Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2548382 times)

hutch

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #6540 on: September 13, 2019, 04:14:21 pm »
I have read more than one unflattering account but who knows what is really true and the man is dead

The idea of seeing him live never held any appeal...

nkotb

« Reply #6541 on: September 13, 2019, 04:14:45 pm »
YES

Am I imagining this, or did someone on this board claim to have pushed Eddie Money in a pool at some point?

Originally posted by frenchpiece:
  Eddie Money is the worst singer ever. He should be shot on sight just to prevent a tv exec from crapping out another bad idea, like having him sing the new theme to Tara Reid's show "Two Tickets to Taradise."
I had to sit through one of his sets in Zanesville Ohio at a place called Legend Valley. He was staying at the same motel as we were and came out to hang by the pool. A few friends noticed and went down to say hello. He was such a jerk that they literally picked him up while in his pool chair, and tossed him, chair and all into the pool. He took off running to his room and shut the door. A few seconds later 2 huge bodyguard/bouncer types came from the next room over from his and glared up at us but made no approach. There were alot of us and boy did we laugh.Others at Legend Valley that day were Cars, Cheap Trick and Todd Rundgren's Utopia.Ah,good times!

vansmack

« Reply #6542 on: September 13, 2019, 04:15:38 pm »
Yeah, sorry.  I didn't have time to track it down this morning, but I knew you were right.  You just had to wait until my lunch...
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6543 on: September 13, 2019, 04:22:53 pm »
This is a very satisfying resolution to nkotb's query. I must have missed this back in the day. 10 out of 10.
LVMH

nkotb

« Reply #6544 on: September 13, 2019, 04:33:14 pm »
I forget to switch the laundry in the time it takes to walk down the stairs, yet this has lingered in my head for almost 14 years. Normal brain.

Space Freely

« Reply #6545 on: September 13, 2019, 05:53:43 pm »
I remember every time they introduced Eddie Money on Solid Gold, they always mentioned he was a former NYC cop.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6546 on: September 13, 2019, 09:02:45 pm »
Guess I can end my long standing beef with Eddie... At The Who, The Clash, Eddie Money Sllverdome show far too many decades ago... Apparently Mr Money felt his set was too short and decided to play longer then allotted, thus cutting The Clash’s set short that evening.  Word is he was fined for his antics...
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #6547 on: September 13, 2019, 09:07:35 pm »
Nah...I would hold that grudge forever

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6548 on: September 13, 2019, 09:33:59 pm »
Well I was trying to verify this memory and the part I erased from memory was that the crowd loved mr. money and by the time the clash started they were being boo... guess that whole wrong place wrong time for them
T.Rex

dyecraig

« Reply #6549 on: September 13, 2019, 10:56:31 pm »
Guess I can end my long standing beef with Eddie... At The Who, The Clash, Eddie Money Sllverdome show far too many decades ago... Apparently Mr Money felt his set was too short and decided to play longer then allotted, thus cutting The Clash’s set short that evening.  Word is he was fined for his antics...

How can you play a longer set when you only have like four decent songs? And only get fined?

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #6550 on: September 15, 2019, 08:30:40 pm »
😐 🎶

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6551 on: September 15, 2019, 08:37:03 pm »
Ric Ocasek

Fuck.

Literally just flipped on the TV and saw the T-Mobile commercial with Magic :(
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 08:44:36 pm by grateful »

hutch

« Reply #6552 on: September 15, 2019, 08:45:49 pm »
Hard to believe he was the same age as Mick Jagger

« Reply #6553 on: September 15, 2019, 09:24:24 pm »
Ric Ocasek

Fuck.

Literally just flipped on the TV and saw the T-Mobile commercial with Magic :(
That does really suck
had the cars first album on heavy rotation in the backyard this summer
was always on my bucket list to catch him
slack

hutch

« Reply #6554 on: September 15, 2019, 09:31:09 pm »
The Cars actually played the 930 a few years ago...maybe 2013 around their reunion album Move like this which is good

They were never known for their live performances

I find Ocasek’s production work really interesting...you wouldn’t think it but he produced some groundbreaking stuff with Bad Brains, Suicide (and the Alan Vega LP Saturn Strip is great)..

Unfortunately I think he wasn’t able to do the trick of helping GBV breakthrough but I guess that was never in the cards