad to re-open the IOTA Back Alley for the season and enjoy good weather, good beer, good friends ? which sounds like a good development plan to me!

Yada

« Reply #5031 on: February 15, 2017, 03:07:24 pm »
iota?
Hmmmmm.......
When asked about the plans, IOTA co-owner Jane Negrey Inge said she did not expect the renovations to happen ?any time? soon.?

Over the years we?ve seen a lot of excitement around us. In our first couple years Arlington County sold the public alley behind us to the owners of the Sears Building and we became landlocked! It was disappointing but we worked things out and over the years we?ve maintained a spirit of cooperation with our neighbors and various land-owners. As far as we know changes are coming again with new owners but I don?t think 2832 Wilson will come crashing down on our heads any time real soon. Spring is going [to] spring into gear, and we?ll be glad to re-open the IOTA Back Alley for the season and enjoy good weather, good beer, good friends ? which sounds like a good development plan to me!

I rarely go there, but that's unfortunate.. I guess the new city winery and the "americana" club will take those acts.

Yada

« Reply #5032 on: February 17, 2017, 12:52:55 pm »
George the Animal Steele

walkie,talkie

« Reply #5033 on: February 17, 2017, 01:05:43 pm »
damn.  loved him.  I wonder, if wrestling today is as what wrestling was, which was a Hollywood styled showboat spectacle.

ggw

« Reply #5034 on: February 17, 2017, 01:09:56 pm »
Irwin Stambler - Author of the 1974 tome The Encyclopedia of Pop, Rock, and Soul - Some excerpts

Yada

« Reply #5035 on: February 17, 2017, 01:18:56 pm »
damn.  loved him.  I wonder, if wrestling today is as what wrestling was, which was a Hollywood styled showboat spectacle.

Supposedly killsally is having a memorial for The Animal this weekend. You may want to reach out to him.

walkie,talkie

« Reply #5036 on: February 17, 2017, 01:28:10 pm »
I wonder where.  In DC, where can one openly chew on ring turnbuckles until the stuffing goes flying all over the place, as you hold candles and flowers?

« Reply #5037 on: February 17, 2017, 03:50:08 pm »

Supposedly killsally is having a memorial for The Animal this weekend. You may want to reach out to him.
is it me or did like all the famous 'pro' wrestlers from the 70s and the 80s just die in the last two years
who's left...hulk hogan unfortunately
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #5038 on: February 17, 2017, 04:02:37 pm »

is it me or did like all the famous 'pro' wrestlers from the 70s and the 80s just die in the last two years
who's left...hulk hogan unfortunately

The Rock's dad, Rocky Johnson, is still kicking.

Relaxer

« Reply #5039 on: February 17, 2017, 04:42:02 pm »
To be honest, I'm completely amazed that George "The Animal" Steele was still alive.
oword